Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Where you're buying, what time, how many pres the different stores will have etc.

I have 2 Sprint stores near me in central Jersey - East Brunswick & Piscataway. Planning on checking back with them to see what time they are planning on opening for this Saturday.
    I am severely trying to avoid going to a Sprint Store....I have found the best Sprint Customer service is not dealing with a Sprint rep at all.

Since I am way more southern jersey than you...I do have the option of Philly too. Just noticed there is a Radio Shack near my office that doesnt open til Thursday...I am hoping they will be recieving PRE's with their grand opening...and be lucky enough Saturady to get in at 9 w/out many people knowing this one is even open.

If not I am going to check with the RS directly behind my house...if they have them in, more than likely I will get it there. I've found the RS guys are honestly more enjoyable to deal with than Sprint reps. I just want to stay away from a Sprint store, as even with the one CSR I've talked to at a mall, was still unhelpful at all....seemed more like he just cared bout getting one for himself.
    I'm in northern NJ. There is a Sprint Store and a Best Buy in the Rockaway Mall, plus a few independent Sprint stores in the area. I've found a small indy shop where I'll be doing the deed. This place seems to cater to high school kids and folks who need rugged phones, not so much the smart phone crowd. The guy there expects his inventory for opening day to be sufficient to meet his demand and have a few left over. He might even open early that morning and let folks play with his demo unit. That's my plan anyway:

Early breakfast at the local diner.
    Home briefly to "take care of business".
    Sprint Store at 7:30 AM (5 minutes from my house).
    I went into a Radio Shack today and pretended I didn't know the Pre existed. Sales girl tried to sell me a Treo Pro since I had a Treo 755p. I told her I really like my Treo, she then said "there's a new Palm phone coming out on Saturday on the 4G network". I said I read about it online and it looked really cool. She said they would be selling it this Saturday, and if I wanted she could hold me one even though she's not supposed to. She checked my account to see if I qualified for the upgrade price, I did since I've had the 755p since the day it came out. I said that'd be cool and I'd really appreciate it. She said I get in at 2 so come to the store then. She gave me her card. Me being OCD, I left the store then went back in and asked if I could call her Friday to make sure she is going to be able to hold it, if not I'd go somewhere else. She said she'll definitely have one for me, but to call if it made me feel better, lol. I'm a little nervous to wait until 2pm...
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post

Early breakfast at the local diner.
    Home briefly to "take care of business".
    Sprint Store at 7:30 AM (5 minutes from my house).

Ha sorry I laughed at that...sounds like me....thankfully if I do go to the one RS behind my house its just a simple walk. I think driving there would take me more time including actually parking.

Just wondering though....the owner of that store give you any indication of how many PRE's he was getting??? Im just curious to what a small store would be getting....considering my Radio Shack is relatively as close as you can get to a small store.
    He says he's getting 10 initially, and only 5 (including mine) are spoken for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I went into a Radio Shack today and pretended I didn't know the Pre existed. Sales girl tried to sell me a Treo Pro since I had a Treo 755p. I told her I really like my Treo, she then said "there's a new Palm phone coming out on Saturday on the 4G network". I said I read about it online and it looked really cool. She said they would be selling it this Saturday, and if I wanted she could hold me one even though she's not supposed to. She checked my account to see if I qualified for the upgrade price, I did since I've had the 755p since the day it came out. I said that'd be cool and I'd really appreciate it. She said I get in at 2 so come to the store then. She gave me her card. Me being OCD, I left the store then went back in and asked if I could call her Friday to make sure she is going to be able to hold it, if not I'd go somewhere else. She said she'll definitely have one for me, but to call if it made me feel better, lol. I'm a little nervous to wait until 2pm...
    What area Jersey are you? I kind of have a feeling my Radio Shack will be able to hold me one if they are getting it launch day(Or already have it).....I live right behind the store, I mean come on help me out a little. And I will enticen the deal by promising to buy a new bluetooth headset and whatever else I felt I needed there if they can do that for me. Do something for me and I will sweeten the deal(More sales=more money) for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    He says he's getting 10 initially, and only 5 (including mine) are spoken for.
    That is good numbers to hear....I will do anything to not have to go to a Sprint store...and Best Buy is out of the question as that place is always ridiculously busy in my area.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm looking at the Brick- Eatontown area
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrownfan View Post
    I'm looking at the Brick- Eatontown area
    ATLEAST I know I wont have any competition from you guys
    Anyone near the atlantic county area?
    Im south, but Im on the west side by Philly so I think Atlantic is all yours
    any luck with getting inventory numbers from any stores in your area? Everyone here says they dont have a clue as of now
    There is a Radio Shack near my office, but it isnt open yet(Grand Opening Thursday). Seems like it will be a more advance Radio Shack...so Im waiting til Thursday to see if/what their inventory for the PRE will be.

The one RS behind my house I will check tonight....if its a good number(Or if they will have it launch), I will certainly post for you, giving your store info. No reason cant help ya out.

Im NOT dealing with a Sprint store or Best Buy, and I have no clue about trying out Walmart.
    Yea all the radio shacks near me seem to think they will not have it on lunch day. The sprint stores obv will but dont seem to have any info on the number of pres they will have. and all the best buys and wal marts near me dont sell sprint so i dont think they will carry the pre.
    North Bergen area. Going to the Sprint Store in North Bergen. Tried the 3 local RSes in the area(that were on the list). One was clueless(Union City), the other gave me some story about supplies being focused on BestBuy(how would an RS employee know this? West New York) and 3rd one gave me a response of they SHOULD have Pre phones on the 6th. Key word "should", Edgewater. Not gonna bother with Seacaucus BestBuy cause that place is usually bad news. North Bergen Sprint store plans to open at 8AM.
    Hmm I cant imagine that a RS that is doing a Grand Opening wont have any PRE's but its possible if they are focusing on BB and Sprint stores.....which IMO is stupid.

I really dont want to deal with a Sprint rep...cause even if its the CSR that has handle the PRE, I still doubt they will know more than me about the phone.
    I'm in the Gloucester County area...there are 2 official Sprint stores, a Sprint kiosk in the mall and a Best Buy within a few miles of my home. My action plan is to hit BB first to avoid the mail in rebate, then I will try the other locations. Since these places are all within 10 minutes of each other, I am thinking I should have no trouble snagging one. How many people will be up that early in my area searching for a Pre, right?! As a last resort, I may give Radio Shack a try...but I don't really like them.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flashrocco View Post
    Anyone near the atlantic county area?
    Im in Atlantic County and am a Premier Customer. Im going to Sprint Friday (Premier customers WILL receive an email invite on the 4th ). If not, I was gonna go to Sprint Corp. Store in Mays Landing--with much chagrin because their service is HORRIBLE.
    Bergen County here. I plan on calling a few of the Radio Shacks in my area tomorrow or Thursday to see if they're going to get some in stock. I'm about 80% sure I want the Pre, but I want to hold it in my hand first.

I only say 80% because I'm on Verizon now and don't know anyone with Sprint around here to confirm the strength of coverage. Also, with rumors of Sprint stores being restocked daily, I might wait a week to see how the reviews are.
    Right now, looks like I'll head to the East Brunswick Sprint store on Rt 18. Went there yesterday and tried to get more info, but nothing so far. Hopefully they'll actually let us know when they'll open, how many pres they'll have, etc. within the next few days.

I live less than a mile from the Sprint store and the Best Buy around there, so I'll start checking out any lines around 6am. Crossing my fingers that I can get a Pre that morning! If not...at least I'll be going to Seaside right after to take my mind off of it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast