Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    As a father of four, can I please ask that you and other people here that insist on texting when you drive please announce via twitter (or another service) when you will be on the road and where. I will be sure to keep my family away.
    Sure, just PM me your number- I'll text you from the road .

In all seriousness, I text while in the car (at a stop light, etc.). Technically, I'm driving, but I'm not moving. Big difference, that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm glad we can stop the alarm clock crybaby's once and for all. Good job!
    Stop em? I think we should out them for the true pussies they are. Someone with lots of time on their hands should got back and quote all the losers that parroted the lie that the Pre would not have an alarm clock. While you are at it you can quote me as saying back in January that I would be shocked if the Pre did not have an alarm clock.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Stop em? I think we should out them for the true pussies they are. Someone with lots of time on their hands should got back and quote all the losers that parroted the lie that the Pre would not have an alarm clock. While you are at it you can quote me as saying back in January that I would be shocked if the Pre did not have an alarm clock.
    LOL.
    If it has an alarm clock now then it's new.
    No, people repeated the truth, that Palm was not including an alarm clock. Most (reasonable) people thought that it would be a matter of days after the SDK release that one was released.
    great job ,thanks
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Great review!!! Nicely written too; I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Palm changed it to a downward swipe- not too sure how long ago though. At least that's what the leaked manual says.
    I pulled out my dog-eared copy of said manual and found on page 55, second to fifth line from the top:

To close the Launcher, do one of the following:
    - Press Center button
    - Tap [Launcher Icon]
    - Flick up from the screen to the gesture area (sic).
    Which more or less is the equivalent of "flick UP in a DOWNWARDS direction". So I see where the confusion is. I would still venture to say that it is indeed a flick up, as some videos show, since a flick down on a vertically scrolling page would seemingly double-up on the same gesture.

Har har. You must have your F5 key worn out like me; we're so into this that we're talking about "new" features on a phone that's not even released yet. Which brings me to the obligatory "Vs. iPhone" section of this post:

Time to delivery for basic functions:
    "Cut and Paste" on iPhone: +3 years
    "Alarm clock" on Palm Pre: -3 days
    (for more accurate stats, see Sprint countdown clock; but not the 46 day one.)
    Last edited by Goyena; 06/03/2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    How can it be something new if the Pre is not even out yet?

The point is that many around here were complaining like little girls that the Pre would not have an alarm clock at launch based on rumors and lies. It turns out it will have an alarm clock like many of us said it would.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    *sigh* So jealous. Looking forward to Saturday so I can stop obsessively reading every single review.

How do you guys find Sprint employees who are willing to talk? Do you bind them to a chair and shine bright lights in their faces? Is bribery involved?

Went to 2 corporate Sprint stores yesterday. One said the Pre advocate didn't even have the Pre yet. (I don't think so.) And the Pre advocate in the other store said she couldn't say anything about it because of the NDA and she could lose her job. She wouldn't even say if she liked the phone or not. Her pants were pretty tight, so I'm pretty sure she didn't have the phone on her.

She also didn't know if there was going to be a line come Saturday morning. Umm, middle of San Francisco Bay Area tech mecca. I'm pretty sure there will be a line.
    Last edited by amoeba; 06/03/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Folded up pieces of paper -> Palm Pilot 1000 -> Palm IIIx -> Handspring Visor -> Sony Clie -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Sprint Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    *sigh* So jealous. Looking forward to Saturday so I can stop obsessively reading every single review.

How do you guys find Sprint employees who are willing to talk? Do you bind them to a chair and shine bright lights in their faces? Is bribery involved?

Went to 2 corporate Sprint stores yesterday. One said the Pre advocate didn't even have the Pre yet. (I don't think so.) And the Pre advocate in the other store said she couldn't say anything about it because of the NDA and she could lose her job. She wouldn't even say if she liked the phone or not. Her pants were pretty tight, so I'm pretty sure she didn't have the phone on her.

She also didn't know if there was going to be a line come Saturday morning. Umm, middle of San Francisco Bay Area tech mecca. I'm pretty sure there will be a line.
    You are doing the same thing I was, and I was doing it wrong- Corporate stores are the wrong places to go. Use the Sprint locator to find "Sprint by ______", as that indicates they are NOT a corporate store, and non-corporate stores are the ones withe leeway.

On my 3rd phone call to a non-corporate store, I found a store with the Pre, which enabled me to write my Pre-view. And I paid for it already, so I'll have one guaranteed on Saturday at 8am.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    yay! I'm glad it for sure has an alarm clock. I was coding one in javascript anyway just to be safe :P... now I can stop that.

nice pre-view
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Good job!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234