Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which location will you be at? What time are you getting there?

I'll be at one of the three locations on Cobb Parkway. I just haven't decided which one yet. Maybe arriving at 6am. Think two hours early should be enough?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm either going to the Cobb Parkway location, Caroline St location (Edgewood), or Best Buy (Edgewood)....I'm trying to get into the party on the 5th! I'll gladly compensate someone if they take me as their guest!
    ill be at the cobb parkway location... at 6 am
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Damn I guess I need to be at the Cobb Parkway location at 5:30 am then.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Im going to cobb parkway sprint store, im just going to buy the phone and go home and call the sero line to activate after trying to play with it.

The pre party on friday of course is going to be at the Cobb Pkwy sprint store at akers mill
    Satellite boulevard in Gwinnett county.... i hope to get 1...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playaj View Post
    Im going to cobb parkway sprint store, im just going to buy the phone and go home and call the sero line to activate after trying to play with it.

The pre party on friday of course is going to be at the Cobb Pkwy sprint store at akers mill
    If I don't get my invite by the end of Wednesday, I am crashing the party
    ill be at the one on barrett parkway then maybe, its right across from carmax
  9.    #9  
    We're getting closer. Just a few more days!!!
    Satellite blvd probably (hopefully around 8AM). Hope to the get invite tomorrow morning.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    timGSU,

PM your email address, I might be able to get you in on Friday
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I need an invite to the pre release party on Friday, can anyone hook me up?
    My first contact with a Sprint representative was this evening, and it was not a good experience.

I have been following the Palm Pre news ever since it received Best of CES, and have been an avid reader of PreCentral.net.

Last month, I called Verizon, my current cell provider, to find out how much it would be to break our contract (close to $200).

I wait patiently until this week. It is Wednesday evening, June 3rd. I go in our nearest Sprint store, the one across from North Point Mall in Alpharetta.

I speak with a sales manager, John O. (I have his card right in front of me). I let him know that I am interested in the Pre, have been following it since CES, and ask him if he has an idea of how many they will be getting in.

He maintains that he has no idea, that he's hardly paid any attention to it, and that we probably know more than he does.

He says this while a big Pre ad is playing on the monitor on the wall right in front of him.

Maintains that he'll probably get some training on it on Friday.

I asked pointedly, "So, no one has been in here asking about the Pre? You're not expecting a huge crowd? Because I have seen pictures online of people already queuing up."

He just said that there would be all hands on deck on June 6th.

At that point, I gave up. I don't want to accuse the man of being a liar, but I know full well that Sprint has designated a store advocate in each store for this. It's their biggest release in some time.

Look, man, I just want to know whether it is going to be a complete waste of time to come by on Saturday morning. That's it. I am trying to buy a phone from you. As a totally new customer, I'd think you'd want to take my money and give me a little helpful information. I'm obviously interested in your product, so it isn't a hard sale.

This is not a good way to make a first impression, Sprint. Seriously. The guy was insulting my intelligence by pretending to know so little.

Verizon has as much as said that they'll have the Palm Pre after Sprint's exclusive is over. They're my existing carrier. Mr. O.'s manner certainly gave the impression that he could not possibly care less whether or not I stayed with them.

He doesn't have to care about the initial sale, sure. The Pre is going to sell. However, getting and keeping a customer for the initial contract, and the next contract, and the next ... that recurring revenue for the health of quarterly profits is something I should think every sales employee would care about, but apparently not.
    Are you not aware of the Non-Disclosure contract that employees have had to sign? Many employees just want to keep their jobs. This info is all over the forum and this is why things have been so quiet until recently. Hope this helped.
  15. mus
    Mall of Georgia, Corp. Store in Buford. Hoping for invite to purchase on Friday night. If not 7:00 a.m. on Saturday.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    AtlPre, just sent ya a PM! Thanks! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Are you not aware of the Non-Disclosure contract that employees have had to sign? Many employees just want to keep their jobs. This info is all over the forum and this is why things have been so quiet until recently. Hope this helped.
    I am aware of the NDAs, however, I've been under NDAs before myself. I was at least permitted to say that I was sorry, but I couldn't say anything about that. The guy did not have to pretend that he didn't know anything about it when it was playing right on the monitor in front of him. Being honest that you can't tell someone something is better than acting like you don't know about the giant elephant in the room. Just telling me that they weren't permitted to talk about it until Saturday would have been enough not to waste my time.
    hey Atlantans,

Any Premeires out there have an invite to share for the big shindig tomorrow night at Akers Mill. I'm considering just trying to crash but if I could actually get in legitimately it would be better. By the way I'm a 11 year premeir customer with 3 lines on my account but I guess that wasnt good enough to get invited

Should that fail I'm going to go to the Barrett parkway store around 6 on Saturday.
    Did anyone on the party wait list get a "Sorry, we're full" email ?
    Anyone know the details of the party at 6pm at Cobb Sprint? Any celebrities? Hours? Food? Etc? Just curious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast