Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Just for S&G's I called my local Radio Shack:

Me: Hi, any idea about how many Palm Pre units you'll have this Saturday?

Them: ...

Them: What are you looking for?

Me: The Palm Pre.

Them: Palm what?

Me: The Pre.

Them: Treo?

Me: The Pre. It's a phone coming out for Sprint.

Them: If you can give me the SKU # I can attempt to look it up.

Me: ... nevermind.

Wow, that was disastrous. If the # of units depends on the previous sales of a store, I'm gonna take a wild stab at it that this store will have zero units seeing as though they don't even know what the phone is.

I'm just going to bank on going to the nearest corporate store and eating the rebate up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post

Wow, that was disastrous. If the # of units depends on the previous sales of a store, I'm gonna take a wild stab at it that this store will have zero units seeing as though they don't even know what the phone is.

I'm just going to bank on going to the nearest corporate store and eating the rebate up front.
    Lol. Thats funny because thats the same reponse I get when I call RS and Ive called 4 different stores, makes no sense.
    I talked to the guy at my local Radio Shack last week and he new ALL about it.
    I don't know if they're going to have it, but it sounded like he's probably on these forums waiting for Saturday.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    where were the RS stores?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    This one was in Grand Rapids, MI.
    Indianapolis, Greenwood, and Columbus In
    Sounds like my localspring stores lol
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post

I only called 2 local Radio Shack stores. One didn't know if they'd get it. The other didn't know when or how many.

I guess I should be happy they even knew what the heck I was talking about.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I called mine (outside Nashville, TN) and they were up to speed. They WILL carry it but not on street date; something I thought was odd.

They will sell it for $199 (NO mail-in rebate required) for new customers and a bit more for existing customers. They were unsure about the exact cost, but they thought it would be $249 for existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I called mine (outside Nashville, TN) and they were up to speed. They WILL carry it but not on street date; something I thought was odd.

They will sell it for $199 (NO mail-in rebate required) for new customers and a bit more for existing customers. They were unsure about the exact cost, but they thought it would be $249 for existing.
    $249 for all existing customers?? OR is that for existing customers within the 22 month renewal period? Thats what im guessing they mean by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Lauderdale View Post
    $249 for all existing customers?? OR is that for existing customers within the 22 month renewal period? Thats what im guessing they mean by that.
    Since they weren't positive of the price, I didn't push for more info. I was thinking they meant that it was $249 for those within the renewal period.
    I spoke to my local Radio Shack in Northern California today. They knew what a Pre was, but reported that they would not be getting them for the release on June 6th.

They said they hope to have them in two weeks afterwards or so.

Best regards,

Jake