Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    Did the alarm clock app have the ability to run multiple timers?
    yes it does, and by the way, it's not a third party app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yikes.
    Please.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    pooh, the kid that asked about the bberry mini usb charging it, i think he meant with a mini to micro usb converter. I have about 4 of them laying around that i bought for my crapberry shhhtorm, the problem isthe amperage of the main usb charger

can you give me the numbers off the micro usb wall charger? how many volts and amps?
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    can you give me the numbers off the micro usb wall charger? how many volts and amps?
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but...

Aren't all USB connections 5 volts?

So really all you need to know is how much current it can put out.
    Of course there will be an alarm... not sure why so many people were getting mad over nothing. There were dozens of threads with people yammering about "how stupid," Palm was for not having one.

Every phone--ever--has one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Of course there will be an alarm... not sure why so many people were getting mad over nothing. There were dozens of threads with people yammering about "how stupid," Palm was for not having one.

Every phone--ever--has one.
    **Whips out AMPS DynaTAC from drawer**
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what I don't understand is why is there a 2 seconds lag when you don't have any applications open, I would surelly like if this wasn't the case or if they had made some kind of animation to so that it does not feel like a delay.
    I really agree that they should make some kind of animation just like on the iphone, first, it fools people thinking the app is already open but it's not(that's for the people who will compare the iphone to the pre), and second, it does make the delay seems a lil shorter....I had posted some launching time of apps on my ipod touch in the comments of some article but I can't find it...But it was averaging around 4sec for safari, googlemaps, app store, mail app when they were not preloaded IIRC.
    I talked to my contact and they have 2 demo Pres. He said the firmware update did improve the lag, but it still has a sligh lag when you have a few cards open. He also said that the new apps keep appearing in the App Catalog.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I hear a lot mentioned about lag. The question is, compared to what? As others have mentioned, each phone does something different screen wise from the time you activate an app to the time you get to use it. Are we actually comparing lag from other phones (iphone, G1, TP, BB, Treo) or is it just whining to some degree that the Pre didn't start the application two seconds before you pressed the button? If you had different phones in front of you and started an app at the same time, which would give you the least amount of lag? What is an acceptable amount of lag?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I hear a lot mentioned about lag. The question is, compared to what? As others have mentioned, each phone does something different screen wise from the time you activate an app to the time you get to use it. Are we actually comparing lag from other phones (iphone, G1, TP, BB, Treo) or is it just whining to some degree that the Pre didn't start the application two seconds before you pressed the button? If you had different phones in front of you and started an app at the same time, which would give you the least amount of lag? What is an acceptable amount of lag?
    Well, Roger McNamee did claim that the Pre gets you your e-mails before they're sent......
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm just telling what I was told. You're right almost all phones do something different to try and "animate" or try to do something to make it seem faster doing certain things. I haven't used a Pre yet, just telling what I was told. The good thing is the update improved the lag that some people have reported on the Pre before it got released. I guess we'll all know Saturday.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's enough to notice. I am sure its something you get over in the beginning but after a while, after the honeymoon, I could see it being a sticking point yano?

We played with a few other apps like the Alarm Clock, WHERE, Fandango... and I showed him how to either drag and drop music and use iTunes with it.
    Hey man thanks for the info. So how does the Where app work and I believe it is a free app can you confirm this.

Thanks can't wait til I get this phone in my hand
    After reading all the posts here about lag, I checked it out on my iPhone. The iPhone does have lag when most apps open, but Apple masks it by opening the screen right away (a blank white screen) and then loads the app. It gives the appearance that the app opens instantly. It works so well, that in the 2 years I have been using an iPhone I never even noticed it.
    After reading all the posts here about lag, I checked it out on my iPhone. The iPhone does have lag when most apps open, but Apple masks it by opening the screen right away (a blank white screen) and then loads the app. It gives the appearance that the app opens instantly. It works so well, that in the 2 years I have been using an iPhone I never even noticed it.
    It's a white screen for 3ish seconds. I wouldn't say it works that well as it's the first thing I ever noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    It's a white screen for 3ish seconds. I wouldn't say it works that well as it's the first thing I ever noticed.
    I can honestly say I never noticed it before. As another poster here said, it fooled me into thinking it opens instantly.
    I have a quick question about the alarm app.

Is this an app that always needs to be open in a card? I'm wondering because I can see myself going finger crazy and accidently closing the alarm app "card". Will this just run in the background?

Basically for windows mobile (even though I hate it) the alarm app is always running, and I just have to go into the interface and set my time and I'm good to go. It's not a separate program that I have to open, and keep open.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I can honestly say I never noticed it before. As another poster here said, it fooled me into thinking it opens instantly.
    First thing I noticed when I used an iPhone as well. Loads slower than my 2+ year-old HTC Touch. Very rarely does an application take longer than 1 second to launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but...

Aren't all USB connections 5 volts?

So really all you need to know is how much current it can put out.
    Yes, amps.

It is likely either 500, 700 or 1000 mA.
    There you go, that's what I was saying in my post....Or sometimes it's just a screenshot of the program when it's fully loaded but you can't touch anything... Its a very clever way to fool ppl, you gotta give apple credit for that

Anyway, from the video I've seen, the Pre seems very fast in opening apps, 2-3 sec is normal for today's phone. Firefox takes at least 5sec to open on my laptop on a fresh reboot...Less when I freshly formatted but still...
    Ever launch an app on the iPhone/touch? These take 5 to 10 seconds easy.

Hell it takes forever for me to launch Blazer on my Treo. I can stand 5 seconds to open new applications. ii

I assume it has to copy data from one part of memory to another so hence the delay.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast