Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How do you know the Best Buy in Mayfield only has 6 phones coming in?
  2.    #22  
    It was posted here by someone who works at BB who has access to their ordering information online.
    I have never been to a sprint store actually. I have done everything online, so this will be my first.. I am going to go to the one I am buying from on friday to check it out.
    no one is saying how many Pres are in stock or expected to be in stock at any store. CS rep told me that no one at store level has gotten the final sales briefings and they just don't know, everyone is guessing at this point. from the buzz around the net , other forums, and CS rep told me that ordering via telesales on the 6th should be no problem (other than the wait), and supplies in store should be adequate. y feeling on this one is that Sprint and palm have a LOT riding on this flagshp phone launch and are purposely withholding info till the last minute to generate the buying frenzy they need to compete with Apple and put both companies back on the map. I feel that supplies will be sufficient at launch in corp stores and they should have enough without having to camp out. if you plan on best buy purchases, while convenient you have to deal with low inventory and long lines at least initially. in a month or so it will be available in better quantities through BB and radio shacks etc to take advantage of the instant rebates if qualified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daremo_23 View Post
    no one is saying how many Pres are in stock or expected to be in stock at any store. CS rep told me that no one at store level has gotten the final sales briefings and they just don't know, everyone is guessing at this point. from the buzz around the net , other forums, and CS rep told me that ordering via telesales on the 6th should be no problem (other than the wait), and supplies in store should be adequate. y feeling on this one is that Sprint and palm have a LOT riding on this flagshp phone launch and are purposely withholding info till the last minute to generate the buying frenzy they need to compete with Apple and put both companies back on the map. I feel that supplies will be sufficient at launch in corp stores and they should have enough without having to camp out. if you plan on best buy purchases, while convenient you have to deal with low inventory and long lines at least initially. in a month or so it will be available in better quantities through BB and radio shacks etc to take advantage of the instant rebates if qualified.
    I'm pretty sure you can't order the Pre through telesales at first, you can only get it in the store.
  6.    #26  
    I got a reply email today from Sprint stating that they contacted the closet store to where I live, stating no info. about how many phones in stock, and no sales before Saturday.
  7.    #27  
    How are things looking in the Cleveland area for launch day?
    I will try to find out tomorrow.. I am going to go to the store that I will be hopefully buying from to look around and ask some questions..
  9.    #29  
    Good luck! Most stores will open at 8 on Sat. None selling on Fri. I called a few.
    I really hope sprint stores have enough stock. Here in columbus there saying to get to the stores early, so I feel like there not going to have many pres in
    I just got back from the sprint store that I will be buying at. It was bad.. I spoke with the manager that told me the old, "I don't know how many I will have" thing.. He said that once he is out, everyone else will go on a waiting list. He told me he would be open at 8, but that he was going to be in at 6am and may open then just so he can get a jump start on activations... He told me to be in line at 5am. Also, make sure you are the account holder. I am on a family plan with my wife who is the account holder and he said we would have to call her for the ok.. She will be out of town.
    The one thing that bothers me about talking to him was he said that I could wait in line starting right now and he could not guarantee me one. Huh?
    This is all a mess.. One of my best friends used to be a manager for a Corp Store in Cleveland, He was doing it this time last year... He has such a great personality and would have def been a lot more open with you.

Anyone going to be in the Youngstown/Niles/Canfield/Boardman area? The Mahoning Valley area?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Easton store in columbus has most pre's in OH. said 20 times local best buy store, which they have 4 units.
  14.    #34  
    Which stores in Cleveland still have Pre in stock?
    i'm afraid none that i know of. the mentor store i went to had 52 instock at 7am when i went in line and sold them all by 2pm. no accessories either left. i kinda want the touchstone now.
  16.    #36  
    The Legacy Village store sold 46 but I hate lines so I didn't get one yet. They don't know when more are coming and now have 18 on a waiting list.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Anyone have any problems with your Pre?
    I had a pretty good experience at the P. Heights store. I pulled up a little after 8, and 25 minutes later I walked out with my pre. Couldn't have been easier.

Did anyone go to the North Olmsted "Pre training" on Sunday?

Any thoughts so far on the device so far?

Unknown_2009-08-06_123007.png
  19.    #39  
    I've been calling some Sprint stores on the Cleveland eastside--still don't know when more are coming. Do any Best Buy or Radio Shack stores have any in stock yet?
  20.    #40  
    NO PRE IN CLEVELAND! Do they really call people on waiting lists?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast