Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    When I'm on the bus or out and about walking, it's nice to have streaming radio. I've been doing it since my Treo 650. Car kit lets you charge and output to your car stereo. It's better quality than sat radio and you have thousands of stations. I never like any of the music on the radio except for some college stations and NPR so I like having more choices.
    how are you outputting it to your car stereo? i don't like contraptions in my nice Lexus.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I would really like to know if this works. Whenever I attempt to stream video or audio through orb on my blackberry it's terrible, it would seem at random it just doesn't want. If I hit play a 2nd or 3rd time, then it seems to work....Kinda..
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What about archive.org?

I'm a new member so I can't post the link.

archive.org/details/um2009-05-29.km184.v2.flac16
    How about that nice little "download" link on orb's mobile site? Although it sounds like we're out of luck for now :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    how are you outputting it to your car stereo? i don't like contraptions in my nice Lexus.
    3.5mm plug into head unit.
  6.    #26  
    So precentral, now that the NDA is over, can you test orb at test.orb.com?

Thanks.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I played with a Pre this afternoon, and tried test.orb.com. I tried both the 3gp and the Windows Media video streams, but neither would play.
  8.    #28  
    Major bummer. Thanks much for testing.

I'm hoping VLC Player will be ported to WebOS.
    ORB Video Streaming WORKS on Pre 1.0.2!

You MUST go into settings while connected to mycast.orb.com and select the 3GP-AAC/RSTP format (.3gp). ASX, SDP, and Flash do not appear to be working.

I am in the process of testing various speeds for playback quality now.

More to come...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Yeah! Thanks for reporting.
    I tried the US Radio Stations - The Stream Center USA - Searchable directory of America's streaming local radio stations. and when I clicked on a link (which would open Kinoma and start playing on Palm OS), it went to the web site and showed a Flash player that wouldn't open the player.
    Drat.
    So, there's no way of streaming radio on the web?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I can get orb to play but as soon as I press the button to see the cards to switch to another card the stream stops. It should keep streaming in the background. Hopefully they will release a dedicated Orb app sometime soon. I'm really going to miss it until they do.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    ORB Video Streaming WORKS on Pre 1.0.2!

You MUST go into settings while connected to mycast.orb.com and select the 3GP-AAC/RSTP format (.3gp). ASX, SDP, and Flash do not appear to be working.

I am in the process of testing various speeds for playback quality now.

More to come...
    Yes! Thank you. I can now stream from my TV tuner like in did in WinMo...definitely beats SprintTV. I was just streaming at 600KBps without a hitch. AV sync was on point as well.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Right now I am streaming iParty Radio (Dance/Pop)

LOVE IT!

Too bad the battery is draining so quickly though.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/08/2009 at 03:41 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    I can get orb to play but as soon as I press the button to see the cards to switch to another card the stream stops. It should keep streaming in the background. Hopefully they will release a dedicated Orb app sometime soon. I'm really going to miss it until they do.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Orb works for me peeps. I stream an mp3 of a CBS radio station from my Orb server. My stream settings on myorb on the Pre is 3gp-AAC.

Works flawlessly. Yes, it stops if you try to switch cards, but I don't care about that so much.
  17.    #37  
    When you go to mycast, does it use the mobile version of the Orb client or the desktop version? I get it to launch the song but then it cancels out. If I use the desktop client on Windows, it works. Is there a way to force using the desktop web client on Pre?

Also, what version of Orb server are you using?
  18.    #38  
    OK, I got one song to work but have not been able to send a playlist of multiple songs. Anyone get that to work?
    So.. you can listen to the regular mp3 player in the background, but mp3s can't be downloaded through the browser. Streaming works, but not in the background?

I wouldn't care about background streaming if I could download mp3s to that 8gb of memory to play in the background through the mp3 player.
  20.    #40  
    I tried to download an MP3 as a 'file' through the file browser but it wouldn't let me. It looks like the browser in general doesn't allow download files (yet).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast