Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ...and ofcourse i goto the best buy website right now to go look up what store numbers are which stores and their complete site is down.

awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    i know i'm not from dallas, but i know that the arlington best buys are goig to get some pres...and there are arlington locations on the radio shack list as well, so i don't think that correlates with whether or not dallas best buys will get the pre. i am pretty sure they will...
    yeah like i said i think it would be absurd that dfw BBs wouldnt carry.. no reason why they wouldnt stock and sell pres.. people love their phones here in dfw.. and talk and drive and txt etc here too

who knows how they chopped up those screen captures of the BB inventory... probably missed 300 BBs that are gunna carry them..
    I think I'm going to try the Mueller Sprint Store in Austin.....if all else fails, there is a Best Buy in the same center.
    sprint store on lamar and 38th in Austin said they will have 30 units. they also said they have a 17 person waiting list that they promised before they were told not to do so. they said they will honor the promise for 4 hrs on 6th.
    ill be at the Brooks City Base Sprint Store on SE Military in San Antonio.
    anyway. seems like i will be getting it in big D. i will visit sprint store in oaklawn first. then radioshak on lovers, then RS on hampton. then BB at cockrell hill.

if all fails. i will visit rest of the sprint stores one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    anyway. seems like i will be getting it in big D. i will visit sprint store in oaklawn first. then radioshak on lovers, then RS on hampton. then BB at cockrell hill.

if all fails. i will visit rest of the sprint stores one by one.
    just drove by that oaklawn store at lunch today and they had a print out someone made taped to the front window saying "blackberry curve 49.99$"..

did make me go hrmm... for a few moments..
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Texas Pre-fans, here you go!

I am going to begin my contribution by collecting the Best Buy and Radio Shack locations that will have stock on launch day. And I've gotta say, where's the love for Houston? I haven't found any data showing h-town numbers so if you have them please post them up!
    I am in southeast Texas (near Beaumont).
    I know we can't believe anything we hear, but just to add...I talked to the guy at the local Best Buy the other day and he told me that they were only getting 10. He also said that ALL locations in San Antonio (Best Buy AND Sprint) were only getting 10 Pres per store. Now I think this has to be a crock, just doesn't make any sense. I'm sure he was yanking my chain, but IF and that's a BIG IF, it's true that really blows. If I don't own a Pre by noon on Saturday, someone's going DOWN.
    I just got a call from a non-corp store - Capitol Wireless - who I called by accident last week from the Sprint store locator online. The guy said he would put me on a list and call me when he found out what they were getting. Well, he just called and I have an appointment at 7:30 Saturday morning to get a Pre. Sweet - especially since Sprint does not open until 8:00 and Best Buy until 10:00!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anyone heard anything from Pinky's in Austin?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Tread carefully when planning your purchase destinations based on stock. Since the SKU's were released, I checked with a SW Austin Bestbuy, and verified they were getting 18 Pre's in person, which matched what was previously posted in the store listings. That was Monday. Today, that same store, checking the same SKU has 9 coming in. YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I say old Bean, I live in Beaumont myself! Good to see the Golden Triangle represented on here. Where are you getting yours at? I definitely don't see Beaumont on either of those lists...
    Nederland here!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Seems to be a lot of Austinites in here. I think there are at least 6 of us on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Seems to be a lot of Austinites in here. I think there are at least 6 of us on the forums.
    Aren't we in the "tech nerd" capitol of Texas?!?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Alright, well finally I joined after lurking here for a while.
    I'm in College Station, and I have a friend over at a third party store (on Villa Maria-- for anyone that may be in CS), and the last i heard, that store was not selling any pre's to anyone except for people starting new lines of service. Nooone that was upgrading or resigning (for another 2 year contract) or anything else could get a pre from that store. You HAD to be starting a new line of service. This may have changed in the last few days, since it seems like everything has been changing, but that was the last I heard. I'm going to try and make it over to the corporate sprint store tomorrow and see if they will tell me anything.
    i called RS@ Hampton, and they will have it! They will open doors at 9am, the guy told me I can call them again Friday after 4pm to learn how many they will have. He wouldn't make a waiting list tho, I guess the corp has warned all the stores not to do it.

I guess I will rush to them if sprintsore@oaklawn were to fail me.

I think RS is a better option since it probably will has less traffic, compare to sprintstore or BB.
    looks like all radioshacks@DFW will have stock. nice.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I am in Austin well Williamson county and have talked to two pre advocates in the Austin Area how have given me a pretty good run down on the Pre, I cannot wait, but it will be weird as I have been a PAlm OS user since 2000, this will be a big change for me . I will be picking up my 2 Pre's at 7:45 Saturday...
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I live on the corner of La Frontera blvd here in Round Rock so there are 4 Sprint stores and 1 best buy...I live exactly 1 minute away from the first Sprint store...I really don't think there will be any lines for this thing but i plan to be there an hour early...if anyone else plans to hit the same store or stores let me know...we can have a wait party! ONE MORE DAY...until Sat...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    I say old Bean, I live in Beaumont myself! Good to see the Golden Triangle represented on here. Where are you getting yours at? I definitely don't see Beaumont on either of those lists...

I'm in Nederland actually. I was going to head to BB in Beaumont, but I'm on SERO and I've read that they will have trouble converting me to an everything plus referral plan so I might go to Sprint @ Parkdale mall. There is a waiting list at the Port Arthur store with 9 names on it so far!
    I have read that you can update your plan via telesales the day before, then have no trouble picking up the pre at a BB or RS on launch day.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast