Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If anyone gets a chance to test at a store this week, please test Orb streaming at http://test.orb.com. You may have to try both wmv and 3gp streamnig.

Also test internet radio on www.radioio.com/io2go - you may have to try both streaming mp3 and wma.

Also test performance at http://dslreports.com/mspeed

Thanks in advance.

Post other sites here or other things that you'd like to see tested (don't bother with flash tests).
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Orb support would be outstanding!
    Orb support would be amazing for a couple of reasons. I think one of them is the fact that the Pre multitaks like no other, and so you're able to kind of keep it in the background as you do different things. Also, the OP's idea is a good one, and one I really, really think we should start a sticky for. We should have a nationwide speed test chart/graph/list to see what the real-world speeds or Pre will be, so non-early adopters will have an idea as to what speeds they'll be getting.
    streaming just crushes the battery life though. hard.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    streaming just crushes the battery life though. hard.
    I stream at work on my Treo phone while USB charging. Streaming from over 100GB of cloud music is awesome (and radioio.com).

I also stream Orb/radio while driving in me car, USB charging from car adapter and plugged into car stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I stream at work on my Treo phone while USB charging. Streaming from over 100GB of cloud music is awesome (and radioio.com).

I also stream Orb/radio while driving in me car, USB charging from car adapter and plugged into car stereo.
    this is silly to me because if im at work or home or in car i have access to a PC or radio/stereo or TV - i don't want/need to use my Pre for streaming. Pre streaming is nice for when you are not near an audio source - ie working out or at the pool/beach/mall/airport or on the go.
    If anyone gets a chance to test at a store this week, please test Orb streaming at http://test.orb.com. You may have to try both wmv and 3gp streamnig.

Also test internet radio on www.radioio.com/io2go - you may have to try both streaming mp3 and wma.

Also test performance at http://dslreports.com/mspeed

Thanks in advance.

Post other sites here or other things that you'd like to see tested (don't bother with flash tests).
    i freaking love this station!

http://winmedia.voxcdn.net/2917-WMV-...p-20-Hiphop-64
    Tuned.mobi would be really cool if it was compatible with the pre!!! Please check this.
  11.    #11  
    this is silly to me because if im at work or home or in car i have access to a PC or radio/stereo or TV - i don't want/need to use my Pre for streaming. Pre streaming is nice for when you are not near an audio source - ie working out or at the pool/beach/mall/airport or on the go.
    At work, streaming is not allowed on work network so I stream on my phone.

In car, I get bored with a fixed set of music and radio sucks, especially when traveling. I much prefer internet radio or Orb streaming. All of my media is available via Orb from any device. Live in the now! Live in the cloud!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I use my phone to stream a sports-talk radio station located in another city through my car's audio. This is a must for me with any new phone now. I just stream an mp3 and I'm sure the Pre will do it, but I hope it streams even better than my Blackberry does.
  13.    #13  
    Seems to be a poweruser thing. With webos promoting the cloud, this might become more common.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    I use my phone to stream a sports-talk radio station located in another city through my car's audio. This is a must for me with any new phone now. I just stream an mp3 and I'm sure the Pre will do it, but I hope it streams even better than my Blackberry does.
    I have a BB Curve, and I haven't had much success with streaming much of anything. What formats do you stream, and do you use the BB's built-in media player, or a third-party program?
    When I'm on the bus or out and about walking, it's nice to have streaming radio. I've been doing it since my Treo 650. Car kit lets you charge and output to your car stereo. It's better quality than sat radio and you have thousands of stations. I never like any of the music on the radio except for some college stations and NPR so I like having more choices.
  16.    #16  
    Will be interesting to test PocketTunes in Classic if these don't work natively in WebOS yet.

I'm hoping someone will port VLC Player into WebOS but it's looks like the SDK will be too restrictive for that.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    I have a BB Curve, and I haven't had much success with streaming much of anything. What formats do you stream, and do you use the BB's built-in media player, or a third-party program?
    I've streamed mp3 (through a CBS radio station URL) and 3gp (through Orb) on my Blackberry Storm. The orb 3gp stream works almost flawlessly in the BB Browser. However, there is an intermittent stoppage in mp3 streams which I believe is a caching issue in the BB Browser. My Storm is running OS 4.7.0.148.

I'm hoping the Pre streams the same mp3 stream I listen to flawlessly without the random stoppages. It's only a 64kb stream so I know it's never speed related, it's a bug in the BB Browser not buffering correctly.
    Will be interesting to test PocketTunes in Classic if these don't work natively in WebOS yet.

I'm hoping someone will port VLC Player into WebOS but it's looks like the SDK will be too restrictive for that.

Great idea! That would make the PRE unstoppable. Is this a possibility? The VLC player allows one to watch majority of the video codec variants out there. Any one on the development front know if this is feasible?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    There is also moodio.fm. It doesn't stream but plays through the browser. Not sure if it will work with the Pre or not.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahhaj View Post
    Great idea! That would make the PRE unstoppable. Is this a possibility? The VLC player allows one to watch majority of the video codec variants out there. Any one on the development front know if this is feasible?
    With the limitations of the SDK, I'd be surprised if it could be done. Might be a while before Palm opens it up, if ever. Would be a great app though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast