Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey...what's up all you fun and fine folks in the Cleveland area?! Let's keep in touch about what's going on with Pre launch. I've heard no waiting lists, and no sales until Saturday. Any others?
    Went to Best buy in Parma today and went to the sprint phones.. There was an empty slot there with the rest of the phones with a sign that said, "Waiting is the hardest part. Coming soon." The employee said that they "probably" had them stashed somewhere.. After pulling up my account, he said my billing cycle starts on the 4th so he recommended I changed my plan now so it would be in effect on the 4th and ready to go.. I changed to the everything family share plan and all I have to do now basically is an esn swap..
    I am still torn whether to go to the sprint store at crocker park, or bb.. What are you going to do?
    Clevelandrocker, do you mind maybe just making this an all OHIO thread (change thread title)? I was going to make one for Central Ohio, but I didn't want to clutter the board. Plus, the 3-C corridor is all pretty driveable for the crazies that might want to drive to the next city to get a pre.
  4.    #4  
    looneytoons, I heard BB in Parma will get 10 phones, which is more than other BB stores in the area.
    That is why I went there.. There are 2 other bb's closer but I have not gotten a response as to what they are getting.. I would love to get it at BB but what are the chances that they I won't be the 11th person. My wife will be out of town and I will have 2 kids with me so I can not camp out.. I could easily be there at 10am though.. Sprint, it may be a challenge to be there before 8am, but they should have more stock.. If I wait till ten and then bb is sold out, will the sprint store still have any left?? Ugh.. What to do!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    That is why I went there.. There are 2 other bb's closer but I have not gotten a response as to what they are getting.. I would love to get it at BB but what are the chances that they I won't be the 11th person. My wife will be out of town and I will have 2 kids with me so I can not camp out.. I could easily be there at 10am though.. Sprint, it may be a challenge to be there before 8am, but they should have more stock.. If I wait till ten and then bb is sold out, will the sprint store still have any left?? Ugh.. What to do!!
    Best buy in Boardman (youngstown), oh will have a confirmed 4 phones and Niles oh will have 8 (not confirmed, called and asked, but didnt see the order sheet).

The Sprint store in Boardman, Oh looks to be getting a lot in. not too sure about the Niles store.

I heard that a corp store in Cleveland is selling the pre's early to Premier customers? Any confirmation on what store that may be?
  7.    #7  
    As you know, the word lately is that Sprint corporate stores will have plenty of 'em. I'm gonna try 2 on the eastside in the Heights. Good luck...we'll get one!
  8.    #8  
    For real...early Pre in Cleve. for Premiers? I wonder which store?
    Ugh, I am not premiere. I had a 108.00 bill but that was because of the pro pack, insurance for 2 phones, and text for my wife. My plan itself was only 59.99. I will have to wait till the 6th.. I would rather get the instant rebate, but it is not a deal breaker. I just wan't one for sure that morning. I was going to surprise my wife with one, but from what I hear, she needs to be there and she can not be.. If they did let me buy one for her, they say I need to activate it right then and there and it will deactivate the phone she will have on her trip.. Can not do that as it will leave her without a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    For real...early Pre in Cleve. for Premiers? I wonder which store?
    Ya I'd love to find out... I called my local store and they said that a clevenland flagship store will have a SP early sell on Friday. I live about 45min away and I'd drive there w/ out a doubt. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar w/ the area. I'll prob just end up staying around this area and getting one.
  11.    #11  
    I used to drive back and forth from Cleveland to Youngstown everyday for work...not too long of a drive...especially if you find the store selling on Friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    I used to drive back and forth from Cleveland to Youngstown everyday for work...not too long of a drive...especially if you find the store selling on Friday!
    ya w/ out a doubt.. it'll beat me getting up early sat morning to get a pre hah.
    I'm thinking of getting the Pre Saturday myself. I'm in Lyndhurst, OH and there is a Sprint store right at Legacy Village, not sure if they will be getting a lot or not though. I'm still with Verizon right now, but I only have like a month of contract left and since it's prorated it will only cost me like 60 bucks to terminate it early. So I'm thinking of doing one of two things.

Either cancelling Verizon Friday night and hoping I get a Pre Saturday morning so I can port over my number, and keeping Verizon and still trying to get a Pre Saturday morning, and if I'm successful, then cancelling my Verizon and porting the number over, so that I'm guaranteed no time without a cell phone. Anyone have any suggestions which route would be better?
  14.    #14  
    Legacy Village store is where I'm going first too! Also one at Chagrin and Green in Beachwood. Hope they have enough phones. You should have no trouble switching from Verizon. Let's keep posted!
    Last edited by clevelandrocker; 06/02/2009 at 07:19 PM.
    i called the legacy village store a while ago (630 ish) and the guy told me they were opening at 8am on saturday and that they had been getting several calls for info on the phone. I hope its just the three of us calling hourly for more info and stock numbers. makes the wait in line much easier if at all necessary. just had knee surgery so my tolerance for standing long will be low.....i may be handing out cash to move up in line :-)
    I am going to try to get one at a sprint store I guess. I will try crocker park first and then move on from there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Daremo_23 View Post
    i called the legacy village store a while ago (630 ish) and the guy told me they were opening at 8am on saturday and that they had been getting several calls for info on the phone. I hope its just the three of us calling hourly for more info and stock numbers. makes the wait in line much easier if at all necessary. just had knee surgery so my tolerance for standing long will be low.....i may be handing out cash to move up in line :-)
    Well, I haven't called them yet, so maybe there is more interest than I anticipated. I actually just drove by the store and there were some Coming Soon signs with a picture of the Pre, but the store looked pretty dead. Probably should have went in there, but was to lazy to stop. Did the guy happen to tell you about how many they were getting in? I'm torn between going there or the Best Buy in Mayfield, but I'm sure they will probably get some decent interest in the phone as well, with them giving the instant rebate and all.
  18.    #18  
    The guy at Legacy Village told me a couple days ago that they won't know HOW MANY phones until Saturday morning. I had to laugh at him!
  19.    #19  
    The Best Buy in Mayfield only has 6 phones ordered for Saturday. That's really low.
  20.    #20  
    Which Sprint store in the area has the best reputation and customer satisfaction?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast