Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Confirmed Best Buy inventory:

Castleton - 15 now, 15 more Monday.
    Westfield/Clay Terrace - 3
    Noblesville - 2
    Greenwood - 3

1 per person. If you miss the Saturday stock, they will take your name, call you when inventory arrives and you have that day only to come in and get one. Again, one per person.

I have yet to find a Radio Shack that expects stock before mid to late June.

Grant wireless has some and told me first come first served.

Sprint told me that the Clearwater shop had the most and 96th street and 31 South were next. They expect the biggest crowd at the East 96th street store. I take this info with a shacker of salt though because it is from a non manager. But it could be true.

Finally I was told that most locations did not have touchstones yet and may not. But Best Buy does.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Confirmed Best Buy inventory:

Castleton - 15 now, 15 more Monday.
    Westfield/Clay Terrace - 3
    Noblesville - 2
    Greenwood - 3

1 per person. If you miss the Saturday stock, they will take your name, call you when inventory arrives and you have that day only to come in and get one. Again, one per person.

I have yet to find a Radio Shack that expects stock before mid to late June.

Grant wireless has some and told me first come first served.

Sprint told me that the Clearwater shop had the most and 96th street and 31 South were next. They expect the biggest crowd at the East 96th street store. I take this info with a shacker of salt though because it is from a non manager. But it could be true.

Finally I was told that most locations did not have touchstones yet and may not. But Best Buy does.
    Damn only 3 in Greenwood, im not even going to bother and I know that BB in Castleton is going to be crazy, people are prob camping out now lol.
    We'll see what happens.
    Yeah, if you want it Saturday, I think BB in Indy is out unless you feel like showing up at $:30 or 5. I could be wrong buy that is my guess. If you can wait till it Monday or Wed and the rebate is important, then BB might work.

The manager I spoke to knew exactly what she was talking about (and was very nice too! I wish I could buy there). She was confident that if I got there at 7 or 8, I would be able to get my name on a list for Monday. I just can't see waiting in line for an hour or more while they take care of the customers getting phones, in order to get my name on a list to go back to the freaking store on Monday.

At least I wouldn't have to camp out that way. And she reminded me that they offer 18 months same as cash on orders over $400 (2 Pre's + 2 Touchstones...). So that and the no rebate may make it compelling for some of you. But not enough incentive to make two trips to the mad house for me!

The main Sprint stores look best but will require an early arrival I think (6 ish?). I bet some will sell out and not get through the line and others will be sitting on a few Pre's at noon.

The non-corporate stores are a gamble. If you can get one with stock and get on a list you are golden. Otherwise it is a big roll of the dice I think. I have heard a lot of them will have 5-10 and a number will have none. The store on E. 96th in the Menard's lot will not have any according to the manager.

Anyway, that is my read.

I see no point in showing up at 7:30 or 8 somewhere. That is peak line time. Either 5 am or 9 am for me. If they have more stock then people you are good to go at 9. If not, better be in line or willing to be on the Monday list.

Good luck and GO IU!
    Last edited by Homie; 06/04/2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by whaddupdoe View Post
    Damn only 3 in Greenwood, im not even going to bother and I know that BB in Castleton is going to be crazy, people are prob camping out now lol.
    We'll see what happens.
    Wouldn't it suck to wait 3 or 4 hours till they open at 10 at a BB and find out that even though you are 4th in line you are hosed? I would be really, really pissed.

BB is a great option if you are willing to wait till there is more stock in a week or two. Saturday buyers need not apply I am afraid.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    I think I am going to try a corp store.

While BB has the best deal, waiting in line...till 10 and getting nothing would really really suck!

Also, did anyone see this post? Maybe it won't be as bad as we thought?

Sprint and Palm admit that they don't expect wild lines for Pre
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Wouldn't it suck to wait 3 or 4 hours till they open at 10 at a BB and find out that even though you are 4th in line you are hosed? I would be really, really pissed.

BB is a great option if you are willing to wait till there is more stock in a week or two. Saturday buyers need not apply I am afraid.
    It would suck bad, if I waited 4 hours, 4th in line, I would raise Hell!!!

So to avoid this I think Ill just go to the noncorp sprint and pay the $300+tax
    As much as I like the $199 instant price at Best Buy...the short stock scares me. I think I will go with a Sprint corp store...just not sure which one.
  8.    #48  
    I just called the BB in castleton to get some info and the guy tells me that he is not allowed to give the actual stock number but it is a limited amout and then says more then 1 and less than 50, I just laughed and hung up.
    I have ruled out Best Buy completely at this point. I think I am going to Sprint corp store. I will be posting from my phone while waiting in line tomorrow morning.

How early is everyone going to get in line?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I have ruled out Best Buy completely at this point. I think I am going to Sprint corp store. I will be posting from my phone while waiting in line tomorrow morning.

How early is everyone going to get in line?
    I'm thinking 7am. Hoping they get around 50 units in and that I should be safe. I can't imagine more than 20-25 people in line (for people who will get more than 1) at 7am in the morning...I hope I'm not wrong!

Which store are you going to?
  11.    #51  
    Well I think Im going to get up at 4am just to see if its a line at BB in greenwood since i live less than a mile from it. If its more than 2 people in the line then Im going to just drive to the sprint store.
    Last edited by whaddupdoe; 06/05/2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Well I think Im going to get up at 4am just to see if its a line at BB in greenwood since i live less than a mile from it. If its more than 2 people in the line then Im going to just drive to the sprint store.
    I don't know that I would waste my time with Best Buy, really small stock. I would only stay there if you are 1 or 2 in line. I will probably go to Sprint store, but not till 6 am...granted I have to drive about 50 min.

Just talked to an asst manager at one of the sprint stores. He is hoping thinking they will have around fifty. They have the car chargers and touchstones in already but no Pres yet.

He said they will get them later today. Guess that is one way to make sure no one pre-sells them. Send them to the stores at the last second.
  13.    #53  
    If anybody is looking for a cheap car charger, go to frys, I bought two micro usb chargers from their last week for $4 normal price.

Oh, and I just want to say that I just played with the pre for about 5 mins...had been on lunch too long, but the phone is great!!!!

The phone is really small, about the same size as the Touch Diamond, first thing that I noticed was that screen, the screen was so crisp. The OS was very smooth, I didnt really get into any programs because of time but it was so nice.
    The keyboard was small though but i can prob get use to it.

Also if you guys are like me and you dont like to carry your phone in ur pocket then probably wanna find a carrying case. The lady showed me the one that comes with the phone and its more like a pouch that you would keep glasses in.
    They didnt have the touch stone yet but said they would get one.

So if you guys cant get a Pre in Indy then you can drive down to Columbus, In.
    She said they would have a bunch and nobody has been really asking about them but me.
    I work down here at Cummins
    That's cool! I'm jealous. The Sprint Asst Manager I talked to mentioned the Pre advocate had a phone, but I didn't ask who it was and if I could see it. I had to get back from my lunch too and I knew I would be really late if I started playing with the Pre.

I thought about going to Richmond, IN because they are similar to Columbus and I figured they might not be high traffic. But if there are any problems...there is no other stores within 60 minute drive. Can't decide to risk and go there or play it safe and go to Indy.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    If anybody is looking for a cheap car charger, go to frys, I bought two micro usb chargers from their last week for $4 normal price.

Oh, and I just want to say that I just played with the pre for about 5 mins...had been on lunch too long, but the phone is great!!!!

The phone is really small, about the same size as the Touch Diamond, first thing that I noticed was that screen, the screen was so crisp. The OS was very smooth, I didnt really get into any programs because of time but it was so nice.
    The keyboard was small though but i can prob get use to it.

Also if you guys are like me and you dont like to carry your phone in ur pocket then probably wanna find a carrying case. The lady showed me the one that comes with the phone and its more like a pouch that you would keep glasses in.
    They didnt have the touch stone yet but said they would get one.

So if you guys cant get a Pre in Indy then you can drive down to Columbus, In.
    She said they would have a bunch and nobody has been really asking about them but me.
    I work down here at Cummins
    I know a guy who I used to work with and is now working in IT at Cummins. How's business going?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    I know a guy who I used to work with and is now working in IT at Cummins. How's business going?
    Its going ok, but who knows what will happen, they try there best not to layoff employees but if the money isnt coming in then some changes have to get made.
    I have been fortunate enough to still be employed, but its scary.
  17.    #57  
    That's cool! I'm jealous. The Sprint Asst Manager I talked to mentioned the Pre advocate had a phone, but I didn't ask who it was and if I could see it. I had to get back from my lunch too and I knew I would be really late if I started playing with the Pre.

I thought about going to Richmond, IN because they are similar to Columbus and I figured they might not be high traffic. But if there are any problems...there is no other stores within 60 minute drive. Can't decide to risk and go there or play it safe and go to Indy.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, driving around Indiana isnt fun. I would just say make sure if you cant get a phone at ur first location of choice to have phones #s and addresses of the nearest place to go to next.
    Did anyone get an email from Sprint about the hours for these stores? I keep reading opening at 8 or 10. Just wondering if people are getting email messages from Sprint that I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    Did anyone get an email from Sprint about the hours for these stores? I keep reading opening at 8 or 10. Just wondering if people are getting email messages from Sprint that I'm not.
    I signed up for email but never got it. Checked 3 stores all said opening at 8. No email required to buy.
    I signed up for email but never got it. Checked 3 stores all said opening at 8. No email required to buy.
    I never got the email either, even though I signed up months ago!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast