Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The Boylston St one definitely is opening at 8, as is the Cambridgeside Galleria one. (Not entirely sure how that one is going to work because while I've never been there, I assume it's just a part of the mall.)
    I drove by the Boylston St. location tonight. There were a few guys in there setting up Pre related materials, banners, posters, etc... I wanted to walk by and stare, but I didn't want to be that guy...
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Was there a launch party in Boston tonight? Didn't matter to me b/c I'm actually out of town in Jax FLA for the weekend, but just curious. I'm 11 years with sprint, $150/month and S|P but no invite (if there was one here). I suppose if it was anywhere it would have been at Boylston St and jayhay312's post doesn't indicate that was the case.
    I'm pretty sure no. I'm Premier as well, but 6 years with Sprint and $70 a month, and nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Was there a launch party in Boston tonight? Didn't matter to me b/c I'm actually out of town in Jax FLA for the weekend, but just curious. I'm 11 years with sprint, $150/month and S|P but no invite (if there was one here). I suppose if it was anywhere it would have been at Boylston St and jayhay312's post doesn't indicate that was the case.
    No it didn't look like it. Just some employees setting up. It was after 8pm when I drove by. I had the same thoughts about the Boylston location.
    yeah... you definitely drove by B St hoping there was a launch party you could try to crash. I'd have done the same thing if I were in town. Haven't even been able to get to a store here in JAX yet... we're here for a baby shower so I'm spending the day with my 8 mo old son and my father in law. No Pre for me until I get back to Boston
    In and out in 15 at Downtown Crossing, and even had some entertainment for the 30 minutes I waited.
  7.    #27  
    yap got mine
    Got mine at boylston st, waited in line for two hours.
  9.    #29  
    lol man feel sorry for you I got mine in 30 minutes
    Got mine from market street in brighton ... Had to wain in line for about 2 hours before I could start my activation.

Any one else from the line still checking the forum?
    Does anyone know when Sprint stores in Eastern Mass. are expecting more Pres to be available? Yes, I called the store and they wouldn't tell me anything.

Better yet, does anyone know any stores, corporate or not that still have some in stock?
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    I got mine on launch day...waited in line for the store to open...but it was okay, because I had to go to work right afterwards anyway.
    I actually got VERY lucky today. I was out this afternoon, and decided to make an unexpected trip over to the CambridgeSide Galleria. Now, They don't have full Sprint Store, Just a Kiosk.

BUT. They had them!

I was having issues setting up my account so it took a couple hours, but in that time they must of sold almost 10 of them. I think they had a couple left, and the guy said that was the first shipment they've received since Saturday.

I'm happy, just waiting for my number transfer to go through which should be happening soon.

This kiosk seems to be the only place that's had any arrive, and/or that doesn't have a deep waiting list.

I even checked out the Best Buy in the same Mall and they had none, and a waiting list of about 25.

So sometimes checking the smaller stores or in this case a "Kiosk" is the way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjl210 View Post
    I actually got VERY lucky today. I was out this afternoon, and decided to make an unexpected trip over to the CambridgeSide Galleria. Now, They don't have full Sprint Store, Just a Kiosk.

BUT. They had them!

I was having issues setting up my account so it took a couple hours, but in that time they must of sold almost 10 of them. I think they had a couple left, and the guy said that was the first shipment they've received since Saturday.

I'm happy, just waiting for my number transfer to go through which should be happening soon.

This kiosk seems to be the only place that's had any arrive, and/or that doesn't have a deep waiting list.

I even checked out the Best Buy in the same Mall and they had none, and a waiting list of about 25.

So sometimes checking the smaller stores or in this case a "Kiosk" is the way to go!

Thanks for the heads up. I just called thought I might be able to run over before they close, but the woman that answered said they sold out. Bummer, but again thanks for letting us know. I was going to call them yesterday, but just assumed because it was Cambridge and in the mall that mad heads would have already been over there.

The search continues...

Question for anyone else that bought their phone in MA. I got my phone from a sprint store in Seekonk, MA, and I was charged a $30 "Massachusetts Phone Tax". Does this mean they charged me a 5% sales tax on the pre-discount price of $600, or is there really a 10% "phone tax" on cell phones in MA?
  16.    #36  
    never heard of 5% tax only afaikafaikafaik
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Worcester checkin in

"on Twitter" PalmPREphil
    Any Mass stores gets shipments today?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I actually lucked out and got mine on the 7th. Went to the Sprint corporate store in the Auburn Mall. They had 1 left!!!!

I know the corporate store in Burlington, MA had a waiting list 25 deep earlier this week, not sure where it is now.
    I recommend the Sprint Store at Patriot Place in Foxborough. I was the last one on the waiting list so it should be first come first serve. They said they've been receiving units daily.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast