Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Going back to the person that said that they hardly know anyone who has Sprint, I can highly agree w/ that. Most people I know have Verizon or Iphones. The few people I know who Sprint either already has the Touch Pro or a phone for the Nextel advantage.

I really dont think itll be a problem finding the phone if the stores have reasonable amounts. But I cant speak for the whole general public in my area.
    I think a part of that goes to the fact that this area of NJ is ground zero for Version and AT&T. The verizon and AT&T labs are here . They started as NJ Bell in 1929 and today they still call Newark NJ home and AT&T called NJ home and the huge ATT research lab was here. NJ is Verizon/ATT land..Also the signal for Sprint stinks in some areas of NJ. I have been tempted a few times to switch to Verizon as I always see that I got one bar and my friends on there version and att phones got full bars but since Palm always comes out with new phones on Sprint I always change my mind. And I usually work in manhattan and Sprint has a great reception there .

Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Going back to the person that said that they hardly know anyone who has Sprint, I can highly agree w/ that. Most people I know have Verizon or Iphones. The few people I know who Sprint either already has the Touch Pro or a phone for the Nextel advantage.

I really dont think itll be a problem finding the phone if the stores have reasonable amounts. But I cant speak for the whole general public in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I think a part of that goes to the fact that this area of NJ is ground zero for Version and AT&T. The verizon and AT&T labs are here . They started as NJ Bell in 1929 and today they still call Newark NJ home and AT&T called NJ home and the huge ATT research lab was here. NJ is Verizon/ATT land..Also the signal for Sprint stinks in some areas of NJ. I have been tempted a few times to switch to Verizon as I always see that I got one bar and my friends on there version and att phones got full bars but since Palm always comes out with new phones on Sprint I always change my mind. And I usually work in manhattan and Sprint has a great reception there .
    You know I didnt even think of that....not even remembering that my own company is a vendor for Verizon.

So you are up in N. Jersey??? I live near the Philly area, and usually have phenominal service for Sprint. I've found it to be ALOT better than AT&T and havent really been able to compare it with Verizon.

I just really hope there is going to be ample amounts of PRE's out there...and this whole 2 per store is just crazy talk.
    Anyone hear any good options today? A Sprint reseller I talked to today, mentioned how NO Radio Shacks will have the PRE Saturday, but that could be just to get him business. Mentioning how he might only get 2 to 3 phones in.

This whole process seems so stupid in some cases. Like all hush hush. And I for one am NOT camping out or waiting in any lines, sorry.
    I spoke to a Sprint Authorized store in Freehold and they told me they might get a pre or two on Saturday but they didnt know. Called a RadioShack in Woodbridge and they said no Pre. Went to a Best Buy in the area and they are getting 4-6 Pres.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    well went to store today Best buy in east brunswick is only getting 2, The sprint store wont say anything but they are opening at 10 am, the store in the mall is suppose to open at 8am and the Iselin store said they were opening at 8 am so I said if I get there at around 6:30am I should be ok she said I would get there earlier if I were u.My experiences today .
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I guy at the East Brunswick Sprint store told me to expect an email from Palm (assuming you signed up on web site) regarding getting a Pre for June 6th. I don't know if it makes any sense, but it was like if you get that email you will get a Pre on launch day. Not sure if I believe that.
    I heard that same story from a woman at the East Brunswick store...She said Sprint would be E-mailing Premier Customers that signed up to receive the notifications in the next day or so, and that would guarantee us a Pre on Saturday morning...Personally, it sounds like they have no idea what they're talking about and they are just making it up as they go along, but like with so many things regarding this launch: We'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    Oh..thought you said 5 were spoken for
    Nick has 5 placed with "definite" buyers. Of course there is no guarantee these folks will show up and plunk down the cash on Saturday, but he says 5 will. This is just him gauging his customers and figuring out who is real and who is full of bull. Nobody has been promised one or been put on any kind of list.
    Yea Im not sure any places really know whats going on. The few places ive checked have said they are getting 2-3....while you hear other areas getting "plenty". Some dont even want to say what they are getting or even know. Whats the big deal Palm? give a general idea of how many PRE's will be out in certain areas so that atleast devoted customers know what they are dealing with.

And no offense to new customers, but for those of us that have stuck thru with Sprint for almost 10 years....we should get some special treatment.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Titan, not sure where you are in SJ, but a Sprint authorized dealer in Gibbstown called Connective Concepts has been very responsive to me. Last I heard they were opening at 8 am on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Titan, not sure where you are in SJ, but a Sprint authorized dealer in Gibbstown called Connective Concepts has been very responsive to me. Last I heard they were opening at 8 am on Saturday.
    They mention what kind of numbers they will have?
    The 2 sprint store in woodbridge I spoke with yesterday said they will have alot. I asked close to 100 and both said more than 50 .They did not plan on running out for hours. If they get 100 I doubt they will run out at all. These are the stores to go to in my opinion if your close by to woddbridge.I dont plan on waiting in line as its just a phone and Im not going nuts for a phone , If i dont get it Saturday then during the week or whenever the next shipments are BUT I will probally drive over at 9:30. They also mentioned again the Signing up at Sprint for the email but again I think thats junk.

309 Woodbridge Center
    Woodbridge, NJ 7095

Woodbridge Crossing
    5 Quality Way
    Iselin, NJ
    I wonder why they would say over 50? Just doesnt seem right compared to other stores. Well woodbrigde is down the turnpike I guess an early morning trip cant be too bad.
    I am not saying I believe them. I called the store in Eatontown last week and they told me ALOT, I called them yesterday and they said atleast 20. I honestly dont think they know how many they are getting until they actually recieve them OR and this is probally true. They are holding them for people and dont want anyone to know. I used to know a guy at my local sprint who held the 800W and Centro for me and gave it to me a day early. ( they all would hold a bunch for freidns and regulars) They do this for freinds and regulars. The stores might get 50 in BUT hold 20 for regulars. Happens all the time and we would never know.

The store in Woodbridge phone is (732) 326-0277 call them and let me know what they tell you. They also told me I needed the "EMAIL" again I dont think they have a clue.
    Honesltly probally the best thing anyone can do is jump on a NJ Transit train and go toi one of the stores in Manhattan liek the one by the HBO Building. NY City stores will have the most probally BUT also have longer lines if there are lines.But that would entail getting up REALLY early and traveling an hour on a train just for a phone.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Titan, they didn't, but in all honesty I didn't ask because I've been on a list for a while and had been following up regularly. They called me to say that I was #2 on the list and that although they were opening at 8 am it was mine so long as I showed up by close of business on Saturday. I don't personally know anyone in this area that wants one so I didn't think to ask. I'm sorry.
    I dont mind a drive, albeit not TOO long a drive, if Im almost assured that I will get a PRE. I've been trying to stay away from going to a Sprint Store as in honestly, I've found the best Sprint Customer service is not having to deal with one.

The people in there just irk me....I remember when I went to buy my Touch last year, they were severely trying to sell me something else cause they knew nothing on the Touch. I've done my research, I know what I want, dont try and point me in another direction. And when they look at my account thats when they realize how long I have had Sprint, and how I have stuck with them for so long. Hell I still have a 5% discount on my account from who even knows when.

Im gonna hit the store near my office on lunch, check another Radio Shack, and call that store in Woodbridge, so I can compare. Its not the end of the world if I cant get one Saturday, I will just be highly pissed with Sprint if I dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Titan, they didn't, but in all honesty I didn't ask because I've been on a list for a while and had been following up regularly. They called me to say that I was #2 on the list and that although they were opening at 8 am it was mine so long as I showed up by close of business on Saturday. I don't personally know anyone in this area that wants one so I didn't think to ask. I'm sorry.
    Ah no need to apologize, I can try giving them a call and see what they say....Gibbstown is probably a half hour little more from me so its a shorter distance. Have you talked to them recently?? Gibbstown is more of a small town I guess, so I wouldnt think there would be a lot of PRE-people out there.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yes, they called me on Monday to give me the info I just gave you. I explained that I had an appointment at 9:30 so I probably couldn't get there until around 11. They said no problem--just get there by the end of the day.

It IS a small town. I had never heard of it until I moved to a neighboring town a year and half ago. But the store is 2.5 miles from me, and they were the only ones who sounded confident at any time and who followed up with me. Sprint Corp in Deptford was clueless.

Make sure you realize that it's GibbsTOWN in Gloucester Co, not GibbsBORO in Camden County! Just give them a call. I want to say the guy's name if Joe, but I'm not positive.
    Nah I realize its Gibbstown....hopefully they can be as knowledgable with me as they were with you. All I want to do is be able to plug a store into my Touch's GPS saturday morning, follow the route, then never have to use my Touch again, except for business calls.

I just hate all the snob, snot nose reps in my area....they all say different things. One telling me ill need to be early and in line....sorry dude, aint happening. Atleast you guys(and girl lol) are giving me options....much appreciated.

And I will be highly p'od if you guys/girl get to post from your PRE before me ha ha.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast