Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I'm sure he means when opening apps, this can be seen in any video, it takes 2 or 3 seconds to open. Switching is fast.
    that's correct even the so call might gorilla iphone takes a while to launch apps no matter how many firmware update it gets so i see nothing wrong with pre taking a 2 second .
    Last edited by cookgoose34; 06/02/2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spell check.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    You think Sprint could do any worse than if anyone has 6 months or less until their 2 year contract expires for them to expedite that and offer the Pre for $199 if you sign up to another 2 year contract?

    In the UK usually we have 12 or 18 month contracts and if you sign up with a month or 2 to go they will offer you the full discount.
    Because of the relatively short supply of the Pre at launch Sprint is not in a position to accommodate customers with early renewal pricing. I bet they'd do this on other devices, but the Pre is looking too hot right now.
  3. #23  
    So then I should be able to pay the 299.99 with the 100.00 rebate? I will be able to renew my contract even though it shows feb 2010? I verified with sprint chat that I could, but I guess I am still about confused about how it works. My wife is eligible for 75.00 off, so she will not be able to renew I guess? She will pay 549.00 - 75.00... Correct?
    Last edited by Loonytunes; 06/02/2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling
  4. frediev's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #24  
    I am a Premier client as well and my one year anniversary is 8.1.09 I guess I'll have to wait until then then to pick up a Pre for 199.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    So then I should be able to pay the 299.99 with the 100.00 rebate? I will be able to renew my contract even though it shows feb 2010? I verified with sprint chat that I could, but I guess I am still about confused about how it works. My wife is eligible for 75.00 off, so she will not be able to renew I guess? She will pay 549.00 - 75.00... Correct?
    Correct. You can renew your contract, but if you are not eligable for the $150 rebate, you still can't get the phone for 199...
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    So then I should be able to pay the 299.99 with the 100.00 rebate? I will be able to renew my contract even though it shows feb 2010? I verified with sprint chat that I could, but I guess I am still about confused about how it works. My wife is eligible for 75.00 off, so she will not be able to renew I guess? She will pay 549.00 - 75.00... Correct?
    As far as I can tell, you're right on. You have just demonstrated a better understanding of Sprint's maze of discounts and rebates than most of their CSR's!
  7. #27  
    LOL Cannon Fodder! Thanks all for your help.. I guess my wife will have to wait for hers! I will see how much moolah I will have left!
  8. #28  
    Well I guess I will be waiting until Aug 7 09 That's when my contract ends. I'll be damed if I pay 475 for a new phone.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    To some people, it isn't worth the loss of the phone number... but it's quite odd none the less.
    It isn't worth the sheer hassle for me-- I plan to buy it at whatever price they'll sell it to me.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    But before I get into the review, the bad news: If you are not eligible for the $150 / 2-year phone upgrade, you are going to shell out a lot of cash for this phone. I got my 755p in 2007 when my 600 finally died and got an sprint warranty replacement. Even though it was a warranty replacement, this reset my clock.
    You need to contact CS I've had two warranty replacements (TEP) of Treos and neither reset the clock. Well, actually, they did reset it one of those times, but when I called CS they apologized and set it back.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You need to contact CS I've had two warranty replacements (TEP) of Treos and neither reset the clock. Well, actually, they did reset it one of those times, but when I called CS they apologized and set it back.
    I have tried...multiple times, even getting to the retentions department. They are quoting the T&Cs of the upgrade program that says " Here's how it works:You can save up to $150 on a hot new device, depending on the contract you choose and how long you’ve had service with the same device.

    So, even though it was an warrenty, they are claiming that i have not had THIS device long enough. :-(
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    oh and becareful of reps saying they will give you the 100mir because if your not elegible for that when you send it the paperwork it will do nothing for you and sprint wont acknoledge it ...
    If you talk with Retentions, they can change this for you with enough haggling.

    As long as they offer it to you, and you confirm it's been noted on your account, I'm certain they will honor it. Even if they have to end up giving you a $100 credit if the paperwork is screwed up.
  13. suruat's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #33  
    If you can afford it, you should buy the pre at full price, on the 6. than keep that until the 7/1 and return it and get the pre with your upgrade, they will be able to refund you because you will be within 1 month of purchased. that was you can use ur refund to buy the pre and still have money left over. I am almost certain you can do this, but just ask a sprint store rep, to clarify. But as long as u return it with in a month and its not beat up they allow you 1 exchange.
  14. #34  
    im gonna try and see if i can get the sprint rep to remove the mail in rebate... if i get accessories...im sure they have a goal per kit.
  15. #35  
    I plan on buying a new Pre on Saturday at the Sprint store and I'd like the $199 deal. I have two questions that are quite important to my acquiring a new Pre:

    1st Question: If I have a Sprint Family Everything Messaging plan w/ two lines, can I upgrade my account to Family Everything Data and add the Pre as a new 3rd line with the $199 deal?

    2nd Question: My current plan has two phones; one is out of contract and the other still has a year left. Once I acquire this new Pre, will Sprint allow me to swap phone numbers on my family account with each other so I can keep my old number on my new Pre? If yes, then I will cancel one of my two current lines that is out of contract after the swap. I need to keep my phone number.

    My current setup is as follows:
    Line #1 - one year left on contract (ic902) - my phone number
    Line #2 - out of contract (ic902)

    I want this setup:
    Line #1 - new two year contract (Pre) - my phone number
    Line #2 - one year left on contract (ic902)

    3rd Question: If Sprint will swap lines on a Family account, is there a limit to the number of swaps? I'd also like to keep the second phone number (Line #2) if possible.

    I just don't want to get to the Sprint store on Saturday and find out that I'm going to have a lot of problems, or end up having to pay $475 for that phone. I want to keep it as simple as possible, even w/ my situation.
  16. #36  
    This thread turned from a "thanks for the review"..to..."what about my account".........it's a sign of the times!!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    If you can afford it, you should buy the pre at full price, on the 6. than keep that until the 7/1 and return it and get the pre with your upgrade, they will be able to refund you because you will be within 1 month of purchased. that was you can use ur refund to buy the pre and still have money left over. I am almost certain you can do this, but just ask a sprint store rep, to clarify. But as long as u return it with in a month and its not beat up they allow you 1 exchange.
    I don't think that will work because once you buy the pre on 6/6, then you will have a new device on your account and your clock will reset for the upgrade. you will have to wait 2 more years before you are eligable for the full upgrade price. Sorry
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I don't think that will work because once you buy the pre on 6/6, then you will have a new device on your account and your clock will reset for the upgrade. you will have to wait 2 more years before you are eligable for the full upgrade price. Sorry
    I think you might be wrong. If you are buying the Pre at full price you are not signing a 2 year agreement. Part of the discount is the 2 yr contract you sign. Plus you are able to make one return within a 30 day period, so you simply buy the Pre on June 6th and then when July 1st comes around you take it back to the store to return and and simply "buy" a new one and get all the discounts.
  19. #39  
    I've heard that it's possible with a manager's approval to push back the upgrade date, I'm not eligible till 7/1 as well. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have them push back the upgrade date, I'm a SP customer so hopefully they'll take that in consideration.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    I think you might be wrong. If you are buying the Pre at full price you are not signing a 2 year agreement. Part of the discount is the 2 yr contract you sign. Plus you are able to make one return within a 30 day period, so you simply buy the Pre on June 6th and then when July 1st comes around you take it back to the store to return and and simply "buy" a new one and get all the discounts.
    Nope...in order to get the Pre at the 199 price, you need to (1) Agree to a new 2 year contract, and (2) have full 22-month upgrade eligibility. Anyone can sign a new 2 year contract, even if you signed a contract 1 week earlier. I went over this (at length) with the owner of the local Sprint store near me yesterday and she showed me how it works by logging in to my account (which is 1 month away from the full upgrade) and logging into an account that is eligible. Sorry, but that is the case.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions