Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Alright, well finally I joined after lurking here for a while.
    I'm in College Station, and I have a friend over at a third party store (on Villa Maria-- for anyone that may be in CS), and the last i heard, that store was not selling any pre's to anyone except for people starting new lines of service. Nooone that was upgrading or resigning (for another 2 year contract) or anything else could get a pre from that store. You HAD to be starting a new line of service. This may have changed in the last few days, since it seems like everything has been changing, but that was the last I heard. I'm going to try and make it over to the corporate sprint store tomorrow and see if they will tell me anything.
    Wow, someone else from College Station. I've called Bestbuy a few times and the number is still 2. The corporate store near Starbucks should have "enough." Radioshack had no idea what I was talking about. I don't have any other info on other locations around town. I was thinking about going to Bestbuy, but I don't want to risk it.
    Last edited by matt351; 06/03/2009 at 07:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm in Cedar Park... my wife and I will probably be camping out (in our car) in front of either the Sprint store at Bell/Walton in Cedar Park of the main corporate store at 360/Stonelake in Austin... not sure yet
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I'm in Cedar Park... my wife and I will probably be camping out (in our car) in front of either the Sprint store at Bell/Walton in Cedar Park of the main corporate store at 360/Stonelake in Austin... not sure yet
    Go to the one at 183/Lakeline - where the Home Depot is. Was there today - they expect some folks but do not expect a crowd - they will open at 8am. That store does not get a lot of traffic. I was also at the Best Buy at Lakeline today - they will open at 9:00 on Saturday - they are supposed to have 16 units. I think the big Sprint store on 360 will be packed with all of the tech nerds in that area!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Store # is listed first. I live in Mesquite but have always preferred the Park Lane BB over the Mesquite one.
    54 - MESQUITE TX 8
    58 - PARK LANE TX 5
    196 - MCKINNEY TX 2
    202 - PLANO TX 5
    246 - TYLER TX 2
    594 - LONGVIEW TX 2
    1023 - SHERMAN TX 4
    1033 - OAK CLIFF TX 4
    1412 - N GARLAND TX 2
    1417 - ROCKWALL TX 0
    1775 - SW MCKINNEY TX 3
    1780 - ALLEN TX 2
    District Totals 39
    pretty thin supply for DFW...

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    Store # is listed first. I live in Mesquite but have always preferred the Park Lane BB over the Mesquite one.
    54 - MESQUITE TX 8
    58 - PARK LANE TX 5
    196 - MCKINNEY TX 2
    202 - PLANO TX 5
    246 - TYLER TX 2
    594 - LONGVIEW TX 2
    1023 - SHERMAN TX 4
    1033 - OAK CLIFF TX 4
    1412 - N GARLAND TX 2
    1417 - ROCKWALL TX 0
    1775 - SW MCKINNEY TX 3
    1780 - ALLEN TX 2
    District Totals 39
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Wow, someone else from College Station. I've called Bestbuy a few times and the number is still 2. The corporate store near Starbucks should have "enough." Radioshack had no idea what I was talking about. I don't have any other info on other locations around town. I was thinking about going to Bestbuy, but I don't want to risk it.
    Ya, I wouldn't think that the best buy here would get many. I'd love to go there and not have to deal with the MIR, but I'm going to play it safe and goto the sprint store. Did they not tell you how many "enough" is? I'll prob be checking on a line after midnight friday, and then make my decision of when to be there.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Anyone in sherman? im planning on going to the sprint store about an hour early, best buy just down the road if all else fails,
    Quote Originally Posted by monaco1931 View Post
    pretty thin supply for DFW...
    The Fort Worth side is in a different district. I did not copy the info but it appears they are getting about 50 phones between all store in Fort Worth, Weathford, HEB, Arlington and Panhandle cities.
    Apparently, accd'g to one possibly ignorant mgr, Radio Shack might be carrying the Pre in Austin. Just talked with him but I guess he didn't know the NDA was over and was very elusive.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i dont know if its going to be as much hype as we think it is, the general public doesnt know anything about this phone, my brother bought a stupid instinct s30 this week, i couldnt believe he would do that..
    but i guess for the avg user its ok
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm getting the vibe that I've blown any chance at using bribes to get on an early waiting list. I haven't got the mythical email from palm with an invitation or special reservation.

I'm planning on getting up early and going down to one of the local stores and taking my chances. I've always had better luck at the stores near greenway plaza and the galleria. They seem to keep a better stock of the high end smartphones.

Anyone going to camp out tomorrow night? If so, what store? I might join you.
    Obscura
    alright this is for matt351, and anyone else in college station. I just called the corp sprint store here and this is the info I got from him. As of now, they are opening at 10am. He doesn't know exactly how many pre's they will have, but there have been a lot of people asking about it. He also said that he has heard a few people talk about staying out there all night. Ill probably be driving by there after they close on friday, after midnight friday (if nobody was there yet), and if there was still noone, I probably will just go there really early in the morning and wait.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads-up Mustangmelish. I called last night and spoke to the pre advocate (female who owns the mustang<- figured you'd like that) and when I asked her what time they were opening on Saturday 8 or 10 she said, "The first one." So I am pretty sure they are opening @ 8 Saturday morning. I can't stand that they can't tell us how many they will have that morning. It's total BS. I might stop by tomorrow evening and see what's up and then just hang around all night.
    Thanks for the heads-up Mustangmelish. I called last night and spoke to the pre advocate (female who owns the mustang<- figured you'd like that) and when I asked her what time they were opening on Saturday 8 or 10 she said, "The first one." So I am pretty sure they are opening @ 8 Saturday morning. I can't stand that they can't tell us how many they will have that morning. It's total BS. I might stop by tomorrow evening and see what's up and then just hang around all night.
    hm, so I guess I should have asked for the pre advocate when I called. Thanks for letting me know they open at 8, but I'm sure I'll be there way before then. Maybe I can get the advocate to get me in first-- you know, work the whole mustang thing . off topic- but do you have a mustang too, or is it just an avatar?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have Foxbody with a 351w that's been in storage for almost two years now. I think I am finally going to put it up for sale to buy a 2011 GT.
    I have Foxbody with a 351w that's been in storage for almost two years now. I think I am finally going to put it up for sale to buy a 2011 GT.

why is there no drooling smiley on here? you need to pull that fox out of storage. I only have a slow '04 v6. but hey, as long as it gets me to the sprint store to get that pre! haha
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Go to the one at 183/Lakeline - where the Home Depot is. Was there today - they expect some folks but do not expect a crowd - they will open at 8am. That store does not get a lot of traffic. I was also at the Best Buy at Lakeline today - they will open at 9:00 on Saturday - they are supposed to have 16 units. I think the big Sprint store on 360 will be packed with all of the tech nerds in that area!
    Your plans sound much more reasonable than mine I think I might wander around Lakeline instead of heading so far into Austin. Hmm... decisions decisions!
    Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    54 - MESQUITE TX 8
    58 - PARK LANE TX 5
    196 - MCKINNEY TX 2
    202 - PLANO TX 5
    246 - TYLER TX 2
    594 - LONGVIEW TX 2
    1023 - SHERMAN TX 4
    1033 - OAK CLIFF TX 4
    1412 - N GARLAND TX 2
    1417 - ROCKWALL TX 0
    1775 - SW MCKINNEY TX 3
    1780 - ALLEN TX 2
    District Totals 39
    Where did you get this information?
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    I know we can't believe anything we hear, but just to add...I talked to the guy at the local Best Buy the other day and he told me that they were only getting 10. He also said that ALL locations in San Antonio (Best Buy AND Sprint) were only getting 10 Pres per store. Now I think this has to be a crock, just doesn't make any sense. I'm sure he was yanking my chain, but IF and that's a BIG IF, it's true that really blows. If I don't own a Pre by noon on Saturday, someone's going DOWN.
    Which BB was that? The one I go to told me they'd be getting around 30.
    matt351 and mustangmelish I also went into the sprint store yesterday evening and asked about the Pre situation. They told me they were opening at 8:00 a.m. and that people were planning to camp out this evening to get one. They expect tomorrow to be "crazy".

I also asked about Premier customers. They said an email was going to be sent out with a "coupon". No elaboration of what that coupon was. It was also indicated that this may be more a rumour than confirmed fact.

So I guess we'll see what happens in the morning. I'm not camping out and if I miss out tomorrow I'll just order one and get it next week.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast