Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread if for the palm pre obsessed in Michigan.

Game on in 3 days.

I have my supply list already going
    Water
    Empty bottle (hey the water has to go somewhere!) ...Yeah I said it...
    Chair
    Blanket
    Entertainment (this includes my old POS Q9C)

What am I worried about....

All of YOU getting there before me....
    The weather (though it appears to be rain free that night/day).
    Will they deliver pizza to me sitting in front of the sprint store?
    Will I be the only one sitting out front until early in the morning?
    Will people make fun of me? Well this one is already answered... my coworkers already are...most own apple products (someone has got to pay the *TAX* - they love it whan I say that....)

Obessed...na.... <Precentera.net><REFRESH>

Oh yeah....southeast Michigan (Downriver as we call it)
    Last edited by cbloom164; 06/03/2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Hey there - fellow Michigander here.

Southeast Michigan as well. Where are you at downriver? Are you camping out at a Sprint Corporate store?
    I am also southeast MI. I am camping at a Sprint Corporate store.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ha we're all afraid to say where we are going. I'll be more north than down river, up 94 a ways and most likely going to Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mocomber View Post
    Ha we're all afraid to say where we are going. I'll be more north than down river, up 94 a ways and most likely going to Best Buy.
    LOL ...

I noticed that too. Saturday morning should be pretty funny. A bunch of phone nerds driving around acting fishy trying to decide where to go.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm in SW Michigan myself (Kalamazoo). I'm hoping someone posts the number of Pres that are coming to the Best Buy store #403 so I can decide if I'm going to wait at a Sprint corp store or at Best Buy
    I'm gonna check out the situation at my local stores late Friday/early Saturday here in the Lansing/East Lansing area. Anybody else from around here?
    Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    I'm in SW Michigan myself (Kalamazoo). I'm hoping someone posts the number of Pres that are coming to the Best Buy store #403 so I can decide if I'm going to wait at a Sprint corp store or at Best Buy
    Just call the store and give the phone operator the sku for the Pre (9337595) and when they say they don't have any in-stock just ask them how many are "on-order". The people working the phones usually aren't in the know as far as what they aren't supposed to say so they will most likely tell you.
  9.    #9  
    I have a inside source at store #401 (taylor). They are working to try to find out how many. Last I checked they didn't have any info (circa 1:30 pm est 6/2/2009)

By "source" I mean someone that works there... (it just sounds more spy'ish if I say "SOURCE")
    Last edited by cbloom164; 06/03/2009 at 02:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hahaha yeah "source" sounds a lot cooler. Keep me posted if you hear anything about #403. I hate mail-in rebates.
    In MI here. Livonia area.

There are a few corporate stores not too far from me. I'll be driving by a few times before I decide to wait it out. I won't be the first in line, but 2nd or 3rd will be fine. I'll be bringing my netbook teatherd to my soon to be retired BB 8830. That's a feature I am going to miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbloom164 View Post
    I have a inside source at that store. They are working to try to find out how many. Last I checked they didn't have any info (circa 1:30 pm est 6/2/2009)

By "source" I mean someone that works there... (it just sounds more spy'ish if I say "SOURCE")
    Not to rag on your source, but how could they not know. All they have to do is type the sku into RSS and it will tell them. Unless the system is down it should take less than 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    In MI here. Livonia area.

There are a few corporate stores not too far from me. I'll be driving by a few times before I decide to wait it out. I won't be the first in line, but 2nd or 3rd will be fine. I'll be bringing my netbook teatherd to my soon to be retired BB 8830. That's a feature I am going to miss.
    I am also near Livonia (Royal Oak). I have no idea about stock levels unfortunately...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Not to rag on your source, but how could they not know. All they have to do is type the sku into RSS and it will tell them. Unless the system is down it should take less than 5 seconds.
    I didn't know the sku and at the time I talk to them, they didn't know the sku at that point either. They where going to go over to the mobile guys and talk to them to find out. I have not talk to my "SOURCE" since that time. I had a meeting to attend. I tried to call back but they were busy with a customer. I will find out tonight or tomorrow.
    I used to work at BBY #402 up until a year ago. I will probably buy it there but not the day of as I have a vacation on the 11th and with the buyout deadline on June 5th my contacts will be gone from the store so I will have to play it by ear once I get back.

Adam
    I'm in Garden City. I got on a list last week and I stopped by today to double check the list. and to make sure they were still honoring the list and hadn't changed their minds. I just told them my name and they confirmed the place in line they gave me last week. Sweet. They let me know that I had one guaranteed, and to just show up at 8 or a later it didn't matter. They would hold it for me. So I plan on stopping by Starbucks, getting a nice cup of coffee and strolling right into the store around 8am. Good Luck on Saturday guys.
    I live in a little suburb of Detroit. Thinking about Best Buy, but I think I will get better service at a Sprint...and I'd get it earlier lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    I live in a little suburb of Detroit. Thinking about Best Buy, but I think I will get better service at a Sprint...and I'd get it earlier lol.
    Look at the link before you go, (8th picture) so you don't go to a best buy that only has one or isn't getting any. There are only 125 between all the stores in Michigan.

Best Buy's Palm Pre Inventory Leaked
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Look at the link before you go, (8th picture) so you don't go to a best buy that only has one or isn't getting any. There are only 125 between all the stores in Michigan.
    So I just got some info (from my source :-P ) on store #401 they are getting some. At this point less than 23 from what they told me. So as of now I don't believe that "leaked" info on B.B. inventory is very accurate.

Looks like I will be getting up at 3am after all
    Last edited by cbloom164; 06/03/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Yeah westland is getting over 20 and the Taylor(southland mall) is getting 30.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast