Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by robot123 View Post
    Cool, I am a scientist, too! How come I never see you at any of the Scientists Club meetings?
    Quoting yourself is one of the most arrogant things you can possibly do on the internet. But I need my 10 posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by robot123 View Post
    Quoting yourself is one of the most arrogant things you can possibly do on the internet. But I need my 10 posts!
    LMAO. Welcome aboard!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #83  
    Alarm app works even if the card is closed out and I just noticed a Connect4 EA demo (5 games can be played before it expires).
    1 less thing off my wishlist! I can hardly wait. I will be up from now until 8:30am on Saturday.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5.    #85  
    One of the coolest features of the phone is when you are in a call and the other line disconnects, it beeps in your ear to let you know the call ended. good to know for dropped calls instead of talking to yourself like a ****** bag.
    Any other apps that are trickling onto the store that you see, DP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Alarm app works even if the card is closed out and I just noticed a Connect4 EA demo (5 games can be played before it expires).
    Good to know.

One of the coolest features of the phone is when you are in a call and the other line disconnects, it beeps in your ear to let you know the call ended. good to know for dropped calls instead of talking to yourself like a ****** bag.
    Awesome. I can't say how many times I've done that.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Any other apps that are trickling onto the store that you see, DP?
    Just stuff that we knew to be in the works... two twitter apps, Tweed is one and I don't remember the name of the other one.

LinkedIn (FB for biz types) was another one I noticed. There was another movie type app like Fandango today. Nothing like WOW though...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Ever launch an app on the iPhone/touch? These take 5 to 10 seconds easy.
    10 seconds is a little exaggeration.
    Darh Pooh, can you let me know as soon as you see epocrates that would be AWESOME.
    There could be multiple alarms that could either be ongoing or a one time set up, it had options for weekdays or weekends only as well.

Like I said, it seemed simple enough and complete... like the WM version.
    That seems like a pretty decent alarm app, definitely looking back at what Palm included (or not) before. That's actually everything I have a need for and use in TreoAlarm. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what I don't understand is why is there a 2 seconds lag when you don't have any applications open, I would surelly like if this wasn't the case or if they had made some kind of animation to so that it does not feel like a delay.
    I can only guess but this could be only with more intensive apps. If I'm not mistaken, from watching the videos I saw Fandango or Pandora take a bit longer to load than say - Palm's Calendar. Maybe some apps can't do better but I'm sure there will be developers who could have made their apps better (lighter, faster).

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Of course there will be an alarm... not sure why so many people were getting mad over nothing. There were dozens of threads with people yammering about "how stupid," Palm was for not having one.

Every phone--ever--has one.
    The fact is Palm is known to leave that kind of stuff up to the market to bring in solutions. One of their people even said that for Pre on one of the shows while demoing it in front of the audience.

Every Treo (at least) user knows that and pretty much everybody has his or her own favorite alarm app. Even though a simple (but rather unintuitive) alarm is shipped with a Treo or should I say PalmOS (at least from v5.4, maybe even before) that's not enough for most users (BTW, that alarm is hidden in World Clock app and only one non-repeating alarm is possible). I believe in earlier versions of PalmOS they would just recommend you to use Calendar Event for alarm, which is completely doable but messy in my opinion. I like a separate alarm app more.

Quote Originally Posted by loginatnine View Post
    I really agree that they should make some kind of animation just like on the iphone, first, it fools people thinking the app is already open but it's not(that's for the people who will compare the iphone to the pre), and second, it does make the delay seems a lil shorter....I had posted some launching time of apps on my ipod touch in the comments of some article but I can't find it...But it was averaging around 4sec for safari, googlemaps, app store, mail app when they were not preloaded IIRC.
    More animation would be appropriate. You'll note that there already is some animation, but obviously not enough. It's not a good user experience to see everything stop at one point and then wait, without an indication whether it is working or not. At that point they could just include that circle they have when loading videos or some other stuff, in the center of the screen... Hopefully that doesn't prolong the load even more but I guess even if it does that it's nothing really meaningful.
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345