Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91
  1.    #21  
    Does it seem like I hold back anything?!
  2. #22  
    Hey Pooh,
    thanks so much for the updates.

    Any sign of epocrates in the app store at all? thanks!
  3. #23  
    Does it list updates when it alerts the user to download (For example: like the PSP does)?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  4.    #24  
    No Epocrates yet and it didn't list what it updated...
  5. #25  
    I'm a scientist who works as a Computer Scientist and Logician. This is most likely just a bug fix given the version number. In software typical version number is M.m.p where 'M' is a major version number (i.e. major software changes), 'm' is a minor version number (i.e. may have changed a few minor features, updated help files, etc) and 'p' is a "patch" level (i.e. some bugs have been addressed in version M.m.0).

    This versioning scheme is by no means universal but it is conventional and I've rarely ever seen anyone deviate from it.

    As for the Sudoku, that's an app. While there's no reason an app cannot be added to a distribution it doesn't change the version number of the software in question because it's irrelevant to the premise of versioning. For example, adding Solitair to Windows 3.1 doesn't merit calling it Windows 3.1.1.
  6. #26  
    I know for a fact that the update came out today, because the store I was in today received the update notification while we were playing with the Pre. I had to leave before it finished updating so we didn't know what changes it made, although it did say to go to palm.com/support for more info.
  7. #27  
    Hi Darth, thanks. Can you find out if a standard (blackberry) usb would charge the Pre, saw somewhere that it won't, I hope its not true
  8.    #28  
    I wasn't implying the new apps were the reason for the update version by any means, just giving an all around update
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Hi Darth, thanks. Can you find out if a standard (blackberry) usb would charge the Pre, saw somewhere that it won't, I hope its not true
    Ill try!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I'm a scientist who works as a Computer Scientist and Logician. This is most likely just a bug fix given the version number. In software typical version number is M.m.p where 'M' is a major version number (i.e. major software changes), 'm' is a minor version number (i.e. may have changed a few minor features, updated help files, etc) and 'p' is a "patch" level (i.e. some bugs have been addressed in version M.m.0).

    This versioning scheme is by no means universal but it is conventional and I've rarely ever seen anyone deviate from it.

    As for the Sudoku, that's an app. While there's no reason an app cannot be added to a distribution it doesn't change the version number of the software in question because it's irrelevant to the premise of versioning. For example, adding Solitair to Windows 3.1 doesn't merit calling it Windows 3.1.1.
    Cool, I am a scientist, too! How come I never see you at any of the Scientists Club meetings?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by robot123 View Post
    Cool, I am a scientist, too! How come I never see you at any of the Scientists Club meetings?
    lol!
  12. #32  
    Well I'm not a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  13. prebandit's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well I'm not a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    lol
  14. DDD
    DDD is offline
    DDD's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well I'm not a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    Also Known as 3_D
  15. #35  
    And I play one on TV. DarthPooh, thanks so much.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well I'm not a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    I love those dumb commercials

    BTW, thanks for keeping us updated Darth Pooh.
  17.    #37  
    Here's the deal, BB is mini usb not micro (at least the ones he had there) so we couldn't test em. He has used an LG car charger and a Motorola home charger. A cheapie 80 cent car charger didn't work.

    Pandora is amazing, media sync is great, and there is still noticeable lag if I have pandora open thn open the web up, 3 seconds or so.
  18. #38  
    3 seconds is consider lag? I get at least that going to blazer off of a soft reset.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    3 seconds is consider lag? I get at least that going to blazer off of a soft reset.
    It's enough to notice. I am sure its something you get over in the beginning but after a while, after the honeymoon, I could see it being a sticking point yano?

    We played with a few other apps like the Alarm Clock, WHERE, Fandango... and I showed him how to either drag and drop music and use iTunes with it.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's enough to notice. I am sure its something you get over in the beginning but after a while, after the honeymoon, I could see it being a sticking point yano?

    We played with a few other apps like the Alarm Clock, WHERE, Fandango... and I showed him how to either drag and drop music and use iTunes with it.
    How was the Alarm Clock App ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions