Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow what a day!!!

I will start by saying I feel really bad.

I have been calling all around me trying to find a pre on launch day.

I have called all BB in 150 mile radius and was planning on driving a ways to get one come saturday.

Well I called my local BB ( not divulging the location b/c one of 2 pre's in their stock has my name on it) a few days ago. The guy said he had a couple on order but they never get new phones in right away. He did take my name and number and said he would call me when they received a phone and if I still wanted one I could come get it when it came in.

So I am at work today and get a cal from an local number i didn't recognize.
    I answered thinking it may be work related. It in fact was the local bb mobile store calling me to let me know my pre had arrived. I said oh really so I can come get in on saturday. She says no you can come get in whenever.

So an hour later I stroll into bb and find the girl that called me. She gets out the pre and says ok lets get started. I was kind of dumbstruck but was just gonna see where it went.

I have my plan setup to switch over to family referral plan from SERO on the 5th, so when she entered my number in the system it says she needs to call in. SO her and the SPRINT rep start working through the process of getting me switched to the family referral plan and they even went as far as starting the activation on my new PRE. For some reason the pre would not activate. I'm thinking oh S$%^ its not gonna work but then the SPRINT rep transfers her and they continue.

A couple minutes into another mobile rep is there helping another customer, and I see he gets a call, that he quickly excuses himself to take, goes around the corner and comes back and calls my rep aside.

I couldn't make out everything he was saying but did catch "Not until the 6th, absolutely no way until the 6th."

She comes back apologetically and says that for some reason she can't sell me the phone until the sixth. So we proceed and get all my stuff switched back and am assured this wil not mess up my upgrade come saturday.

the guy that took the call walks by and I asked him, "DID you just get a call about the pre and my buying it?" He said "yes and it was from coorporate!"

I profusely apologized as I don't want to get anyone in trouble but they said I could come get the phone so I was gonna go get the phone!

She didn't act to worried about it, said they hadn't been told anything about not selling the pre.

Oh and he told me that they would just hold the phone for me until saturday and I saw her put my name on the box and lock it back up.

Now I did get to hold it for a few fleeting moments and even snapped a pic with my touch that I will post in a few moments.

My delima now is... Do I wait here until saturday at 10 or drive further and wait in line to better my chances of getting one.

Sorry bout the long post but thought this warranted a new post.
    Fascinating story. Was the box opened? If it was, then I'd have them put it somewhere special because otherwise, isn't it now an open-box product? If it wasn't opened, then it would still be pretty poor to not let this one yours. Just make sure you get the manager involved.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Bummer! At least take heart, there's one tagged with your name already... the rest of us aren't so lucky!
    You've got one lined up with your name on it. Why hassle with looking elsewhere?
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/03/2009 at 09:37 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    My delima now is... Do I wait here until saturday at 10 or drive further and wait in line to better my chances of getting one.
    I don't understand. They put your name on it and locked it up for you, right?
    How would driving further and waiting in line better your chances?

Just think I missed something.
  6.    #6  
    Here is the picture I took with my htc touch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Holy crap! You should have ran as fast as your could to the exit!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah i prob wont drive anywhere I just am worried that as soon as she tried activating it they got a call. So I worry that they will get more info and realize they are not supposed to hold them for people and it wont be there at 10 saturday.
    Just over worrying I am sure.
    Wow...right in hand and almost complete. But I do agree with the open box thing....there is no way they could go and selll that PRE to anyone else but you...businessly speaking. So you really should have a PRE already reserved for you.
    Wow that was almost a LUCKY BREAK for you there!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    LMAO. So close! I would have been standing there shaking if I were you. Like I was doing something wrong and all of a sudden they would call security on me.

This was an awesome story though, thanks!
    Why would you not wait there? Moreover, why would you "drive further"? And what makes you think that doing so would "better your chances"? Sounds to me like you already have a Pre. I mean it's got your name on it. All you have to do is pick it up on Saturday. That sounds more secure than any other story I've heard so far.
    They were teasing you with it. That blows though. I would have been pissed. Its only 4 days away anyways. It's nice to actually see that stores already have them though.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Wow...right in hand and almost complete. But I do agree with the open box thing....there is no way they could go and selll that PRE to anyone else but you...businessly speaking. So you really should have a PRE already reserved for you.
    Yeah that is a really good point. She even had it all smudgy with her fingerprints.

I was sitting there wanting to tell her to put on the white gloves and be careful with it.

She even nearly dropped it once. and then said don't worry we have another one!!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    that is amazing!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    LMAO. So close! I would have been standing there shaking if I were you. Like I was doing something wrong and all of a sudden they would call security on me.

This was an awesome story though, thanks!
    I was shaking, and when I first walked in I was sure she was gonna hand me the 'PRO' and go here ya go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Why would you not wait there? Moreover, why would you "drive further"? And what makes you think that doing so would "better your chances"? Sounds to me like you already have a Pre. I mean it's got your name on it. All you have to do is pick it up on Saturday. That sounds more secure than any other story I've heard so far.
    exactly what i was thinking.
    Yeah that is a really good point. She even had it all smudgy with her fingerprints.

I was sitting there wanting to tell her to put on the white gloves and be careful with it.

She even nearly dropped it once. and then said don't worry we have another one!!
    Ha ha ha--that's pretty funny. When I saw your picture I thought, "Gee, that's awfully close to the edge of the table."
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

lol I was like this when I picked up my BB Storm on release day. They acted careless with it and the rep had long fingernails she was using to push the buttons and screen. I'm standing there going all OCD wanting to grab it away and protect it like a parent would a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Holy crap! You should have ran as fast as your could to the exit!!
    yeah he should have pulled a Jerry -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast