1.    #1  
    I'm only eligible for a $75 upgrade and, from what i've heard here, I'm gonna have to pay $475. Will i be able to use my dad's upgrade to get a pre at $199?
    Are both lines on the same account? If they are you might be able to at a Best Buy. If you do it through Sprint and then swap the phone over to your line within the first 30 days you'll likely lose the eligibility for the mail-in rebate.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    First off, I've been with Sprint for 6 years, so yes I'm a premier customer. I contacted sprint inquiring how much it would cost for me to upgrade my curve 8330 ---> Pre.

I was told it would get $75 upgrade eligibility discount + $70 off for getting into a 2 year contract! No instant rebate. So Pre will be costing me $400.00!! What rubbish! And guess what? They only offer $150 upgrade elibility discount to your primary line which is peachy, but the line I added in sept 08 some how switched to the primary line!!!!! When the number I started sprint with and have had for 6 years isn't primary!?!?! Is anyone else in my situation? How do I go on about getting this sorted out? so I get a bigger discount on the line which is suppose to my primary line. Thanks for any insight, plus do tell me what its going to cost you.
  4.    #4  
    Yea they're on the same account. I'll have to call tomorrow to ask specifically if this is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    First off, I've been with Sprint for 6 years, so yes I'm a premier customer.
    Unless you have a plan over $69, you need to be with Sprint for 10 years to be a Premier custumer. Are you sure you are premier?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yes i'm certain and yes i have a plan over 100 - 150/Month - for two Blackberry lines
    i'm just shocked they would give me $70 off for a two year contract - will try retention , first waiting on e-care reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    Yea they're on the same account. I'll have to call tomorrow to ask specifically if this is possible.
    Like I said, if you call Sprint they most likely will tell you that you cant do that. But they will do this at Best Buy (at least they have the couple of times I've done it and the last time I did it was less than a month ago). So in your situation you will probably have better luck through Best Buy.
    So I purchased a Palm Centro in October of 2007 and renewed my contract for 2 years. According to my math I'd be eligible for the full $150 upgrade rebate in August '09. Funny thing is when I check my account info on sprint.com it says I'm eligible for the full $150 now. Not sure how that's possible since 22 months is in August (it even says my contract expires in October 2009.)

Figured I'd double check with Sprint to see if there is something funny going on. They confirmed that I'll get the full $150 upgrade rebate when I renew my contract. I'm not a Premiere customer as far as I can tell so who knows what's up.

What follows is the response I received from eCare just in case anyone else was wondering about upgrade pricing. Could be inaccurate info so take it for what it's worth.

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the handset upgrade.

Currently your phone qualifies for all the rebates including $150.00
    instant rebate. You can get any phone at the online price which is
    noted on our website. The savings on the phone require a new two-year
    Sprint Subscriber Agreement

Therefore, you can purchase the Palm Pre at $299.00 with the $100.00
    mail in rebate. Hence, after the mail in rebate the handset will cost to
    you $199.00.

You can directly get this phone from Sprint Retail Stores, Best Buy,
    RadioShack or select Wal-Mart stores on June 06, 2009.

Thank you again for emailing us.