Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 94
  1. #61  
    Guys & Gals,

    I'm going to be in West Orange, NJ on Saturday for a wedding. We should be getting in the area between 11am and noon. I want to try and grab a phone while she's getting ready.

    Does anyone have any info on stores in that area.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #62  
    Took a look at the list of stores near west orange/Orange NJ and there seems to be no corporate stores in the immediate area but 3 Resellers. In East Hanover there is one , im not sure of the area but thats a short drive I think.


    1) Sprint Store By P.C.S. Superstore


    305 Main St
    Orange, NJ 7050
    (973) 675-2200

    2) Sprint Store By Bnj Communications


    487 Bloomfield Ave
    Caldwell, NJ 7006
    (973) 618-1414

    3) Sprint Store By Digital Express Pcs


    10 Franklin St
    Bloomfield, NJ 7003
    (973) 743-4400


    4) Sprint Store By P.C.S. Superstore


    1031 Springfield Ave
    Irvington, NJ 7111
    (973) 399-3966
    This is a ReadyNow store

    5) Sprint Store


    320 State Route 10 West
    East Hanover, NJ 7936
    (973) 428-1241
  3. #63  
    I went to the website and only found 2 corporate stores, East Hanover like VaccPalm suggested or Newark. I think I'll try for East Hanover.
  4. #64  
    I'm in Camden County (collingswood) but I work across Gloucester, Salem and Cumberland counties all the time. I'm just gonna get it where I can.

    Theres a radio shack down the street from me, but they're sorta clueless so I'll probably just avoid them.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Yes, they called me on Monday to give me the info I just gave you. I explained that I had an appointment at 9:30 so I probably couldn't get there until around 11. They said no problem--just get there by the end of the day.

    It IS a small town. I had never heard of it until I moved to a neighboring town a year and half ago. But the store is 2.5 miles from me, and they were the only ones who sounded confident at any time and who followed up with me. Sprint Corp in Deptford was clueless.

    Make sure you realize that it's GibbsTOWN in Gloucester Co, not GibbsBORO in Camden County! Just give them a call. I want to say the guy's name if Joe, but I'm not positive.
    Sorry to hijack this info, but Thanks! I might check that store out. My parents live nearby there so I can also pretend I'm stopping by to see them. 2 birds. One stone.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Sorry to hijack this info, but Thanks! I might check that store out. My parents live nearby there so I can also pretend I'm stopping by to see them. 2 birds. One stone.
    Just to let you know....give the store a call. Not really sure who I talked to, but they are extremely helpful....alot better than any Sprint rep I have ever dealt with.

    Yes they will have PRE's, do have a list....but from the way he was saying things he should have a good amount. Small store in small town looking for business.
  7. kgirl58's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #67  
    Aren't they though? Unlike the corporate Sprint guy in Deptford who told me to wait for the sprint.com notification for which we all signed up for, because it would tell me which store had my reserved Pre and when to show up on Saturday. Yeah, right.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Aren't they though? Unlike the corporate Sprint guy in Deptford who told me to wait for the sprint.com notification for which we all signed up for, because it would tell me which store had my reserved Pre and when to show up on Saturday. Yeah, right.
    Yeah, I heard that too...Problem is, I'm not going to be near my local Sprint Store on Saturday, so I don't know how that is goiong to work! Balls...
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Aren't they though? Unlike the corporate Sprint guy in Deptford who told me to wait for the sprint.com notification for which we all signed up for, because it would tell me which store had my reserved Pre and when to show up on Saturday. Yeah, right.
    Well aslong as this guy wasnt BS'ing, then he will have a new long term customer and will certainly be referring anyone I know to there.

    And a bonus to them I need to buy a new bluetooth so more money for them.
  10. #70  
    i'm in the south jersey, right outside philly situation as well. looking at the best buy store threads it doesn't look like any of them will be carrying the pre in our area. i stopped in radio shack yesterday and asked the rep if he'll have one since it's within walking distance of my home and he never heard of the pre. i might stop in again today because he said they receive shipments on fridays.

    if that falls through i'm debating which sprint store to go to. the one in deptford near the mall is the only one that opens at 9AM in the area. but does anyone know if they plan on adjusting their hours for the pre's arrival? i doubt it, but it would be nice to know. the other store is the turnersville store on route 42. it's the closest to my home and they open at 10. both of those stores are sprint corp stores.

    decisions, decisions.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    i'm in the south jersey, right outside philly situation as well. looking at the best buy store threads it doesn't look like any of them will be carrying the pre in our area. i stopped in radio shack yesterday and asked the rep if he'll have one since it's within walking distance of my home and he never heard of the pre. i might stop in again today because he said they receive shipments on fridays.

    if that falls through i'm debating which sprint store to go to. the one in deptford near the mall is the only one that opens at 9AM in the area. but does anyone know if they plan on adjusting their hours for the pre's arrival? i doubt it, but it would be nice to know. the other store is the turnersville store on route 42. it's the closest to my home and they open at 10. both of those stores are sprint corp stores.

    decisions, decisions.
    You sound even closer to this area than I am....try Connective Concepts in Gibbstown(Thanks to kgirl). I talked to them yesterday, possibly the owner, took my name down to put one on "hold" for me. Said it wouldnt be an all day hold, but I told him id be there 8 on the dot anyway.

    Seemed real honest, and intuitive. So as long as im not getting bs'd here...I could have a new phone retailer that I will always refer people to.

    Try giving them a call, can easily google for their site. Im not even bothering with BB, or Sprint....and Im almost positive now that RS is not getting them Saturday.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    You sound even closer to this area than I am....try Connective Concepts in Gibbstown(Thanks to kgirl). I talked to them yesterday, possibly the owner, took my name down to put one on "hold" for me. Said it wouldnt be an all day hold, but I told him id be there 8 on the dot anyway.

    Seemed real honest, and intuitive. So as long as im not getting bs'd here...I could have a new phone retailer that I will always refer people to.

    Try giving them a call, can easily google for their site. Im not even bothering with BB, or Sprint....and Im almost positive now that RS is not getting them Saturday.
    yeah, i saw that a few posts up. it's definitely an alternative. i'm just having a hard time believing there will be THAT much hype for this phone. i havent' talked to anyone who has any desire to get it and only a handful have even heard of it. i really have a gut feeling there won't be much difficulty walking into a store tomorrow and picking one up. pretty much any sprint store should be as good as the next.
  13. #73  
    I just called my local Sprint Store in North Bergen, and they said that people who signed up and got the email need to bring it tomorrow morning at 8AM. UGH! And I never got the email.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    yeah, i saw that a few posts up. it's definitely an alternative. i'm just having a hard time believing there will be THAT much hype for this phone. i havent' talked to anyone who has any desire to get it and only a handful have even heard of it. i really have a gut feeling there won't be much difficulty walking into a store tomorrow and picking one up. pretty much any sprint store should be as good as the next.
    Eh im just not a fan of sprint "corporate" reps. One they will not know as much about the phone as me....sorry, Im a tech guy, not involed with sales, I do my research for use not for making a sale. So id rather just stay away from a Sprint store period.

    Now C&C sounds like they can be a really reliable place. If I did talk to the owner on the phone...im looking forward to him being there tomorrow morning and chatting it up with him...if he actually held me a phone.

    I dont know what to believe with the hype anymore....seems like you hear one thing from people in this thread....but a way different thing from store reps.

    But since I will probably be out late tonight anyway....Im sure I will pass by some Sprint Store or RS, maybe BB...just to see if there are actually people out there.
  15. #75  
    how do you get on this "email list?" i'm currently a verizon customer if that matters. can't wait to drop them!!
  16. #76  
    I was able to get a local store to hold one for me. I called LOTS of stores. SprintPCS stores were the least helpful. But Best Buy, WalMart, RadioShack, and independent SprintPCS stores were more helpful. Many stated exactly how many units they had.

    I just received the email from Sprint an hour ago saying to show up at 8am. (When I called the store myself, not identifying myself as Premier, they said they are NOT opening early. They didn't even bother to ask, hey man, are you premier?).

    Persistence, phone calls, paid off for me (I hope... we'll see tomorrow morning!)
  17. njg0ddess's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I just called my local Sprint Store in North Bergen, and they said that people who signed up and got the email need to bring it tomorrow morning at 8AM. UGH! And I never got the email.
    I never got my email either and im kinda pissed!!!!!!
  18. #78  
    I just preordered a Pre at a sprint dealer in Mount Ephraim...on the Black Horse Pike (168)...called Digital FM. They were super nice and had 5 Pre's in stock.

    He said he wasn't allowed to open a box and show one to me, but he showed me the box and let me toy around with the dummy phone. It felt great!
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I just preordered a Pre at a sprint dealer in Mount Ephraim...on the Black Horse Pike (168)...called Digital FM. They were super nice and had 5 Pre's in stock.

    He said he wasn't allowed to open a box and show one to me, but he showed me the box and let me toy around with the dummy phone. It felt great!
    wow, 5!?!?! that's all!?!? that one isn't far from me but i'm thinking about heading over to the corporate store in turnersville tomorrow. hope to be there around 7:30AM.
  20. #80  
    I stopped into the Rockaway store today around 2 PM. The gentleman there said they are opening at 8AM. And, that, he felt that I should try to get there before Noon if I wanted a PRE.

    He also said they are not doing anything tonight.
    Working smoke detectors save lives.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions