Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    How about a thread with confirmed launch information. "NO RUMORS" This information should only be about the launch and from Management ie.... corporate store manager or people in executive positions. This is to weed out all the rumors so we can be better prepared for the launch.

I will start.

1. No telesales or online purchase on the day of launch. Confirmed through BAW admin.
    2. No changing of your upgrade eligibility date. Confirmed through Executive Relations.
    3. Upgrade price for those with less than one year into contract $549, upgrade price for those 12-22 months into contract $474, upgrade price for those 22-24 months or Sprint Premier 12-24 months is $199 after MIR. Confirmed through Executive Relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    How about a thread with confirmed launch information. "NO RUMORS" This information should only be about the launch and from Management ie.... corporate store manager or people in executive positions. This is to weed out all the rumors so we can be better prepared for the launch.

I will start.

1. No telesales or online purchase on the day of launch. Confirmed through BAW admin.
    2. No changing of your upgrade eligibility date. Confirmed through Executive Relations.
    3. Upgrade price for those with less than one year into contract $549, upgrade price for those 12-22 months into contract $474, upgrade price for those 22-24 months or Sprint Premier 12-24 months is $199 after MIR. Confirmed through Executive Relations.

Interesting. I just got off an online chat with a sprint rep who told me my price would be $299 after mail in rebate. I am 18 months into my contract which expires on 1/1/2010, and he verified that we are premier customers.
    Should I then be able to negotiate an upgrade for $199 instead of the $299 he is claiming?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Premier Customers are allowed the full discount on the phone, just like a new customer. Check the BAW site. That is what Executive Relations stated, it is all on the BAW site.
    I thought premiere customers were able to upgrade after only 12 months for the $199 after mir???
    WTF is BAW?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Correct after 12 months. BAW is Buzzaboutwirelss.com which is Sprint's Managed Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    I thought premiere customers were able to upgrade after only 12 months for the $199 after mir???
    'tis true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    WTF is BAW?
    buzzaboutwirless.com
    Premier Customers are allowed the full discount on the phone, just like a new customer. Check the BAW site. That is what Executive Relations stated, it is all on the BAW site.
    Cool. Thanks
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    That's what the OP said in the link.

This is absolutely correct. I just confirmed it with a sprint rep online. I asked that she made a note of this in my account just in case of any "miscommunications" at the sprint store. Thanks a ton guys
    I was just wondering about this. So i joined sprint in January 2009 but somehow I am eligible for the $150 rebate. Is that the rebate that is available for people after 2 years or what. I'm not sure so I don't know how much I would be paying. I am assuming with that 150 off I would be paying $199 after MIR.

Am I correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    buzzaboutwirless.com
    @#$@#%#$@#&$%*&% Sprint ripped off our acronym.

BAW = Beers After Work
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I just read the Pre FAQ on buzzaboutwireless.com, and the 1st point which lists the plans that are compatible with Pre looks incorrect. They're missing the "Everything Referral" plans which are the current incarnation of the old SERO plans. I'm currently on the SERO 500 plan, and have been told by 2 different Sprint reps (the ones in retentions, who presumably know what they're talking about) that the "Everything Referral" plan ARE compatible with the Pre. Both offered to switch me to the Everything Referral 500 plan, which - aside from being $59/month instead of $30/month - is basically the same as SERO 500.

I will start.

That pretty much confirms what I've been hearing consistently for a few days now. I think the real information has finally percolated throughout the Sprint customer service organization, at least for the most part.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Hmmm...Just a week or two ago I reupped my 2 year contract, but I specifically made sure I could still get the Pre for $199 after the mail in rebate. If I am reading what you wrote correctly, according to your information, it would cost me $549--I will leave & go to iPhone of that is the case so I hope you are wrong as I want the Pre.

Cheers
    I can't imagine that Sprint will make my brother, his wife, and myself pay $549 each despite the fact that we signed a new contract last June with the Instincts. That's three sales they'd be losing right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I can't imagine that Sprint will make my brother, his wife, and myself pay $549 each despite the fact that we signed a new contract last June with the Instincts. That's three sales they'd be losing right there.
    They will on Saturday, June 6. Monday, June 8+ might be different. But from what I have read everywhere, no deals on roll out day.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Hopefully that isn't the case. My bro wants to go to Best Buy for some reason, considering we got our Instincts from there last year. I'm not sure, we'll see what we can work out I guess.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I thought I read someplace that you could not activate a pre on an employee plan, including an employee referral plan for 90 days after the pre launches.. I could be wrong though.. don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    I just read the Pre FAQ on buzzaboutwireless.com, and the 1st point which lists the plans that are compatible with Pre looks incorrect. They're missing the "Everything Referral" plans which are the current incarnation of the old SERO plans. I'm currently on the SERO 500 plan, and have been told by 2 different Sprint reps (the ones in retentions, who presumably know what they're talking about) that the "Everything Referral" plan ARE compatible with the Pre. Both offered to switch me to the Everything Referral 500 plan, which - aside from being $59/month instead of $30/month - is basically the same as SERO 500.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast