Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i've been on a waiting list for sprint's store in emeryville for almost a week. just called them today and they said they haven't received a single pre since i signed in.

weird.

anyone else has any clue where to get pres around the bay area? hehe i wish you could just do this online, would be way easier to manage.
    Hopefully Sprint tries to restock the market to match the 3GS launch as an alternative.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'm on multiple waiting lists at various Sprint stores across the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, San Jose, Union City, Emeryville). No update yet. Every waiting list is at least 200 people long. I'm also 30th on a waiting list at a Best Buy, but they have gotten only one Pre since launch.
    Got on Best Buy waiting lists this last weekend. Geary waiting list was 15 long, Harrison Street was 100 long, Emeryville was 4 pages long. Was told at Emeryville that they call everyone on their list and it's first come, first served, not sold in order of the wait list. Hard to believe that's true as that's a lot of people to call and a lot of disappointed people at the store.

Geary and Marin City Best Buys both showed in stock pres this Monday AM, so I called. Both were sold out to waiting list customers early. Marin City said they were told to expect 1 to 2 pres per week. Their waiting list was 15 long as of this AM, so you can do the math on wait times there.

Also called SF city Sprint stores over the weekend. Two different stores near downtown told me the wait time was about 1 - 2 weeks. One had a wait list of 100+. Looks like Sprint stores are getting heavy priority on new devices. (kinda obvious)

Walmart.com used to post inventory availability for pres online. But that changed sometime over the weekend. You now have to call the store.

Read somewhere that the Radio Shack stores in NorCal won't get pres till August. Was told similar when I called one of the stores in downtown SF. They had none on launch day.
    Okay, I was visiting SF on release date. I stopped looking near SF and picked up my phone in Stockton. You might want to try a litter further afield so that you can get your phone now.
    Hmm I'd like to potentially acquire a Pre around the end of my billing cycle (23rd), but it looks like I might have to wait another month
    yeah, i'm only on the emeryville sprint store waiting list, as they're pretty nice there and it's close to where i work so i'll just stick to it.

seems like i'll have to wait two more weeks or something.

i'm switching from an iphone btw, fed up of paying tons of bucks for att and never getting a signal in san francisco (i live in the mission).
    Wow, I haven't checked this forum in awhile. The Pre is worth the wait. Hopefully, Sprint/Palm are putting in some QA time with the coming batches of phones.

I'm trying to get another touchstone for mine. Sprint/Radio Shack don't even have them without the back cover.

Good luck to all.

"Don't call it a comeback. I been here for years!"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Wow, I haven't checked this forum in awhile. The Pre is worth the wait. Hopefully, Sprint/Palm are putting in some QA time with the coming batches of phones.

I'm trying to get another touchstone for mine. Sprint/Radio Shack don't even have them without the back cover.

Good luck to all.

"Don't call it a comeback. I been here for years!"
    palm.com has them without the cover if you want.

I'm actually content waiting now, seeing how the new batch comes out (seems to be better according to reports) and also checking out how good palm will be with updates.
    I'm kinda in the same boat as mosdl, just casually looking, but not really willing to hunt aggressively for it. I've encountered too many issued with first run devices to be so eager... but it sounds like the Pres have gone through some changes since launch already (at least the box and firmware)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i know a few stores in concord area, but they are for new activations only.
    Visited the Mission St Downtown SF Sprint store today, and the wait list is roughly 1 week.
    i just called the emeryville store again, yesterday, as i'm on the waiting list there (it's been a week) and she told me the deliveries have been sporadic at best and she has no idea how long the waiting list is...

so i'm guessing i'll still be waiting a while longer...
    Picked up my Pre from the Mission St store, they got a huge shipment in today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fonziewonzie View Post
    i just called the emeryville store again, yesterday, as i'm on the waiting list there (it's been a week) and she told me the deliveries have been sporadic at best and she has no idea how long the waiting list is...

so i'm guessing i'll still be waiting a while longer...
    Wireless Wizards in Walnut Creek has a bunch of them. I just had to get mine exchanged and it was no huge deal. Sadly I have 3 stuck pixels which don't bother me so much since the slider is much better than my launch one.
    Quote Originally Posted by richejc View Post
    Picked up my Pre from the Mission St store, they got a huge shipment in today.
    ha nice!! i live right next to that store, but because i work in emeryville i decided to be on the waiting list here so that at least i could actually pick up the phone from the store... now it's been more than a week and still waiting

maybe this saturday i'll go to the mission sprint store and see if they still have them in stock... hope you're enjoying your phone!
    It's only been about 2 wks since they released it, but I got fed up with having to wait for people to call me (on "the list" at the local Sprint store). Called a few locations yesterday and BAM! found one at the Sprint store in Palo Alto (University Ave.).

Somebody reserved a phone, but when he got there to pick it up they found out he didn't qualify for an upgrade, and I guess he didn't want to drop the wad on the full amount (I wouldn't either).

For those looking and can't wait, call around everyday.

Best Buy seems to have the best deal going on - instant rebate!! But whatever, I can wait for my $100.
    just called my waiting list emeryville store and after more than a week i'm still #28... they say some days they get a big shipment and then don't receive anything for a while.

i called the mission st store and they told me they've been getting pretty regular number of pres, but they still estimate a week or two wait from today.

they also said if i add myself to waiting list at a store, if i have my name on other stores they will immediately get kicked out of the system... so you can only be on one waiting list at a time at sprint stores.

i decided to stick with emeryville for now. damn it. i'm never gonna see this phone hahah
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    It's only been about 2 wks since they released it, but I got fed up with having to wait for people to call me (on "the list" at the local Sprint store). Called a few locations yesterday and BAM! found one at the Sprint store in Palo Alto (University Ave.).
    The only sprint store I could find in Palo Alto was on El Camino. I called them today and they had stock in Mountain View. Just got home with a new pre. FWIW, I didn't bother with the various waiting lists. I just happened to hit them at the right time, I guess.

BTW, they also mentioned being able to drop-ship pre's to people. Apparently they arrive in a day or two. Might be an option for those still waiting on these bigass lists.

The store I went to was at:
    1968 W El Camino Real
    Mountain View, CA 94040
    (650) 331-7244
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Just checked in a few stores around the East Bay and still waiting lists. I have 3 Sero lines I'm converting to Everything Data 1500 plan then using my Alliant dicount, but can't find the phone instock and don't want to switch till I have to.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast