Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Simple and useable. You could change it from Analog to Digital view (digital was like the HTC style while the analog looked like a Molvado watch).

There could be multiple alarms that could either be ongoing or a one time set up, it had options for weekdays or weekends only as well.

Like I said, it seemed simple enough and complete... like the WM version.
    The alarm clock... how does it work once you close it?

Are you left with a mini-dock icon, do the alarms just *happen* when they're supposed to, or does it not work when closed? (I'm guessing #2)
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The alarm clock... how does it work once you close it?

Are you left with a mini-dock icon, do the alarms just *happen* when they're supposed to, or does it not work when closed? (I'm guessing #2)
    Yikes, I never tested it like that. Just made sure it went off while the card was still open. I am an *****, it's just that sometimes you get overwhelmed on what to "try" when you are using it... I am trying to play it cool like using the phone is no big deal everytime I use it or show him something, but inside I am freaking the EFF out...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Darth, try the clock/alarm app in landscape mode, it works.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yikes, I never tested it like that. Just made sure it went off while the card was still open. I am an *****, it's just that sometimes you get overwhelmed on what to "try" when you are using it... I am trying to play it cool like using the phone is no big deal everytime I use it or show him something, but inside I am freaking the EFF out...
    Thanks for the info.

I missed which "he" you are talking about (wish it was me).
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Pandora is amazing, media sync is great, and there is still noticeable lag if I have pandora open thn open the web up,3 seconds or so.
    Yikes.
    The alarm clock, 3rd party or from Palm?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    It's enough to notice. I am sure its something you get over in the beginning but after a while, after the honeymoon, I could see it being a sticking point yano?

We played with a few other apps like the Alarm Clock, WHERE, Fandango... and I showed him how to either drag and drop music and use iTunes with it.
    You've had the phone for a bit now- what sticking points have you encountered? I know it took me a loooong time to find the iPhone flaws, but now they annoy me to no end.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    It appeared to be 3rd party to me. I didn't check the ABOUT info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    looks kind of like the Touchflow stuff.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I don't know if Darth actually "has" the phone....at least it doesn't seem like it from his posts. Darth, whats up? You got one?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    You've had the phone for a bit now- what sticking points have you encountered? I know it took me a loooong time to find the iPhone flaws, but now they annoy me to no end.
    I only had the phone for a few days before I gave it back... and ironically enough, the one I had for a few days isn't the same I used today. I just network a lot and have used 3 different Pre's

Ok back to the question... since the one I borrowed didn't have the APP Catalog active at the time, I didn't have the good stuff like Pandora, etc. I think my only REAL sticking point is the delay between opening apps when other intensive apps are running as well (this happened when I used YouTube, Music, and Web... now add into that more intensive new apps like Classic, Pandora, whatever else) and you have a possibility it could get worse.

Other than this... I haven't really been that intense with the device to find major flaws... people have mentioned stuff like the comma being in the place of the period (silly and not really an issue, but I was guilty of it, just takes time to adapt). I am really hoping for an onscreen keyboard for quick texting and landscape browsing...
    Ok back to the question... since the one I borrowed didn't have the APP Catalog active at the time, I didn't have the good stuff like Pandora, etc. I think my only REAL sticking point is the delay between opening apps when other intensive apps are running as well (this happened when I used YouTube, Music, and Web... now add into that more intensive new apps like Classic, Pandora, whatever else) and you have a possibility it could get worse.
    Having not used one yet myself, I cant imagine the delay opening apps could be slower than my bb curve. Not that I find the curve slow, but it can take 4-6 seconds for most apps to load and some even more and that doesnt really bother me (though when I'm showing it off to someone else that delay always seems longer )
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    is the latest and classic comes with a 7 day trial.
    Say DP, any word on how long it took to do the upgrade?

Sounds like a minor fix.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Hey DP, if you can, can you check to see if the alarm or music app still sounds through the loudspeaker with the vibrate switched on. I read in the manual that the music plays even while switch is on silent.

I remember when I had my 700p I would forget to take switch off of vibrate and wake up late to get to work. So it would be cool if the alarm still rang even with the switch on vibrate.

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well i'm not a scientist, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...
    priceless!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This is a good point. If you have a bunch of intensive apps open, the Pre will become slower. We have to be realistic. It has great processing power, but it is finite. No computer yet made will not slow down if you give it enough to do. It's a fact of life.

Watch, we'll get complaints in here about how slow the Pre is, and find out that the complainer has 15 cards open, including Pandora, 5 huge websites, a graphics intensive game (they'll exist), and so forth. This is the downside to multitasking.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    what I don't understand is why is there a 2 seconds lag when you don't have any applications open, I would surelly like if this wasn't the case or if they had made some kind of animation to so that it does not feel like a delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what I don't understand is why is there a 2 seconds lag when you don't have any applications open, I would surelly like if this wasn't the case or if they had made some kind of animation to so that it does not feel like a delay.
    No one has ANY idea how this OS works (except for the Palm OS engineers). It is brand new and tweaks will be CONTINUALLY made. Let's give it time.
    Did the alarm clock app have the ability to run multiple timers?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast