Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Well... the ice is off the lakes. There are Canada Geese wandering the highways with their young. The mosquitoes are waking and preparing to feast. The road construction season has openned and it is again impossible to go anywhere in a straight line.

SOOOO....where, when, how does everyone in the great state of Minnesota (home of Best Buy) plan on obtaining their very own PRE?
    I have to golf the morning of the 6th (i know, golf before getting new phone is tough), still need to switch from my SERO plans to the EPRP then check which Sprint stores still have any available in the NW Metro(need two, one for me and one for wife).
    SW metro here- there's a small store down the street from my house I plan on going to. It's a big store, but sort of hidden behind everything else, so I'm hoping for a small/no line... crossing my fingers
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    NW Metro, I talked to the Maple Grove Sprint Store. They were clueless. Didn't know when or how many Pre's they'd get. They didn't know anything about getting the Touchstone charger either.

I didn't try anything in the SW. Good Luck.
    I went into that MG store a few weeks back, and i knew more about the Pre than the sales rep. When he asked how i knew so much I told him @ precentral.net!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Wow. Three of us in Minnesota. Should be plenty of phones available. :-)
    I'm in Rochester so I only have one choice in Sprint retail stores. And with Best Buy only getting probably 4 units, I'm not going to bother going there.
    I would prefer not to go the mail in rebate way so I'm going to try for a Best Buy. Hopefully they'll know their numbers a little closer to launch so I can pick a store and if I arrive and there's too many people waiting already I can rush to a Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Also Rochester so maybe I will see you at the Sprint Store in town... I will go on Sat but I won't say when aus1ander.... Just kidding... . So we may just meet up. I do want two though, one for my Wife and me

PS Probably going to the Sprint store around 7am
    I'm in the west metro, I plan on going to the Minnetonka Sprint store. I have my name on a list at Best Buy in Minnetonka, but I'm thinking that's not going to amount to much, if anything.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    I stopped in to the Minnetonka Best Buy and the guy said they had 5. He expected them to be sold (or at least spoken for) before open, with people lining up.

I have to wait for Verizon...
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    I stopped in to the Minnetonka Best Buy and the guy said they had 5. He expected them to be sold (or at least spoken for) before open, with people lining up.

I have to wait for Verizon...
    Yeah, I'm going to drive by there on my way to the Sprint store...if there isn't anyone there, I'm gonna jump in line there instead of Sprint.

FWIW, the Sprint store is going to have a ton of them...I'm just guessing, but pretty sure.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    For any of you watching what's in Rochester, just stopped in to the Sprint Store on North 52 and they said, 8am opening (wanted to get that straight) and they "don't know how many they will have"

So like I said before I will hopefully be up there around 7am.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Did you all see the Best Buy inventory leak that was posted on Engadget today? Most of the metro Best Buy stores had between 3 and 5. I'll probably hit up a sprint store, but we'll see.
    So what time is everyone here planning on getting in line?
    I'm going to drive by Best Buy at 6:30-7am. If there's not a huge line I'll get in line and get one there.
    Otherwise, I have one on hold from a non corporate Sprint store right near the Best Buy. Got a partially filled out new subscriber agreement stuck to a box yesterday. I'll go for the no mail in deposit route first but if all else fails he said I could stop in anytime Saturday and it's reserved for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    So what time is everyone here planning on getting in line?
    As early as I can get my **** outta bed, LOL!
    Got to the Minnetonka Best Buy @ 3:30am this morning...I was first in line. They only had 5 phones, the fifth person got there at 8:05, lol!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Sprint store in Rochester, got there at 7:00am and was tenth in line. There was 4 or so that had been there since 10pm on Friday.

Everything went really smoothly in my opinion! They all did a great job at the Sprint Store. I don't know how many they had or what the numbers were after me but it looked like 15 to 20 after me. Maybe aus1ander can chime in. I did hear someone bring up PreCentral.net!
    My experience was great. I went to the Best Buy Mobile store at the Mall of America. I got there when the mall opened at 7am and was the second in line. After about 20 minutes two guys from the Sprint store in the mall tried getting us to come buy it from them. They said they have 35 units in stock and they open earlier than Best Buy Mobile. I simply responded that I'd also be paying $100 more to take it home with me if I bought it from them. LOL

The Best Buy Mobile store was supposed to open at 9:30, and the guy opening the store was really cool. He brought us some Starbucks coffee, and let us hang out in the store at 9:00, but he said he just couldn't sell us the phones until 9:30. He also gave us him Pre Demo unit to play with for a bit while we waited. Everything processed perfectly. Couldn't be happier with my experience or my new Pre!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast