1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint Store customer representative about the Pre being available on the 6th. He said I could get on his waiting list (#6) and that he would call me on the 5th to let me know how many Pre's that store would be getting. He said there was no reason to camp out early, and that there would be no problem in getting it that day. He also said the store (in Boca Raton, Fl) would open early on Sat - at 8am. So should I decide to pick one up on Sat (rather than order online), I'm set.

Before I hung up, however, I asked him for directions to his store. He then said, "...we're just a few stores down from the Best Buy" -WOW. I then realized that if I go early I actually have two nearby choices to pick up the phone. I wonder if he realized when he stated about being nearby the Best Buy store that they might actually be competition
    Most sprint stores already know what their inventory will be for day 1. I know the corporate store I am going to has 125 on hand right now. So I am not too worried about getting one on Saturday.

I just a feeling that everyone is overreacting to the expected rush of the phone. It's curve in sales will be much more gradual than the iPhone. Not saying it won't be successful.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I talked to the manager of the Sprint Studio store here in KC about the release party on Friday night. He said he expected over 100 people to be there for that and that they would have enough supply for all of them as well as plenty more for the next day. I was surprised by that and he said that the reports of a limited supply have been exaggerated alot and there shouldn't be many stores in large cites running out.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I agree... Sprint hasn't made a big push to advertise yet so all of us "insiders" should have no problem getting our hands on a Pre at least at a corp store on the 6th. My corp stores would not give me quantities (they said they didn't know) but I'm banking on what others have said about their own corp stores that have leaked quantities. I feel extremely confident that I'll have one at 8 am on Saturday without waiting more than 15-30 minutes.
    I should have started a new moronic post, but thought I would add just that there is a Subway in between my best buy and sprint stores, so I won't be hungry on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    I should have started a new moronic post, but thought I would add just that there is a Subway in between my best buy and sprint stores, so I won't be hungry on Saturday.
    That would be an awesome terrible new thread: "What will you be eating while waiting for your Pre?"

I don't think I've ticked anyone off in a few days, so maybe I'll go ahead and post it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Good luck on Saturday. I'm hoping if I can't get one from the Sprint corporate store Saturday that i can get one at Best Buy Mobile about 2 miles away. I'm really starting to get antsy now lol.
  8.    #8  
    Actually, the guy on the phone mentioned it was next to a McDonald's, too - so I guess I can pick up a greasy breakfast sandwich either before or after I get the Pre at Sprint or Best Buy... ah, the choices we Americans have

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That would be an awesome terrible new thread: "What will you be eating while waiting for your Pre?"

I don't think I've ticked anyone off in a few days, so maybe I'll go ahead and post it.
    man it's SOO close!!! The countdown widget says 3 days 10 hours 33 minutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Actually, the guy on the phone mentioned it was next to a McDonald's, too - so I guess I can pick up a greasy breakfast sandwich either before or after I get the Pre at Sprint or Best Buy... ah, the choices we Americans have
    Haha. The Sprint store I'll be going to is in a outdoor mall surrounded by a Krispy kreme(don't know if that right), BK, Subway, and some other places. lol
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Make sure you pick up extra napkins. Dont want any of that grease all over your new screen!
  12.    #12  
    Tru dat

Quote Originally Posted by fdezarra View Post
    Make sure you pick up extra napkins. Dont want any of that grease all over your new screen!