Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    For those interested, Amazon has extra Touchstones for $30. The Catch - 1-4 weeks before it ships.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just got 2 today at the sprint store in Oakridge mall (San Jose) - guy said they got rid of their waiting list and are now getting shipments every couple of days.
    Picked mine up at the downtown Oakland Sprint store today (Saturday). They had only 2 on the wait list on Fri morning and got a shipment of 5 today. Sold out by midday. Looks like their wait list is usually pretty short. So if you don't mind the drive to Oaktown and are okay with the mail in rebate, I'd call them up.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Does anybody know a sprint store/best buy in the north bay? I don't mind driving to east bay or south bay, but that's an hour each way without traffic
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmn View Post
    Does anybody know a sprint store/best buy in the north bay? I don't mind driving to east bay or south bay, but that's an hour each way without traffic
    sprint.com has a store locator - just call and ask

Seems shipments are starting to come in more often so chances are there are some available.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    For those interested, Amazon has extra Touchstones for $30. The Catch - 1-4 weeks before it ships.
    Looks like it does not come with the back cover, Touchstone only, for those interested.
    so after on friday they told me i'd have to wait to weeks, on saturday they called me from the emeryville sprint store saying they had mine in... so been using it for the past couple of days...

trying to calibrate the battery to see if that helps, but so far it's been working fine. still keeping my att for now, to make sure i can make everything work on my pre, including my work email.

after that, i'm thinking of maybe asking sprint to get me an airave for the home... i have better signal than att (as in, i can actually use my phone at home now) but it's still not super stable... is sprint easy to give away the airave for free?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    sprint.com has a store locator - just call and ask

Seems shipments are starting to come in more often so chances are there are some available.
    I completely forgot about that feature on the website. Thanks.
    I stopped in at the Sunnyvale Best Buy over the weekend. They said there are still about a hundred people on their waiting list. I hope most of those have already found a device elsewhere!

If you're on a long waiting list somewhere, I would definitely suggest calling around (like to several Sprint stores).
    Quote Originally Posted by lemketron View Post
    I stopped in at the Sunnyvale Best Buy over the weekend. They said there are still about a hundred people on their waiting list. I hope most of those have already found a device elsewhere!

If you're on a long waiting list somewhere, I would definitely suggest calling around (like to several Sprint stores).
    I was first on the post-launch list at the Pleasanton store. Took about a week and I also put my name in for a 2nd Pre for my wife when I picked-up my order. That was #80 and received it last Wednesday. The store rep told me that there's still another 70 waiting after my #80.
    Hey there folks!

If you or anyone you know is looking for a Pre, go to the Palo Alto location on University Ave. I went in today to get unit #2 (dead pixels and wiggle issues) and they have a truckload!

According to the guy who was helping me, their location is a "flagship" store...#1 in sales....had a big Pre party the night before...yada yada yada...and rec'd the most amount of Pres in Cali.

Check'em out!
    Redwood City has them in stock now as well. I went into today.. he finally has Pre's in stock.

Kevin has helped me out with my 2 returns (on my 3rd pre) also helped me track down touchstones early on (bought 2) from them. Last 3 were from amazon
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Hey there folks!

If you or anyone you know is looking for a Pre, go to the Palo Alto location on University Ave. I went in today to get unit #2 (dead pixels and wiggle issues) and they have a truckload!

According to the guy who was helping me, their location is a "flagship" store...#1 in sales....had a big Pre party the night before...yada yada yada...and rec'd the most amount of Pres in Cali.

Check'em out!
    What is the return policy? My first unit has a couple of dead pixels and a wiggle issue (more so that my gf' pre)?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Just picked one up the Oakland store on Broadway. So far it looks good, some white splotches near the bottom but I'll let it go and see if they fade.
    I was at the Sprint store in Westfield Valley Fair mall today and they said they had 5 in stock. You don't need to be on the waiting list to get one.
    The ads are out. I imagine supply won't be a problem for a week or so. Where's my extra Touchstone from Amazon?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    What is the return policy? My first unit has a couple of dead pixels and a wiggle issue (more so that my gf' pre)?
    slight delay with reply....30 days
    I work for a Sprint Dealer and we got a bunch of Pres. If you're around Walnut Creek/Concord, come by Wireless Wizards, ask for Jon and just let me know you're a PreCentral member and we can get you out the door, Pre in hand!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    slight delay with reply....30 days
    Actually I meant - what is their dead pixel policy?
    Wireless Wizards just hooked me up with a Pre today after noticing this thread. I ran into Beret9987 as well. Best buy, Radio shack, and the Sun Valley sprint store all were out of stock, or had waiting lists.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast