1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the Pre vibrates when a call is received when the phone is in silence mode?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    don't all phones?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    To clarify from the user manual, it has the option to, but not necessarily.
    i would sure hope so lol. its been the standard on cell phones for years now.
    stupid question man, u get more reply if u ask what am im going to have for breakfast on launch day
    Quote Originally Posted by prekilla View Post
    stupid question man, u get more reply if u ask what am im going to have for breakfast on launch day
    LOL! Breakfast? Who has time for breakfast on launch day? I'll get my nourishment through sniffing the Pre's plastic shell.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by prekilla View Post
    Are you suggesting launch day breakfast is more relevant than functionality?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    don't all phones?
    I've had several phones in the past (like in the 90's) that didn't have vibrate. However, are phones without vibrate made today? I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoob View Post
    Anyone know if the Pre vibrates when a call is received when the phone is in silence mode?
    Does the Pre have a Phone?

Sorry... I couldn't resist.
    Can't remember which phone, but I remember having one that didn't vibrate for texts, only phone calls, which was annoying. I don't think I kept it long. I've had wayy too many phones....
    I would have thought that was a dumb question too had I not just read that the Pre doesn't come with an alarm clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by pen91181 View Post
    I would have thought that was a dumb question too had I not just read that the Pre doesn't come with an alarm clock.
    Are you sure about that? http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...view-pics.html
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Insp_Gadget is correct: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/181719-finally-my-hands-pre-view-pics.html

"Oh yeah... I'm not sure if it was downloaded from the App store or not, but there is most definitely a clock app with an alarm clock. I didn't test it, but I looked at it for a minute."
    A question to go along with this, it's very important for me considering it's a major point of contention on my Instinct....

Are there separate ringer volumes for the alarms and ringers/texts? I had to load a "silent" ringer for my ringer and text messages so I don't get disturbed while sleeping but I still had to keep my volume up because of my alarm. When I got a text, even if it was on the "silent" ringer, it'd beep two minutes after at the volume I have it set at and it would wake me up.