Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's basically the size of my HTC Touch Pro. Similar to the Touch. Shouldn't be a huge issue, I'm used to this size.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    I think alot of people will be surprised to see how small it is. Even in some of these early in store reviews its mentioned that its so small.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Wow, my 700p looks like a monster compared to the Pre.

Awesome link. Thanks

Can't wait!
    but the 700p`s screen is tiny to that of the pre`s.
    Actual Size:
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I knew it was small, but wow seeing it against the iPod Classic and a deck of playing cards (barely bigger than the latter) really puts it in perspective.
    Yes it is actually alot smaller than I thought too
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's small. Surprisingly small, no doubt about it. Damn, Pre! Why do I covet thee?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the small size of the Pre is one of the reasons it's going to be my first smartphone. I keep my phone in my pocket, and I cannot stand big phones. luckily the Pre is almost exactly the same size as my current phone, a Samsung Sync.
    Don't forget we at PreCentral did a post about the physical screen size too

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-s...ize-comparison

And for a comparison of the full device size itself: http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-size-comparisons

Photo comparison: http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...tae%5B1%5D.jpg
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 06/03/2009 at 03:09 AM.
    I agree that many will be surprised. I always thought the iPhone was too big and that my Centro was fine. I could use a larger kb (i think the Pre is better spaced) and a larger screen. As long as one and two hand operation is not compromised by size, I could care less. Doesn't look like that will be a problem.
    I don't get it, how is the Pre small? What devices are people coming from that this is possibly small?

So far, I've seen that the screen real estate itself is larger than my Touch Pro, the devices is a bit chubbier, but at the same time thinner and less tall...

Are all these pundits iPhone whores or something? Honestly, the iPhone feels comparatively huge to anything.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    I'm not a pundit, and like I said, I did know it was small but as a point of comparison to the deck of cards it looks really tiny. And as for the past phones I've had...

The Pre is about 0.7" shorter than my q9c, about 0.3" narrower, and about the same thickness as it with the extended battery.

It's 0.4" shorter than my previous phone to that (the Treo 755p), the same width, and 0.1" thinner.

So yeah, it's a huge difference.
    Wait guys, hold the phone, one minute here, just a second; so what you're telling me is... that it's small?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Hold a 700p and then the Pre and tell me that it isn't small... It's like holding a 17" Laptop and then holding a 12".
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    It's basically the size of my HTC Touch Pro. Similar to the Touch. Shouldn't be a huge issue, I'm used to this size.
    Your worng its half the size of a HTC Touch Pro, its smalle then the Diamond and I currenlty own a Centro and compared to my centro it just feels small.
    The issue here is people are so busy trying to dry hump a picture of a phone they have never touched and areso goo goo eyed over it that rational thought is out the window.
  17.    #37  
    ya I now trust me prior to yesterday all I have heard from people is the phone is smaller then what they thought and the pictures serve it no justice, it is allot and I mean allot smaller in person. I think its so much smaller because the dimensions that sprint listed is for example the thickest part of the phone is listed but thaht thicknes is really only in the center of the phone everything else is thinner because the phone is curved. All I can say is your in for a surprice as far as the size is concerned. I'm telling you the picture comparison does nothing for you as I have used those comparisons before seeing the phone too.
    Goodness!

My Big ol hands might engulf this thing! My wife will love the size. It might take some time to get used to it! Like everyone else said, it makes my 700p look like Shaq compared to Kobe!

I am afraid that the smooth curves will find me holding it more than I should!
    I got to play with one yesterday, and I think it's the perfect size. I was at a concert on Saturday and this girl in front of me had an iphone, and it was HUGE. I had never really seen one up close, but she couldn't fit it in her pocket. She had to carry it. Thank you, but I would rather not carry around a brick all day.

The Pre feels perfect in my hand, and the screen is just the right size. Once you zoom in on what you actually want to see, it will be plenty big enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    WOW, this thing will get lost in my hands!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast