Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    local people still going out to get these? i have not called around yet, just wondering. (leander/austin here)
    For those in Houston...at 4:00 pm the Sprint store on the feeder of Hwy 59 at Hilcroft had a handfull left (around 5). I just got my Pre there. I'd call to see if they have any left first - a guy came in after me and bought one. Good luck.

Doug
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    Hey fellow Texans (San Antonian here).....I couldn't sleep last night because I was so paranoid that I wasn't going to get a phone. So I ended up at my local Sprint at 3:15 AM! I had some people join me around 5AM and the employees started showing up around 6. The first 7 of us got an aluminum Pre water bottle! WOOHOO! By 8 there were about 35 or so people in line. Domingo (#4) asked how many Pres the store had and they STILL wouldn't tell us! WTF?!

I hope everyone got their Pre's and is enjoying them; I know I am!!!! Thank you PreCentral family!

**There was a VERY nice gentleman that was 2nd in line (I was FIRST!!!). Richard if you are out there, I'm so sorry that I didn't talk to you after we got in the store. I was so damn excited once I got my Pre that I bolted out of there before anyone could see it, touch it, or think about trying to steal it from me. I know where your wife works, so I will go by there and leave a message for you. I'm so glad that you were in line with me because it made the time go by so much faster to have you to talk to.**

I lurve my Pre!
    Last edited by hopalee; 06/06/2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: add city
    I bought mine this morning from a reseller - and I will never go back to a Sprint corp store again! Well, except to buy the Touchstone with my 25% off coupon. They were very nice and professional (*looked* like a Sprint store) and though the process was a little slow, all went well. They had a list and folks on the list got in an hour before the store opened - I was on the list because I called them 10 days ago by accident.

Man, this is a cool phone!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Got my Pre at the Sprint Corp store across from Town East Mall in Mesquite at around 10am. Total time in store 40 minutes, I let them transfer my contact information that took 20 min. They said there was no line at 8am but they sold out of touchstones the first 10 minutes they where open. The Mockingbird Lane store had long lines and people arriving early.
    Got the charger and clear swivel case. Needed something to keep it from getting the face scratched while in my purse. The leather case just looked cheesy to me.They had 15 Pre's on hand when i left.
    best buy in austin and round rock just got a few in. But there is a waiting list. But thought i would give you guys a heads up
    Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    Got my Pre at the Sprint Corp store across from Town East Mall in Mesquite at around 10am. Total time in store 40 minutes, I let them transfer my contact information that took 20 min. They said there was no line at 8am but they sold out of touchstones the first 10 minutes they where open. The Mockingbird Lane store had long lines and people arriving early.
    Got the charger and clear swivel case. Needed something to keep it from getting the face scratched while in my purse. The leather case just looked cheesy to me.They had 15 Pre's on hand when i left.
    Wow, we were probably sitting there at the same time.
    does anyone know hot to foward text messages?????????, havin a bit of a difficulty on these!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief09 View Post
    does anyone know hot to foward text messages?????????, havin a bit of a difficulty on these!
    not available on the pre... yet.. you can search the main forum for this topic.
    I was actually planning to buy mine this afternoon, but evidently none are to be found in the Greater Houston area. I'm #2 in line at a best buy, and the sprint store wanted me to wait behind 10 paying customers (for other products) just to get a chance to sign my name to the waiting list, so I kindly got the hell away from there.

I'll try again next week I guess.
    any one know where to get some in the austin area?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I went to a Radio Shack in Houston on 6/22/09 to ask about buying a Pre.
    The sales person said that none of the RS stores in the Houston area are currently selling the Pre. She said that, at launch, due to the limited supply, only a few certain stores were given a few Pre's to sell. Now, none of the RS stores are getting any more, but once the supply line catches up, they might start carrying them in awhile, possibly in August.
    I am strongly considering getting mine from Radio Shack because their replacement plan is way cheaper than anyone else's, but I don't know if I can wait that long.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345