Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, so we needed one too. I know there are a bunch of Palm fans here as we all trekked to the Chicago roadshow for the 650 presentation and discount! In any case, I will be stuck on a beach drinking drinks with umbrellas in them while you guys are having all the real fun so I want to live vicariously through the laptop and wifi.

So go to it Missouri Pretards, post here the what where and when of your Pre acquisition. Most importantly, if my Sprint store promise to hold me one falls through, I will need to know where there are still Pre's in stock on the 11th!!!!!
    KC or STL? Probably should have one for both?

The big fat Sprint Studio store downtown KC is opening early and supposed to have one of the parties on the 5th.

I went in last week and they put me on a 'list' that I have no faith in, expect to get a call on Friday telling me to come stand in line.

I assume that store will have quite a few....if there is a huge line or I don't get one, I figure I'll head up north where there are 3 best buys, with 30 Pres total...if that doesn't work, head to the numerous radio shacks.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    KC or STL? Probably should have one for both?

The big fat Sprint Studio store downtown KC is opening early and supposed to have one of the parties on the 5th.

I went in last week and they put me on a 'list' that I have no faith in, expect to get a call on Friday telling me to come stand in line.

I assume that store will have quite a few....if there is a huge line or I don't get one, I figure I'll head up north where there are 3 best buys, with 30 Pres total...if that doesn't work, head to the numerous radio shacks.
    The Studio manager told me today that they have at least 100 people invited to the party friday night and they will have enough to cover that plus many more for the next morning for people who didn't get the invite. He did say that it was first come first served though so any list is just to get a reminder call. He also told me that most of the stores around town are going to be getting alot of the Pre's so it shouldn't be as hard as it sounds to find one.
    I will be up North (in KC) at the Best Buy - Metro North to try and nab one. If not there, I will try Liberty, Tiffany Springs, then Independence if all else fails. I am sure you all have seen the Best Buy stock list for KC metro.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    The Studio manager told me today that they have at least 100 people invited to the party friday night and they will have enough to cover that plus many more for the next morning for people who didn't get the invite. He did say that it was first come first served though so any list is just to get a reminder call. He also told me that most of the stores around town are going to be getting alot of the Pre's so it shouldn't be as hard as it sounds to find one.
    awesome. thanks for the info. trying to decide if the downtown store or westport store would be a better option....I can walk down to the Studio store so I'll probably go there.

Kinda glad I didn't get the Friday night invite, I already have Jazzoo to go to so I would have not been able to make it.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    awesome. thanks for the info. trying to decide if the downtown store or westport store would be a better option....I can walk down to the Studio store so I'll probably go there.

Kinda glad I didn't get the Friday night invite, I already have Jazzoo to go to so I would have not been able to make it.
    I also confirmed that the celebs at the party will be Matt Cassel and Slugger lol (the store manager said Slugger was a celeb not me)
    Anyone heading out in STL for one on Saturday?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I will be at Sprint store on Manchester in St Louis on Saturday morning!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm heading to the Sprint store in Arnold on Saturday.
    I'll be on a float trip out on the Gasconade River that day. Hopefully I'll paddle fast enough to the end, hop in my car, zoom up to the Sprint store by Lake of the Ozarks, and grab my Pre (they say I am on their list). That reminds me... I need to find out when they close; it's a 90 minute drive!
    im gonna be at the mid rivers mall to get mines. they got 27 in and im 3rd on the list but if i dont know if there doing the list there. Its a non corp store. but im gonna call thurs or friday and if something changes. Im making my wife wait in line at midnight at a store while im at work. I Love her. Cause were going out of town sunday for a week so its all or nothing
    I am going to go either to the BB in Fair View, or the Sprint Store in Fair View. I still trying to get the quantity of my local non corporate store in Glen Carbon. I am going to check tonight to see if they will tell me. If they have around 20 and open by 8 I will be that one instead.
    Does anyone know how many phones the Sprint stores in KC will have? I'm hoping that they will have a lot more then the 2 to 10 phones that the Best Buys will have.

With only a couple of phones and non-Sprint employees, some of the Best Buys will open with all of their pres sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I am going to go either to the BB in Fair View, or the Sprint Store in Fair View.
    I'll be at the Sprint Store bright and early. Hopefully they'll have some units in stock.
    I am still going to find out about the sprint store in Edwardsville first so I do not have to drive as far. Still have some time to get better intel on these stores.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'll be hitting the two Olive Sprint stores between Lind. Blvd and 141. If I can't find it there then on to the St. Charles Rock Rd. and Chesterfield Valley BB stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manutd7 View Post
    I'll be hitting the two Olive Sprint stores between Lind. Blvd and 141. If I can't find it there then on to the St. Charles Rock Rd. and Chesterfield Valley BB stores.
    That will be a busy day.. Lot's of Driving. I hope you can get it on the first try.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I am still going to find out about the sprint store in Edwardsville first so I do not have to drive as far. Still have some time to get better intel on these stores.
    So what did you find out? I'm also in Eville...
    Nothing.... No one is telling me anything. I went to best buy they are opening at 10 am. She said she has not even gotten there display stuff. I called The Marshall Wireless one today and they are opening at 8 am, so that is a good thing. I know they are playing dumb as they still do not know how many they will have. It seems like they will not get there stock until Friday night or Saturday Morning early which I think is odd as well. I am going to go there tomorrow on my way home. I am just going to keep asking for any info.
    I'm planning on heading to the Arnold store too. I'm just not sure how early I should get there since they don't seem to know how many they are getting. I don't believe them but they won't give up any info.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast