Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the current spirit of creating "official" threads for all states, I thought I'd create one for my home state.

I'm personally going to a corporate store in Fort Lauderdale. Based on my previous discussions with their sales manager, he doesn't expect a lot of people there, even though he gets daily calls asking about the Pre (though "it seems the same guys calling us over and over...").

I plan to get there around 6:30am Saturday morning. The store, as of Monday 6/1, had no idea how many Pres they were getting.

Let us know if you have any intelligence info on your local Florida store or what are your plans!
    Posted earlier in separate thread: moved to this thread
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint Store customer representative about the Pre being available on the 6th. He said I could get on his waiting list (#6) and that he would call me on the 5th to let me know how many Pre's that store would be getting. He said there was no reason to camp out early, and that there would be no problem in getting it that day. He also said the store (in Boca Raton, Fl) would open early on Sat - at 8am. So should I decide to pick one up on Sat (rather than order online), I'm set.

Before I hung up, however, I asked him for directions to his store. He then said, "...we're just a few stores down from the Best Buy" -WOW. I then realized that if I go early I actually have two nearby choices to pick up the phone. I wonder if he realized when he stated about being nearby the Best Buy store that they might actually be competition
    Uhm, does someone want to explain why on those released stock numbers for Best Buy that for example, Sanford will be getting nearly 18 Pres while West Palm Beach will be getting 4? What is up with these stock distributions?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I will be going to either the south beach store on 5th and washington or the north miami store on 135th and biscayne. not sure what time I am going to arrive.
    I know where this Sprint store is

I went into my local Sprint store (in WPB) on Sunday and was told:

They are not opening on the 5th to sell the Pre.
    They will open on Satuday at 8am. First come, first served.
    They had no idea of how many units they will be getting.

Will call again either tomorrow or Thursday and see if they have any further info.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Posted earlier in separate thread: moved to this thread
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint Store customer representative about the Pre being available on the 6th. He said I could get on his waiting list (#6) and that he would call me on the 5th to let me know how many Pre's that store would be getting. He said there was no reason to camp out early, and that there would be no problem in getting it that day. He also said the store (in Boca Raton, Fl) would open early on Sat - at 8am. So should I decide to pick one up on Sat (rather than order online), I'm set.

Before I hung up, however, I asked him for directions to his store. He then said, "...we're just a few stores down from the Best Buy" -WOW. I then realized that if I go early I actually have two nearby choices to pick up the phone. I wonder if he realized when he stated about being nearby the Best Buy store that they might actually be competition
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'll be visiting the store in Pompano Beach or Boca Raton. Depends on what each store says when I call tomorrow.

Neither seem to know how many they are getting in stock yet.
    Pembroke Pines all day! Got one on hold for me WOOHOO!
    I'm headed to Aventura store and then maybe the Pines store if my friend decides to go early with me since she's in Pines... but most likely Aventura, stopping off at Best Buy on the way though to see if they've got any. Only a couple more days
  9.    #9  
    I'm stopping by one of my stores tomorrow just to check on any possible inventory numbers for Saturday. I'll also ask if the Touchstone is already in, if I can order it now and maybe... get some hands-on time with the Pre.
  10. enjoyingsilence
    I'm up in Jacksonville. So I haven't decided between Orange Park, or one of the Jacksonville stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    I'm up in Jacksonville. So I haven't decided between Orange Park, or one of the Jacksonville stores.
    In Jacksonville too. Called the Sprint non-corp store at 9398 Arlington Expy yesterday to inquire about their Pre inventory. The guy on the phone said yes they would be getting some in (I didn't ask how many), asked if I was eligible for the upgrade (yes I am) then asked if I wanted my name put on "the list" (heck yeah I do). He called back today and set up a 10am appt on Saturday to pickup my Pre. Glad I won't have to worry about possibly waiting in line for one.
    Good luck.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  12. enjoyingsilence
    I'll be at one of the best buy's early early in the am
    The one on Atlantic Blvd, according to the leaked inventory list, will have 16.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14. enjoyingsilence
    Bestbuy in Orange park is closer, they're supposed to have 6. and I spoke with them directly, according to their RSS. that leak is correct. well, at least for jax.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Central FL Here, I think I am going to the Ocoee Sprint store to pickup my pre. Having an issue with my upgrade as I did upgrade to a curve but returned it. Sprint says the could not reset the upgrade but put notes in my file stating i can get the upgrade discount and will give the store a code at time of purchase. Not sure if I can get the discount if I go to a Bestbuy.

I may if I have time go into a Bestbuy and check. Would love the instant rebate!
  16. joelpalm
    Orange Park here, I am thinking of waiting til after the rush to get mine. I may however head to Best Buy and see how many they have once I wake up on Saturday.
  17.    #17  
    I've got my name on three stores' waiting lists -actually, they're "notification" lists, as they assured me it's only to be notified when the Pre arrives, but it will not save me a Pre, which is fair, IMO.

As much as I tell myself that there will be enough Pres for everyone that day, I'm still feeling a bit uneasy. I don't even want to think how anxious I'm going to be from 10pm Friday night (going to bed) until 8:10am, when I hopefully will have the Pre in my hands.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I'm in the Fort Myers, FL area. I don't expect long lines, and I plan to arrive at a corporate Sprint store just before opening.
    i will be at the BB in Regency early in the morning.....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been thinking about where to go get my Pre. Bestbuy has the instant rebate so 199. Sprint 299 MIR. Means I am loaning sprint/palm 100 bucks for a month or so maybe 2. I have an issue with my upgrade so i have to go to a sprint store to get the upgrade discount. But i can also just bill to my account, so instead of loaning sprint the 100, they will be loaning me 300 bucks til next bill is due. I thinks it is a wash. Going to a Sprint store.

If you do not have a spending limit on your line might want to consider sprint store. They will have more inventory, can bill to your account, and they open earlier.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast