Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to create a clearing house for all information about the Pre in Sprint stores across the OC. I've spoken with people at 3 stores, Westminster, Buena Park, and Fullerton and all will only go so far as to tell me that they WILL be opening at 8am. None of the stores will divulge stock numbers, with the Westminster store saying they didn't know and even if they did they would not be able to tell me. The Westminster store also told me that they DID expect a big line since they had people camping out in front of their store prior to the release of the Instinct. Anyone else have some good information about stock numbers in the OC area?!?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    There's a Sprint store (not corporate) that is taking deposits for a guaranteed Pre on 8am on Saturday. You can check out my review for more details, or PM me.
    I'll be at the Orange store on Tustin and Meats. I'm thinking of getting over there around 6:30-ish, and seeing what the situation looks like. I haven't called over to see if they would tell me stock expectancies yet.

I read somewhere else on here (maybe the Official LA thread) that an Aliso Viejo store would have about 120 Pre's. Granted, that's South County, but I would think most stores would have a decent amount in stock.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    LA/OC retail workers are the reason I do as much of my purchasing through online or telesales. They all seem to have a gigantic chip on their shoulder against customers who "dare" to ask them questions. They act as if you're trying to scam them by collecting information or something.

I've been to the Best Buys and Sprint Stores around NE Orange County and the workers are giving me the same "we can't divulge that information" garbage and won't even tell me how high the demand might be based on customer inquiries. So I'm giving up and just trying for the Long Beach Sprint Store 2hrs before open.

Anyway, if anyone gets good info then please share it because "Life is tough here in the OC".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    LA/OC retail workers are the reason I do as much of my purchasing through online or telesales. They all seem to have a gigantic chip on their shoulder against customers who "dare" to ask them questions. They act as if you're trying to scam them by collecting information or something.

I've been to the Best Buys and Sprint Stores around NE Orange County and the workers are giving me the same "we can't divulge that information" garbage and won't even tell me how high the demand might be based on customer inquiries. So I'm giving up and just trying for the Long Beach Sprint Store 2hrs before open.

Anyway, if anyone gets good info then please share it because "Life is tough here in the OC".
    Yeah but I think LA is much worse. Also, the closer you get to LA from the OC it gets progressively worse!
    I will be going to Aliso Viejo bright and early
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Yeah but I think LA is much worse. Also, the closer you get to LA from the OC it gets progressively worse!
    Yep, I called 2 LA stores today and they acted like I called them A-Holes. I only asked if they had a waiting list.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Wooo for San Frenando Valley! The sprint store I am going to is getting a good amount of Pre's. Although I should have gone today to make sure they were holding one for me since I was next door at Lowes, but I had to fit a 2x10x10 piece of Wood in my car. And my car is barely 10 feet long... So it was a choice between my car and a Pre. It was tough....
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    I read somewhere else on here (maybe the Official LA thread) that an Aliso Viejo store would have about 120 Pre's. Granted, that's South County, but I would think most stores would have a decent amount in stock.
    Best Buy Laguna Hills expects a couple of Pre's. Bet they're already spoken for......

Called Aliso Viejo Corp Sprint Store today. They were very nice, said they're getting lots of calls, (sporadically) and that they expect at least 100 Pre's to be delivered Thursday night.

Refused to put me on a wait list. Said NO sales Friday Night. Open at 8AM Saturday, expecting lines outside, and the rebate is MIR (no use for me).

6AM Arrival for me on Saturday - Giving them my old 700p for an additional $35.00 (already did the ESN swap). I'll be paying $264. and getting it all back in 29 days. This Pre's for me to play with for free for a month.

Hope the Unlocked GSM shows up somewhere, anywhere during July. That'll be my "keeper" Pre on AT&T!
    Just talked to a CSR at the Orange Store on Tustin. Open at 8am on Saturday. I asked about how many they might be expecting, all he told me was, "We won't know until day of launch."

Hmmm... still gonna show up around 6-6:30, and see what's up. I can't imagine them only getting 3 or 4 phones, right? It is a Corp. Store, afterall.
    Laguna Niguel store has 25 Pre's for Sat. morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    I'm going to fathom a guess that those 25 arrived today, and another 25 will arrive tomorrow. 50 sounds about right for that location.
    I hear 25 will be available Saturday morning! ...not 50!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
    Wooo for San Frenando Valley! The sprint store I am going to is getting a good amount of Pre's. Although I should have gone today to make sure they were holding one for me since I was next door at Lowes, but I had to fit a 2x10x10 piece of Wood in my car. And my car is barely 10 feet long... So it was a choice between my car and a Pre. It was tough....
    Which store's that?
    Just for kicks I'm thinking about going to the Sprint store by me, playing dumb (which isn't a stretch for me...haha), and seeing what they tell me. It'd be new Sprint service for me porting a number from another carrier. I'll post back with results although I'm fully expecting them to tell me to come back tomorrow
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    So which stores is everyone going to?

I've checked Brea and Long Beach but they both are keeping their inventory numbers secret for whatever reasons so I really don't know how to plan this out. I'm really disliking how Sprint is making us jump through hoops when they are the ones struggling to keep customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    So which stores is everyone going to?

I've checked Brea and Long Beach but they both are keeping their inventory numbers secret for whatever reasons so I really don't know how to plan this out. I'm really disliking how Sprint is making us jump through hoops when they are the ones struggling to keep customers.
    I'm feelin' ya there... When I called Orange and got no real answers on inventory, I was kinda bummed... I don't need exact numbers, but a general answer like "a lot" or a "few" would be good with me!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    Is that the one on Golden Lantern?
    Just back from corporate store in Irvine. Walked in, told them I was going to port a number over and heard the Pre was out today. They said no, tomorrow at 8am. I asked if there was anything special I should know about tomorrow. She said it was first come, first serve and they were hoping everyone who shows up gets one. I asked how many they would have and she said she did not know.

I'm actually surprised...and a little impressed...that no stores have started selling them early.
    Brandon
    I guess I'll just wait in line at the Westminster store at like 7:30am. We'll see what that'll get me.

So much for S|P.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast