Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I guy at the East Brunswick Sprint store told me to expect an email from Palm (assuming you signed up on web site) regarding getting a Pre for June 6th. I don't know if it makes any sense, but it was like if you get that email you will get a Pre on launch day. Not sure if I believe that.
    Im crossing my fingers on Radio Shack, as all of my Sprint stores are in major areas.
    Yeah they told me the same thing.

As a note , NJ might be the best place to get a pre. There are so many Sprint Stores in NJ thats its silly. Near me if I type in 10 miles there 5 alone and 18 in the 20 miles. The one that seemed to be to be the businest NJ store is that on in East brunswhich and the one on Route 18. But since they are busy they will get more pre's probally.

Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I guy at the East Brunswick Sprint store told me to expect an email from Palm (assuming you signed up on web site) regarding getting a Pre for June 6th. I don't know if it makes any sense, but it was like if you get that email you will get a Pre on launch day. Not sure if I believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah they told me the same thing.

As a note , NJ might be the best place to get a pre. There are so many Sprint Stores in NJ thats its silly. Near me if I type in 10 miles there 5 alone and 18 in the 20 miles. The one that seemed to be to be the businest NJ store is that on in East brunswhich and the one on Route 18. But since they are busy they will get more pre's probally.
    Yeah actually, the one I'm going to has another Sprint store about 3 blocks away. LOL.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I'm in northern NJ. There is a Sprint Store and a Best Buy in the Rockaway Mall, plus a few independent Sprint stores in the area. I've found a small indy shop where I'll be doing the deed. This place seems to cater to high school kids and folks who need rugged phones, not so much the smart phone crowd. The guy there expects his inventory for opening day to be sufficient to meet his demand and have a few left over. He might even open early that morning and let folks play with his demo unit. That's my plan anyway:

Early breakfast at the local diner.
    Home briefly to "take care of business".
    Sprint Store at 7:30 AM (5 minutes from my house).
    Hey rambo47, care to share the phone number and location of the sprint store you are talking about? I live about 25 minutes away, but wont mind traveling there If im guaranteed a pre. Thanks!
    Tried the Radio Shack behind my house. Well atleast the girl was very nice and highly excited about the PRE. But she at first said she didnt know when they would be in....was hoping for her to say they were already there.

Atleast she went and check her computer...was able to pull a sign for it but no sku #. Told me to call on friday and gave me a card with the number. I guess not sense saying I will hold you one if youre not even sure if youre getting it yet.

Tomorrow I will unfortunately talk to some Sprint stores in my area.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    titan, I'm in SJ and was told by the Radio Shack near me that no Radio Shack in SJ will have the Pre on launch day
    Hmm calling the store on Friday wont hurt...just trying to be hopeful. As Best Buy is not an option.

I guess I will have to force myself into a Sprint store tomorrow to here what these umm special CSR's will say.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post
    Hey rambo47, care to share the phone number and location of the sprint store you are talking about? I live about 25 minutes away, but wont mind traveling there If im guaranteed a pre. Thanks!
    Sprint Store by BNJ Communications
    718 Main St
    Boonton, NJ 7005
    (973) 299-9999

If you get one and I don't, expect a knock at your door!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I live in philly, work in Hamilton/Trenton area so will be getting the Pre hopefully saturday morning from the Sprint Store in Hamilton(if no Premiere Email). NO Radioshacks i called within 20 miles seem to have a clue what i'm talking about and the ones that did didn't seem to know when they were getting shipments. It seems the early reports were true, only a select few radioshacks will be getting the PRe
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sprint Store by BNJ Communications
    718 Main St
    Boonton, NJ 7005
    (973) 299-9999

If you get one and I don't, expect a knock at your door!
    haha...since it seems you plan on getting there at 7:30am you will must likely beat me to the phone. is the store taking pre-orders or 1st come..1st serve?

Thanks!
    Yeah one of the things I like about parts of NJ. Its rural to an extent BUT so close and assopciated with NY that there are so many of the same stores so close. I remmeebr the WII hysteria. there are 5-8 game stops in driving distance around me, I went to gamestop and just picked one up , no real lines. too many stores and not enough people. Same thing with sprint stores. so many here. Im sure there will be some lines but not alot. too many stores in such a small area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Yeah actually, the one I'm going to has another Sprint store about 3 blocks away. LOL.
    You know I don't understand why stores wouldn't do pre-orders like they do for games? Seems so much easier to do and atleast u know where your count is.

So my south jersey people what stores we hitting? I think I might try and find a smaller low key sprint store to stalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebandit View Post
    haha...since it seems you plan on getting there at 7:30am you will must likely beat me to the phone. is the store taking pre-orders or 1st come..1st serve?

Thanks!
    No reserves. First come, first served.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    No reserves. First come, first served.
    Oh..thought you said 5 were spoken for
    Why do some people(not specifically in NJ) say that stores will have plenty and other say you need to get there early??? The count just seems way off now. And Im not a fan of forcing myself to get up early on a Saturday to drive around to find a phone.

Yea the PRE is beautiful....but is it pretty enough to miss valuable sleep....after a drunken night out?
    Well all 5 Sprint stores I spoke to in NJ told me 10am ( I have a feeling that may change to 8 as we get closer to Sat) and they had plenty for anyone there by 10am but couldnt garentee they would not sell out before the end of the day. Personally I will not wait on no lines for a phone. My goodness its a phone and it dosnet do anythign new that my phone I already have does. 1 store also said shippments will be in again by tuesday so whats a few days. I pobally will drive by like 9:30 and see . if 15 people or less I will get out, more than that I will come back later in the day and get on the list for Tuesdays shippment. I am so interested to see Saturday morning , I still know nobody who cares about the PRE and the ones that know what it is laugh at it. ( Iphone and BB users) . In my circle so far no one cares. I saw more interest for the Storm then this phone. Them again NJ is Verizon territory. Im the only one who has Sprint that I know and I am serious. I know about 20 Versions users and 10-12 At&t ussers. I know zero Sprint users .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/02/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    I had to go to Washington DC this weekend, and will be in S NJ Saturday, and possibly Friday night. The actual town in Egg Harbour, NJ, and very close to Atlantic city.

I would appreciate any information on stores in that area that will have the Pre. My preference (in order)

Best Buy
    Radio Shack
    Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I went into a Radio Shack today and pretended I didn't know the Pre existed. Sales girl tried to sell me a Treo Pro since I had a Treo 755p. I told her I really like my Treo, she then said "there's a new Palm phone coming out on Saturday on the 4G network". I said I read about it online and it looked really cool. She said they would be selling it this Saturday, and if I wanted she could hold me one even though she's not supposed to. She checked my account to see if I qualified for the upgrade price, I did since I've had the 755p since the day it came out. I said that'd be cool and I'd really appreciate it. She said I get in at 2 so come to the store then. She gave me her card. Me being OCD, I left the store then went back in and asked if I could call her Friday to make sure she is going to be able to hold it, if not I'd go somewhere else. She said she'll definitely have one for me, but to call if it made me feel better, lol. I'm a little nervous to wait until 2pm...

Yeah, I had the exact same situation in a RS near me.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I will be in AC friday night so I plan on either not sleeping and heading to the closest store or getting like an hours rest and going...regardless im leaving everyone im with to head to the Sprint store..I will go to far lengths to walk out of there on saturday with a Pre....ive been waiting tooo long
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast