Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    People like me who switched their old sero to family plan sero or the new sero, might have trouble purchasing the Pre because they cannot access our accounts, same for 3rd party Sprint stores, Sprint Corporate stores will be best bet with less hassle. I remember people running into this problem with the Touch Pro when it first came out, best buy was giving people a hard time. It can be done though if ur persistent....
    And of course you know there is no Palm Pre on a SERO account, right?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    And of course you know there is no Palm Pre on a SERO account, right?
    I think he's talking about the Everything Plus Referral plans.
    I think he means the EPRP
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Ah, I get it! Carry on then.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Yes he is. If you have a ERP plan, you should go to a Sprint store or call the order in.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    yea just wanted to give a heads up to the Refferal plans, its possible though, but I would hate for us to camp out at a best buy and the employee that day wont take their time messing with the special accounts
    I currently have SERO, should it be easy for a Sprint store to port my number to a new everything plus referral plan?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    I currently have SERO, should it be easy for a Sprint store to port my number to a new everything plus referral plan?
    Im on the same boat, don't know whether I should doit on the phone with a Sprint customer service rep now or wait till Saturday and go to a sprint corporate store ? hmmmm
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I spoke to 2 local Best Buy stores and their mobile reps said that they can still handle the EPRP plans, they just have to call in to Sprint since they can't see the plans themselves. So before you give up hope, you may want to head to your local BB this week and find someone who can answer that question for you. No guarantees of course, but the 2 BB stores by me seem willing to get this to work.

EDIT: for those of you who still need to transfer from an old SERO plan to the new EPRP, then I would probably do that before you get to BB. I was referring mainly to the ability of BB to sell you a Pre if you happen to have an EPRP plan.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    Im on the same boat, don't know whether I should doit on the phone with a Sprint customer service rep now or wait till Saturday and go to a sprint corporate store ? hmmmm
    i dont think anyone will be able to convert you to the new SERO plan, I would call in and do it to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    The Sprint store can't actually convert the account themselves. They will call it in just like you would if you call to order the Pre. So you can either call yourself and do the same thing a Sprint store will do or you can go to the store and have them do it for you.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

My experience with a bestbuy and sero was a pretty painless one. I let the rep know that i had a special account that he had to call in when i was switching over to a blackberry which wasnt compatible with the regular sero plan. He just spoke to a rep which switched over my plan and i was on my way without any ordeal.
    I converted from SERO to EPRP Monday.
    So can a 3rd party Sprint store sell me a Pre?
    A plan's a plan right?
    As long as you already have a Pre compatible plan, you should be able to buy it anywhere, BB, Corp or 3rd party, right?
    Please tell me I can go my local 3rd party store and buy a Pre and not have to drive 45 minutes to the latest corp store or even worse, wait til it's available on Telesales.
    ^ Yes, your fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    ^ Yes, your fine.
    Phew!
    Still, I'm going to stop by the place before Saturday just to make sure.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    A plan's a plan right?
    As long as you already have a Pre compatible plan, you should be able to buy it anywhere, BB, Corp or 3rd party, right?
    Please tell me I can go my local 3rd party store and buy a Pre and not have to drive 45 minutes to the latest corp store or even worse, wait til it's available on Telesales.
    yea I just checked with a 3rd party dealer, they are able to access my account I gave them my phone number and they had no issues into looking at my plan
    Just a little warning: I spent close to three hours on the phone with Sprint yesterday morning, trying to get my SERO plan changed over to an Everything Plus Referral Program plan. I was one of the people whose plan was not showing up in their system as a SERO plan, but as a regular Fair & Flexible plan, even though it was a SERO plan and I've been paying the SERO rate. I spoke to one clueless person after another (4 in total, not counting all of their supervisors who had to get involved). I made no progress until, after being transferred for the fourth time, I told the person who answered that Sprint was 60 seconds away from losing me as a customer. Somehow, things then got resolved (or so I was assured; I'm still seeing my old plan details when I look up my account online).

I just thought I'd share this cautionary tale to let those of you who might be in a similar situation know that you may want to get your SERO to EPRP switch dealt with now, in case you run into the kind of problems that I did. In particular, if you are a SERO customer but your plan shows up as a regular Fair & Flexible plan when you look up your account details, you may have an issue. Of course, you may be lucky enough to speak to someone with a clue right from the start, and not have to endure three hours of bad hold music and a guy who pretends to know what you're talking about and repeatedly refers to your "Sierra" plan (apparently what he heard when I said "SERO"), and tells you that he thinks you can switch to the new referral plan online by going to sprint.com/sierra (yes, this really happened).
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumkitten View Post
    Just a little warning: I spent close to three hours on the phone with Sprint yesterday morning, trying to get my SERO plan changed over to an Everything Plus Referral Program plan. I was one of the people whose plan was not showing up in their system as a SERO plan, but as a regular Fair & Flexible plan, even though it was a SERO plan and I've been paying the SERO rate. I spoke to one clueless person after another (4 in total, not counting all of their supervisors who had to get involved). I made no progress until, after being transferred for the fourth time, I told the person who answered that Sprint was 60 seconds away from losing me as a customer. Somehow, things then got resolved (or so I was assured; I'm still seeing my old plan details when I look up my account online).

I just thought I'd share this cautionary tale to let those of you who might be in a similar situation know that you may want to get your SERO to EPRP switch dealt with now, in case you run into the kind of problems that I did. In particular, if you are a SERO customer but your plan shows up as a regular Fair & Flexible plan when you look up your account details, you may have an issue. Of course, you may be lucky enough to speak to someone with a clue right from the start, and not have to endure three hours of bad hold music and a guy who pretends to know what you're talking about and repeatedly refers to your "Sierra" plan (apparently what he heard when I said "SERO"), and tells you that he thinks you can switch to the new referral plan online by going to sprint.com/sierra (yes, this really happened).
    I am assuming you talked to customer service? If so, then there is your first mistake! Those guys are clueless. I've been told blatantly wrong information many times in the past. I would talk to e-care, retentions or tech support. Naturally, tech support will have a longer wait in most cases.

I had retentions combine my sero account and my father's sero account so that it would be easy for us to switch to the Everything Data Family plan when we made our final decision.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    A plan's a plan right?
    I'm in the same boat as you. Here are some bits of info that may encourage or discourage you:

I've talked to 2 different Best Buy mobile sales people, who said that YES they can activate a Pre for someone who has one of these EPRP plans. They said that since they can't really do much with these plans in their system, they just end up calling Sprint to get the activation handled.

Now the bad news: I talked to 3 different Telesales reps (888-882-4030) who all said NO - stores should NOT be allowed to sell you a Pre if you have one of those plans - only Telesales can do it.

At this point I have no idea who's right and who's wrong. If I was a betting person, I'd bet on the side of the Best Buy reps since Sprint reps can't walk down the street and chew gum at the same time. But nevertheless it throws some additional question marks into the whole thing.

If you have the time, I'd encourage you to make a few calls yourself and see if you can glean any additional info. I plan to stop by my local BB tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get a better comfort level from them before I get up early and stand in line on Saturday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast