Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I thought I read someplace that you could not activate a pre on an employee plan, including an employee referral plan for 90 days after the pre launches.. I could be wrong though.. don't quote me on that.
    I've heard that Sprint employees can't buy them for 90 days, but I hadn't heard that employee plans like EPRP had the same restriction. Neither of the reps I spoke to mentioned that at all. On the other hand, Sprint reps have been known to be wrong before....
    This thread isn't going to work. Nothing is "confirmed" unless it's been anounced by Sprint themselves. OP states that BAW says Pre isn't available via Telesales on launch? Well I was told by several reps in store and Telesales agents, as well as CSR's and a Supervisor and Manager out of the Nashville call center that it will be available. So it's always going to be a case of "he said, she said" kinda thing. Nothing will be "confirmed" unless it's been from the horses mouth. Admin on BAW aren't anymore reliable than CSR's and people you talk to at Sprint (Corporate or over the phone).
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    This thread isn't going to work. Nothing is "confirmed" unless it's been anounced by Sprint themselves. OP states that BAW says Pre isn't available via Telesales on launch? Well I was told by several reps in store and Telesales agents, as well as CSR's and a Supervisor and Manager out of the Nashville call center that it will be available.
    I work for a vendor call center for Sprint and can confirm the document that was posted here...

precentral.net/pre-not-available-sprint-web-or-telesales-launch

...is showing up on the Sprint Customer Care home page.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Whoops...sorry for the double-post.
    Last edited by corye; 06/03/2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    At this point, I'm tempted to just sign a new contract with the $60 EPRP and a new line and just say screw it to the old SERO line with my Touch Pro. It's going to be a nightmare to get it changed, I don't care about the number too much, and if they're going to pull this upgrade pricing nonsense, what's the point?
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    @#$@#%#$@#&$%*&% Sprint ripped off our acronym.

BAW = Beers After Work
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    How about a thread with confirmed launch information. "NO RUMORS" This information should only be about the launch and from Management ie.... corporate store manager or people in executive positions. This is to weed out all the rumors so we can be better prepared for the launch.

I will start.

1. No telesales or online purchase on the day of launch. Confirmed through BAW admin.
    2. No changing of your upgrade eligibility date. Confirmed through Executive Relations.
    3. Upgrade price for those with less than one year into contract $549, upgrade price for those 12-22 months into contract $474, upgrade price for those 22-24 months or Sprint Premier 12-24 months is $199 after MIR. Confirmed through Executive Relations.
    # 2 is wrong.. 100%.. there are people who are allowed to get the phone at full price (if they can charge it to their account) and then reps will credit their account for the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I can't imagine that Sprint will make my brother, his wife, and myself pay $549 each despite the fact that we signed a new contract last June with the Instincts. That's three sales they'd be losing right there.
    If you've had Instincts for a year, then you're likely a premier customer. As has been said, Premier customers only need to wait one year since upgrades to get the full rebates/new customer price. What date in June did you get your Instincts?

My gut feeling is that they won't let you get the full discounts if it hasn't been the year yet, and they especially won't let if you're not Premier (but if you're on Everything Plans, you should be Premier). But if your contract was started in June, your year will be up within the month no matter what.

That make any sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    If you've had Instincts for a year, then you're likely a premier customer. As has been said, Premier customers only need to wait one year since upgrades to get the full rebates/new customer price. What date in June did you get your Instincts?

My gut feeling is that they won't let you get the full discounts if it hasn't been the year yet, and they especially won't let if you're not Premier (but if you're on Everything Plans, you should be Premier). But if your contract was started in June, your year will be up within the month no matter what.

That make any sense?
    No it does, we're Premiers for sure. We got them on the 20th, I think, which was the day they came out.

That's what I was saying. We renewed the contract last year, so I doubt they'd give us a hassle for trying to re-up two weeks before when we're buying three phones. Of course, Sprint is Sprint, heh!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Oh they will care.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12