Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hopefully will be getting mine by Wednesday. After golfing in the rain, I didn't get to the Sprint store in Maple Grove until 3:00pm and they were long gone. I am #14 on the waiting list.

Anyone here have any of the problems that have been mentioned in the forums? Kinda made me a little leary, but then again 100 bad phones out of 150,000 is not bad.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    I hopefully will be getting mine by Wednesday. After golfing in the rain, I didn't get to the Sprint store in Maple Grove until 3:00pm and they were long gone. I am #14 on the waiting list.
    Some great weather over the weekend, huh. Great for golfing!
    Anyone here have any of the problems that have been mentioned in the forums? Kinda made me a little leary, but then again 100 bad phones out of 150,000 is not bad.
    As for problems... Non here. Both my Wifes and mine works like a charm! My only complaints are: battery life, (not bad but not good) and small app catalog.

Overall; Very happy with our choice to stick with Sprint and go with the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    Got to the Minnetonka Best Buy @ 3:30am this morning...I was first in line. They only had 5 phones, the fifth person got there at 8:05, lol!
    WOW...I drove by the Minnetonka SPRINT store on my way home from the airport Saturday morning and there were about 30-40 people in line.

I decided to go home and nap for a bit....I came back around 1pm...and there were about 20 people in the store.

Every person at the counter had a Pre in front of them and they were telling me I could get on a "waiting list"....wow....can I?

They also asked when getting on that "LIST" if I was upgrading or signing a new service contract.....I told them upgrade.

The lady behind me with her two socially inept trolls for kids...one had a Princeton Tennis sweatshirt on.....told the same guy I spoke to that they were signing up for new service....guess what.......he went and got (3) Pre's and handed them to a customer service rep to help them get signed up!

WOW....I've been a Sprint customer with 6 lines on my account since 1996 and that's how it goes down???????

The funniest thing is that I'm glad I didn't get the PRE on Saturday......as much as I am a believer in the fact that the concept of this phone and the OS are spot on......somehow I knew there would be hardware/durability problems.

I have had every TREO with exception of the cartoony Centro and carry them in my front pocket.......looks like I don't dare do that with the PRE!!!

Anyway.....I'm glad I still have my 755p....as I was out of town on business today and used it and the great DUN capability....what a life saver!
    The PRE has so much to improve on an I guess I don't envy those that will be using (1) or more of their TRP claims and the deductable to get a new PRE because it's made of egg shell.

To each their own....so if you enjoyed the sitting outside the store on a wet cold *** summer night.....then good for you....however if you didn't enjoy it but did it just to have the trinket to SHOW OFF with then get a life.....

And by the way......to you two 20 something, still breast feeding wierdos that got their PRE's by lying to the store rep and then having Mommy and Daddy pay for them....because you just get anything you want......PLEASE DO NOT HAVE KIDS OF YOUR OWN.......they will have a harder time even than you in the world getting joy out of something other than and OBJECT!!!

$.02
    Last edited by ccizzy; 06/09/2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I really feel bad about your experience at Best Buy, I'm with you in that regard, sounds absolutly rediculous, you should have gotten a Pre if BB had one, period. There is no reason someone coming up after you and getting one and you not. I am not siding with BBMobile at all but seriously what do they know, they work for BB NOT Sprint/ATT/Verizon/T-Mob or whatever is there at the mobile center. Hence me wanting and trusting to go to the Sprint Store itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ccizzy View Post
    To each their own....so if you enjoyed the sitting outside the store on a wet cold *** summer night.....then good for you....however if you didn't enjoy it but did it just to have the trinket to SHOW OFF with then get a life.....
    This is where you loose me.... I am sorry if loosing one hour out of MY life bothers you. Remember this is my life. I am VERY happy with my choice to get the Pre for my Wife and Me. Was waiting in 1 hour of sprinkles and 52 degrees fun, no but it was neat meeting people with same interests in this phone. I wanted this phone because I like techie things like this and would have liked the compititions phone but I am exteremly happy with Sprint. There was no way I was going to go with ATT. Like I have said in the past; to me the Pre only lacks in battery life and apps. And out of those two I see one improving by the day! I have only had a Palm 700p and it lasted me about, oh, 3 months and 3 hardware fails later and I said heck with it. But I like Palm and am willing to jump head first in trying this Pre. Seroiusly, if it doesn't work out, it will suck but with anything new there will be nasayers, as such for the Pre.

I know you have your opinions and I respect that whole heartedly, I am a strong believer in the bill of rights but your next comments confuse me? You made some very valid points in your post above then you yourself bash "two 20 something, still breast feeding wierdos" Please explain yourself, why the low blow. Were you talking to me personly?... No, I don't think so (I'm in Roch)but I am 28 and work dang hard for my money and just spent $500 on these things and feel that by you saying this is a blow to all fellow Minnesotinights

And by the way......to you two 20 something, still breast feeding wierdos that got their PRE's by lying to the store rep and then having Mommy and Daddy pay for them....because you just get anything you want......PLEASE DO NOT HAVE KIDS OF YOUR OWN.......they will have a harder time even than you in the world getting joy out of something other than and OBJECT!!!

$.02

Are you Trolling?
    Don't take me so seriously and certainly not literally.

Unless you walked in with you Mommy or Daddy....which it sounds like you didn't.....then this almost doesn't apply to you.

Now I understand the whole "techie" thing.....but if your heart stops beating and you have anxiety attacks when you don't have the newest "thing" then yeah...I was talking about you.

Don't get me wrong......there is always room for improvement in anything....but come on.....if Mommy and Daddy are still buying you anything you want at that age......imagine what it will be like when you get into the real world....oh wait.....if it's still happening now.....then the real world only sets in once Mommy and Daddy are no longer here....and even then....denial.

I am 30 and my father died when I was 21. I left college to take over his business and finish putting my two younger siblings through college.

Even they didn't turn out that way....and I pretty much gave them everything the NEEDED.

I don't resent that at all....believe me....I just think it's really comical to see how tangibles are the only thing that makes alot of people happy anymore.....and you know what....it's not real happiness....it like the nookie a baby gets to keep them occupied!

No hard feelings at all......really.

Just hard to want to have kids when they might turn out like that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12