Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I just went to my local Best Buy (I am in the Boston area) and asked if they are taking pre-orders for the Pre. They said they will begin taking pre-orders tomorrow and will be selling the Pre's on June 6th based on the list.

    I plan on going back tomorrow and seeing if this is true. Just thought I would share and didn't know if anyone else has experienced something different or the same.
  2. #2  
    I went to two different Best Buy's yesterday night and asked if they were accepting Pre Pre orders and they both said that they had no list and it was first come first serve. Did they lie to me or is it different for every store?
  3. NBENZ's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #3  
    It seems like each store is doing things differently, BB and Sprint stores that i've been to werent doing anything like pre orders or waiting lists , they actually seemed pretty clueless about the pre all together.
  4. #4  
    does best buy charge tax on the full $800whatever price?

    edit: nvm i guess its up to the state
    Last edited by LurkMoar; 06/02/2009 at 07:07 PM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    does best buy charge tax on the full $800whatever price?
    NO... at least they didn't charge tax on the 549 when i bought the wife's PRO
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    NO... at least they didn't charge tax on the 549 when i bought the wife's PRO
    How much did they charge you for the phone? If you paid upgrade pricing (minus mail in rebates), then of course you would be charged tax only on the price paid for the phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    does best buy charge tax on the full $800whatever price?
    Deoends in your state. California recently passed legislation to have sales tax applied to tge full retail value of the product. So, it would be an expensive purchase at BB in CA. Not sure about WA. You can call your local store and ask though.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    How much did they charge you for the phone? If you paid upgrade pricing (minus mail in rebates), then of course you would be charged tax only on the price paid for the phone.
    Best Buy doesn't have MIR... so i only paid tax on the 229.99 which was the upgrade price

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Deoends in your state. California recently passed legislation to have sales tax applied to tge full retail value of the product. So, it would be an expensive purchase at BB in CA. Not sure about WA. You can call your local store and ask though.
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    does best buy charge tax on the full $800whatever price?
    Not sure whether the difference between the BB $849 price and the Sprint $549 price would be considered a discount or a rebate. Or whether the lovely State of CA would care. I know in CA, they charge sales tax on the pre-rebate price of the cell phone. We had a thread going for a while on this topic. Maybe I should repost or bump so people don't get sticker shock when they buy their phone. Also, realize that most states don't do this. I know for sure that CA does. Guess we all need to help them with the budget deficit. I might have to go to Las Vegas soon, and was planning to pick up my Pre there to avoid the problem, but I don't know if I can hold out that long!

    CA BOE Publication - http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub120.pdf

    Previous thread - http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...chases-ca.html

    edit: Reading the BOE publication again, CA Sales Tax is charged on the "unbundled" price which is, "The sales price the retailer typically charges for the cell phone without requiring the purchase of a service contract." In the case of Best Buy, that would be $849.99.
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 06/02/2009 at 07:25 PM.
  10. Drifter's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyeboy1 View Post
    I just went to my local Best Buy (I am in the Boston area) and asked if they are taking pre-orders for the Pre. They said they will begin taking pre-orders tomorrow and will be selling the Pre's on June 6th based on the list.

    I plan on going back tomorrow and seeing if this is true. Just thought I would share and didn't know if anyone else has experienced something different or the same.
    Mind if I ask what city?

Posting Permissions