Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thank you very much for this. Awesome. Can't way to get my hands on it.
    Even the clock looks nice. Has that HTC TouchFlo look to it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    great hands-on buy!! although i think the reason you had difficulty with the gesture for getting rid of the launcher screen (sheet of glass that slides up) is that palm said the gesture was "another swipe UP" and you said you were trying a downward swipe? Oh and they never said there would be a trackball, just a "center button" meant for pressing. either way, you rock and i can't wait to get my hands on it!! thanks again bud!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    nice review! excellent to see that there's an alarm clock app!

i assume from your memo that there is no spell check or auto correct? or that it was off if so. that sucks.
    It auto-corrected "Its" to "It's", but that's all I noticed.
    Some have mentioned the size of the Pre - being small. Well the way I see it is this - brilliant this means that Palm can in the future bring out a phone with a screen larger than the Iphone. Think about it - Apple will find it hard to bring out a new phone with a smaller screen as it will be instantly compared against the Pre.

If Palm brings out a new model or even Pre X with a larger screen but the same features then I would buy both!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    great hands-on buy!! although i think the reason you had difficulty with the gesture for getting rid of the launcher screen (sheet of glass that slides up) is that palm said the gesture was "another swipe UP" and you said you were trying a downward swipe? Oh and they never said there would be a trackball, just a "center button" meant for pressing. either way, you rock and i can't wait to get my hands on it!! thanks again bud!!
    Palm changed it to a downward swipe- not too sure how long ago though. At least that's what the leaked manual says.

In regards to the trackball, I never thought it would actually be a "trackball" that you could move a la the Pearl, but for some reason, I didn't think it would be able to be pressed in. Don't really know why.
    Is that lock screen background the same background on the phone?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is that lock screen background the same background on the phone?
    Sure is.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Did you happen to see any belt clip hosters avaliable for the phone?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post
    Did you happen to see any belt clip hosters avaliable for the phone?
    Sorry, didn't look- I was pretty intent on playing with the phone. Jessica Biel could've been making out with Jessica Simpson, while the girls from Gossip Girl were disrobing, and I wouldn't have noticed.

I kid, I kid- I would've noticed. Then participated.
    Good thing you're kidding, I was just about to revoke your Man Card.
    Awesome write up and pictures.

I'm so jealous that everyone is having hands on time and I haven't. But honestly playing with it and then having to go on would make it worse for me, I think. I wouldn't have the closure that's described in your experience.

A few more days...ahhH!!!
    Great review. I had all the same impressions from my hands on time. This phone will be a huge success for Palm.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    how do you think the keyboard will do in one handed usage...like texting while driving (I know I shouldnt, and i try not to, but I wind up doing it any way)

Not sure if you played around in email at all...but did you notice any spell check feature?

Thanks for all your help!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Good thing you're kidding, I was just about to revoke your Man Card.
    LOL. And you'd be well within your rights, in fact yours would've been revoked if you hadn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Great review. I had all the same impressions from my hands on time. This phone will be a huge success for Palm.
    I agree 1000%. If I still played the market, I would've dumped a boatload into Palm- I've never been wrong about the success/failure of a gadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Palm changed it to a downward swipe- not too sure how long ago though. At least that's what the leaked manual says.

In regards to the trackball, I never thought it would actually be a "trackball" that you could move a la the Pearl, but for some reason, I didn't think it would be able to be pressed in. Don't really know why.
    wow, that seems crazy that a downward swipe wouldn't be as clean as an upward swipe. anyway, thanks again for the hands-on!! oh and also thanks for the many follow-ups you've given so far!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post
    how do you think the keyboard will do in one handed usage...like texting while driving (I know I shouldnt, and i try not to, but I wind up doing it any way)

Not sure if you played around in email at all...but did you notice any spell check feature?

Thanks for all your help!
    I didn't play around in email- he used the phone as his personal phone, and I didn't want to be TOO invasive. For me, the keyboard would take a lot of getting used to, before I could fathom texting while doing anything else. There was a time I never thought I'd be able to text while driving on an iPhone, but I've since learned.

Not that it's a good thing, mind you.
    I'm going over there tomorrow and bringing my dad. Perhaps he will like it and BAM, easy Father's Day gift (that guy is so hard to shop for sometimes)! I just hope D. is still willing to show off his beauty! And thanks for the review! Very objective unlike that other crap we've been seeing in the blogosphere!
    Last edited by deadpanwalking; 06/02/2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Don't count on it. I am sure Apple has something like 40 patents just for that.

I'm glad we can stop the alarm clock crybaby's once and for all. Good job!
    lol My Blackberry Storm does this so no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I didn't play around in email- he used the phone as his personal phone, and I didn't want to be TOO invasive. For me, the keyboard would take a lot of getting used to, before I could fathom texting while doing anything else. There was a time I never thought I'd be able to text while driving on an iPhone, but I've since learned.

Not that it's a good thing, mind you.
    As a father of four, can I please ask that you and other people here that insist on texting when you drive please announce via twitter (or another service) when you will be on the road and where. I will be sure to keep my family away.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast