Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    How did you all do? It took forever to get out of the store from first in line. I waited 10 minutes just to talk to the Sprint rep on the phone. I haven't even gotten to play with the thing yet. But at least I have it and a touchstone.
    Home now messing with the pre. Very cool.

Shout outs to dkotoric1, PrinceAlbert and all the people standing in line.

The manager, Eric (i think), could not have been nicer. He came around about 630am and gave up a rah-rah speech before he entered the store for some final setup. We were all under the awning and he was out in the rain.
    i got the "use only if the very very last resort" register, so it took them a while to get me checked out (I would not mention what happened, though. *cough*cough* receipt printer usb cable unplugged *cough*cough*). given that hiccup, they all did a great job!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Visited Sprint retail store in SW Cedar Rapids just to see if I could get my hands on a live Pre. No such luck. Sold out this morning, no live demo and a waiting list for the next shipment. Seems odd that there aren't any live demos in the retail stores. Is this the case in other retail stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmtowns View Post
    Visited Sprint retail store in SW Cedar Rapids just to see if I could get my hands on a live Pre. No such luck. Sold out this morning, no live demo and a waiting list for the next shipment. Seems odd that there aren't any live demos in the retail stores. Is this the case in other retail stores?
    The store in Ankeny had TWO Pre demos on the floor. Both were connected to an alarm if someone tried to take it too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    The store in Ankeny had TWO Pre demos on the floor. Both were connected to an alarm if someone tried to take it too far.
    alarms sounded no less than 3 times shortly after opening. it was cheap entertainment.
    I see pandas.
    I ended up going to best buy in ankeny. I got there about 8 in the morning stood there for about 10 minutes, then the mobile area manager arrived at the store and gave me a voucher so I could come back at 10 and not have to wait around. I was pretty stoked about that. I went and ate breakfast,and went back at 10. The manager had already done most of the set up so all I had to do was pay and sign a couple of things. It was a pretty good experience.
    The Sprint Store in Sioux City (SUX) was good. Their UPS shipment didn't come in until like 9:30, so I waited from 7:15 ( I was second ) until then to get the phone. They have coffee, juice, cookies, and donuts. Said they had a very limited supply, so I'm assuming they sold out...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    If anyone in Des Moines wants mine, let me know.

I cannot get reception in my work building...My trusty old M610 works fine. I plan to return it Tuesday.

I have everything and bought one of each accessory. Plastic seal is still on the screen.
    As of Monday in Ankeny, there was a waiting list of 20 people to get a pre.
  11.    #91  
    so hows everyone in Iowa liking their Pre's
    I am loving my pre. I feel sorry for my laptop.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I am really liking mine. WebOS took a little getting used to coming from the old Palm OS. I have a couple issues with mine (loose slider, battery disconnection issue) but I am on the list to get a replacement once one becomes available. Only 1 dead pixel on this phone so i sure hope the replacement has none!
    Anybody know where I can find one in the Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area? I have been on two waitlists since June 8 and still have not received a call.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saahmed View Post
    Anybody know where I can find one in the Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area? I have been on two waitlists since June 8 and still have not received a call.
    If you are on the wait list at the Coralville Affiliate Corporate store (the one out by buffalo wild wings) stay on it. They said the list was 90 people long, but it's the longest list in the area, so supposedly sprint is taking note of it and sending larger shipments instead of the 5 at a time they have been getting. I been on the list for a replacement Pre for 2 weeks and am just now getting into the top 10. Stick with it, you will get yours soon!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Iowa City Pre owner here. I got mine at a Sprint Store in Coralville. When I got it, they acted like they got in trouble for ordering it for me but they couldn't cancel the order since I paid for it before anyone found out they couldn't, or something like that. The Pre came to my house and I had to take it to the store to activate it (though I think I could have activated it over the phone at home now that I know more about how Sprint works), and even though it was day 4 after the release date this was the first Pre they had seen in real life (they were as excited as I was). They all acted like I was extremely lucky to get it and said they were jealous since they couldn't even get on the waiting list as employees.

As far as I know the Sprint Stores in Iowa City are resellers - not corporate stores - and I think they are all run by the same people (I see the lady who sold me my Pre at a different store in Old Capital mall, for instance).
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derf.k View Post
    Iowa City Pre owner here. I got mine at a Sprint Store in Coralville. When I got it, they acted like they got in trouble for ordering it for me but they couldn't cancel the order since I paid for it before anyone found out they couldn't, or something like that. The Pre came to my house and I had to take it to the store to activate it (though I think I could have activated it over the phone at home now that I know more about how Sprint works), and even though it was day 4 after the release date this was the first Pre they had seen in real life (they were as excited as I was). They all acted like I was extremely lucky to get it and said they were jealous since they couldn't even get on the waiting list as employees.

As far as I know the Sprint Stores in Iowa City are resellers - not corporate stores - and I think they are all run by the same people (I see the lady who sold me my Pre at a different store in Old Capital mall, for instance).
    The sprint store on corridor way by buffalo wild wings and texas roadhouse is THE ONLY IPCS AFFILIATE CORPORATE STORE in Iowa City/Coralville. We are an affiliate area so there are no actual SPRINT corporate stores, but there are affiliate corporate stores like this one in various cities. The rest of the stores such as the sprint store on the coralville strip by bostons are 3rd party reseller stores. To my knowledge one of the only actual sprint corporate stores is in Des Moines as that area is a corporate area.
    Cedar Rapids east side Sprint store by Super Target & Buffalo Wild Wings is a corporate store.

The 2 stores on CR west side are not.

Not sure if this helps or not!
    I missed a call Wednesday night from the Coralville store. They did not leave a message. I went in to the store Thursday night to see if my phone was in or to find out why they called. They had no idea why I had been called. Anyway, I asked some more questions. The rep told me that the store gets a weekly shipment of only 5 pres. And I am approximately #20 on the list. Im on the list for 3 Pres for my family. This is simply ridiculous. If they are only getting 5 at a time it might be another month before I get it. I put my name on the list the Monday after the phone came out. They really need to increase the size of the shipment. I'm getting frustrated to the point that I may just hold off on the whole thing and see whats in store for the future.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I missed a call Wednesday night from the Coralville store. They did not leave a message. I went in to the store Thursday night to see if my phone was in or to find out why they called. They had no idea why I had been called. Anyway, I asked some more questions. The rep told me that the store gets a weekly shipment of only 5 pres. And I am approximately #20 on the list. Im on the list for 3 Pres for my family. This is simply ridiculous. If they are only getting 5 at a time it might be another month before I get it. I put my name on the list the Monday after the phone came out. They really need to increase the size of the shipment. I'm getting frustrated to the point that I may just hold off on the whole thing and see whats in store for the future.
    If I were you I would just call telesales and get the pre and avoid that crap affiliate store in coralville. Telesales will get you a pre within a week probably.

I am still waiting for my replacement pre thru that store in coralville, and now my wall charger quit working to boot. They won't tell me where I am on there waiting list. I suspect it is because they are pushing me down the list to sell the phones to others on the waiting list that are upgrades and new activations. On my 29th day, if they don't have me a new phone I am going to return this pre, and touchstone and see how they feel about their commission going down the toilet. They should have some inventory headroom for people with bad phones or they should go to the top of the list. Can't expect anything good from that store since they fired the only employee that knew anything over absolutely nothing. Now they really have no one on the technical side of things that is knowledgeable.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast