Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. enjoyingsilence
    at bestbuy in orange park.. 3 of us in line
  2.    #62  
    Got at the Sprint store on Broward Blvd & Federal Hwy at 5:55a, not a single soul there.

5 minutes later, another one showed up. Now, there are 7 people in line.
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Got at the Sprint store on Broward Blvd & Federal Hwy at 5:55a, not a single soul there.

5 minutes later, another one showed up. Now, there are 7 people in line.
    you got lucky!
    i hope people take pictures of lines in Jacksonville, I want to see how busy it got!!
  5. enjoyingsilence
    here's a pic of the line in best buy in orange park...

there's 5 (edit, not 6) of us, when u include the person who took the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    En route to the non corp store @ 9398 Arlington Expy in Jax
  7. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    <p>En route to the non corp store @ 9398 Arlington Expy in Jax</p>
    let us know what's up! we're up and running online from the bestbuy in OP.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Went to the "Andrea Lane" store in Fort Myers, FL. Arrived at 7:35 right after a thunderstorm moved through. About 25 ahead of me in line. They opened 15 minutes early. They have 10 registers. They let the first 10 in and then took names as the rest of the line moved through. They called our names in order, I was out of there by 8:30 AM. Excellent job organizing and executing. All of the original 50 in line when the store opened got a Pre, after that it was wait and see. I'm sure they are completely sold out of the 80 they had in stock. Phone is SWEET..
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    let us know what's up! we're up and running online from the bestbuy in OP.
    Just standing around waiting, there's 3 other people in here, I believe they're getting Pre's. I'm next in line.
  10. enjoyingsilence
    bestbuy in orange park, florida only has 3 pre's ON HAND. here's my ticket hehe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This store is a 5 Star Cellular, said they've sold 7-8 here, and about 56 in this region. Got the usual "don't know" when I asked how many they have on hand.
    Playing with the demo while I wait, it's sweet. From some of the reviews I was afraid it would be small, but the size if perfect.
  13.    #73  
    I gotta give it to the local Sprint corporate store, the whole affair was quite organized. About an hour before the store opened, one of the staff came out to make a list, everyone in the line was very polite (in fact, the time I posted earlier was the last time I used my netbook, since I figured I wouldn't "mingle" with everyone), and the guys that arrived shortly after me all quickly pointed out I was the first.
    Our group was very friendly, from all walks of life. No one heard of PreCentral, most had checked Engadget, one had literally heard about the Pre this week, out of contract with VZW. I really didn't feel those two hours, although the last 30 minutes were looooong.

After the list was made, he came out to show all the available accessories, their prices and that bill to account was available, unless you had a spending limit. A 20% discount was offered when two accessories were bought (I got the screen protector for $12 and it will go to eBay since I got the Invisible Shield ordered, with that the Touchstone was 20% cheaper).

Inside there were five registers, with each taking two customers at once; you would get your stuff billed to your account, receipt printed and the second customer would do the same. Only then, would the staff walk you through the activation. Of note, they all gave you the option to open the box yourself and do the activation while they gave each step.

Thankfully I had already seen the activation routine earlier (like most here), so I was in and out within 5 minutes.

All in all a very pleasant experience, were it not for the "waking early" part.
  14. joelpalm
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    here's a pic of the line in best buy in orange park...

there's 5 (edit, not 6) of us, when u include the person who took the picture
    Holy crap, the guy in the red is the "homeless guy" I told you about when I made my 2 AM run. Congratulations guys. My roommate works at that BB. So enjoy, we have to get together and smoke hookah sometime man.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, I got mine at rivercity market place 5star cellular sprint store. I got there about 10 after 8, and there was 7 people in front of me. While waiting, I overheard they had received 25 pre's, 20 of them were spoken for on some list they had. I got one of the other 5. I was in the store for about half an hour total
    Even though I'm late to this thread, I have to say the whole affair was painless. The Waterford Lakes store by UCF did an awesome job handling the whole event. They've gone through different management over the past 3 years or so, but the crew that's presently at the store rocked! They were very friendly and efficient. By the time I got there at 6AM there were over 15 people on line - by 8AM the line went down almost to the corner. They let folks in in groups of five and it was a relatively quick in and out.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234