Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Mostly a business related article just up on Reuters:

Palm's Pre: a star is born? | Technology | Internet | Reuters

"About 623,000 Pres are expected to move in Palm's fiscal first quarter ending August, five analysts polled by Reuters said."

That's a pretty nice number. Hope it happens!

rotello
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Good article for an investor.
    Last edited by heavyt; 06/02/2009 at 06:02 PM.
    I like the "623,000" number! LOL! Not 620k or 625k, but 623k!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Well, that's 50% more devices than they sold the last quarter, and those were mostly cheaper centro's, plus they will have had to pay WinMo licensing fees for many of the last devices. On the other hand, the Pre is an upmarket device with much more profit per device, and also they don't have to pay licensing fees.

Good profit means healthy Palm means more webOS devices! Nice!
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I like the "623,000" number! LOL! Not 620k or 625k, but 623k!
    Well, they did hedge their bets by saying 'About 623,000'... Actually, I think that number is probably an average of all the different analysts polled. Woulda been funnier if that had said 'About 623,753'!

rotello
    Yep, I checked the average - that would have been 685,500 - but too obvious!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Yep, I checked the average - that would have been 685,500 - but too obvious!
    Depends - how did you average them? Mean? Median? Other types that I can't remember because I stopped Maths years ago?
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Got to give Palm props for keeping everyone's interest and attention on the Pre while hardly ever advertising it. At&t and Apple heavily advertised the 1st generation iPhone. It makes you wonder if the Pre could manage to get those #'s, what could it have been with more advertising?
    Jimmie Geddes