Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there are any Iowan's here and what time you guys are planning to go to the store.

Where you're buying, what time, how many pres the different stores will have etc. Discuss:
    I'm from Iowa and obsessed about getting a Pre! But I won't give up my info on how I'm getting one :-) I don't think we're going to see too many of them here. One of the kid's I talked to in the BestBuy mobile department in town was expecting 5-6 Pres on Saturday.
    I'm from Des Moines, I'm planning on going up to Ankeney around 8 AM and try Best Buy first. I called and they are only going to have 4 or 5 pre. If that does not work I'm just going to go the Sprint store up there.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_47 View Post
    I'm from Des Moines, I'm planning on going up to Ankeney around 8 AM and try Best Buy first. I called and they are only going to have 4 or 5 pre. If that does not work I'm just going to go the Sprint store up there.
    Hey I'm from Ankeny too, that's to funny small town, but anyway I'm going to the sprint store at like 7:45, I don't think it will be to crowded here.
    When I was at the Ankeny store, that didn't have too much info. I was hoping at least they'd have a number they were getting. I just got the "I hope you're in line at 8:00" speech from them. I'm hoping they get quite a few since they are about the biggest store in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Hey I'm from Ankeny too, that's to funny small town, but anyway I'm going to the sprint store at like 7:45, I don't think it will be to crowded here.
    Hey Iowegians! Newton here - planning on heading to the Ankeny Sprint.

Assuming no S|P friday event, unless I do like I threatened in another post (show up at opening with two young kids in tow ) , I will get there in the PM Saturday , hoping they have 1-2 left.

GL!
    I see pandas.
    Yeah I think it will be easy to get one on Saturday. Thats one thing thats nice about living in a smaller city, not too many people know about this phone.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by glitchy View Post
    When I was at the Ankeny store, that didn't have too much info. I was hoping at least they'd have a number they were getting. I just got the "I hope you're in line at 8:00" speech from them. I'm hoping they get quite a few since they are about the biggest store in the area.
    Ya a friend of my knows the store manager at the Ankeny sprint store he told him they should have plenty but I don't think any sprint stores know how many they are getting yet. I'm sure if we call on Friday they can give us a number. What time is everyone planing to go to the store. Oooh and the biggest store is the one in West Des Moines. I've been told they should be getting between 70 and 100 units so I may go there.
    That would be cool if WDM got 70-100. I know there is actually quite a bit of buzz in town about the Pre, but I can't imagine it's 50 people standing in line at a Sprint store worth of buzz.
  10.    #10  
    ya me neather, where did you here buz as I have only heard of 2 people that actually know about the phone besides myself. I mean of course if you go to the sprint store they put a bunch of buzz around it but that's their regular advertisement.
    BestBuy and the Ankeny Sprint store both said they've had a large number of people ask about it. The south side Best buy was expecting 5-6 Pre's to arrive and expected more people than that waiting in line for it Saturday morning as they'll be giving out numbers to the line. I was really shocked that there would be that much hype for it in that area of town.
  12.    #12  
    ya and I'm sure at best buy will be sold quickly cause most poeple will go there cause its $100 cheaper but I don't know about the Sprint store.
    I'm in WDM and the West Glenn sprint store is going to get 10 phones in the 1st shipment, I am on a list and will schedule an appointment to be set up saturday afternoon.
  14.    #14  
    are you talking about the coorporate store by best buy in west des moines, cause they are deffinatelly not getting only 10 phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    are you talking about the coorporate store by best buy in west des moines, cause they are deffinatelly not getting only 10 phones.
    I am talking about the store in west glenn by target... unkown if it's corporate, not likely though.

Regardless, it's to everyone's benefit to just call ahead or show up and try to get on a list, because there were like 17 people on the list at the small sprint store by Target.
  16.    #16  
    oooh I see that's just a small store, I'm talking about the store where they do repairs and everything.
    Ankeny store shoppers: would you mind posting Sat AM if they have an adequate supply for the day? (I can't get there until after lunch)

Of course, be sure to rub it in by sending from your Pre!

TIA!
    I see pandas.
    hey fellow Iowans. I'm in Sioux City. I'm planning on going to the Sioux City Sprint store... I spoke with them several weeks ago and was 1st on the waiting list. Spoke to them yesterday again and they are opening at 8am. Said they have 12 people on the list is all, but they aren't sure how many they are getting in for stock and haven't been told yet. Good luck friends!
    Maybe we could take a picture with our Pre on the way back out of the store of the line still past the ice cream shop next door and the almost empty stack of Pre's behind the counter

Just messin'...if I end up at Ankeny, I'll try to post something for you if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoD_trentonj View Post
    hey fellow Iowans. I'm in Sioux City. I'm planning on going to the Sioux City Sprint store... I spoke with them several weeks ago and was 1st on the waiting list. Spoke to them yesterday again and they are opening at 8am. Said they have 12 people on the list is all, but they aren't sure how many they are getting in for stock and haven't been told yet. Good luck friends!
    Sioux City SUX

Sorry, couldn't resist. I guess I went to one too many Buc's games.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast