Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Sprint store guys are saying they MUST set up the phone and do some other activation "stuff" because of the way Palm is doing things. I suppose you can unbox it and then hand it back over to them, but I guarantee you there ain't gonna be any "give me the box and I'll do it myself" stuff going on. Oh well.
  2. #2  
    That sucks. Still holding out hope for the ability to bypass this.
  3. #3  
    I can confirm this. I have a friend that works at a Sprint store. They are doing the whole synergy thing in store. BUT, I bet the 3rd party stores could care less
    There is no spoon
  4. #4  
    There really isn't a need for this. Sprint wants to make sure people have a "good" customer experience. I think the self provisioning approach as outlined on the inside sprint now website is considered too techie for these guys.
  5. #5  
    I'd rather be sure it works before I leave the store, then get home and find out you got a dud Pre.
    I plan on making a call before I leave, plus test the web browser.
    You can always rebox it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    There really isn't a need for this. Sprint wants to make sure people have a "good" customer experience. I think the self provisioning approach as outlined on the inside sprint now website is considered too techie for these guys.
    On the contrary, yes there is. It's not like they can activate the phone using the bar code on the outside of the box (like someone in this forum told me, while treating me like I was stupid). That will NOT be able to be done. They have to upgrade the account and check all that stuff before they can even acitvate the phone, then they need to do some other stuff (sorry, can't remember exactly what it was) before you get the phone. Believe me, I asked the guy if I could have the honor of doing that stuff myself. No way. And it doesn't matter WHERE you buy it.
  7. #7  
    If you look at the activation process outlined on inside sprint now, once the phone is verified to be activated, they should be willing to hand the handset back to the consumer. I am NOT going to let some teenager behind the counter create my palm profile and know what my password is!
  8. #8  
    Anyone who wants to minimize the time (and personal violation) of this process can just decide to not provide any 'synergy related' information. Doesn't bring back the unboxing experience, but does get you playing with your Pre sooner.

    To each his own.
  9. #9  
    Also, from the guide at inside Sprint now - "Remember you can always activate your phone online at sprint.com/activate too and avoid any waits for care."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Also, from the guide at inside Sprint now - "Remember you can always activate your phone online at sprint.com/activate too and avoid any waits for care."
    Well, I asked the guy that very question. I was like, "so what about when the time comes where people can order over the internet...then what? He said he was wondering the same thing and had no idea how that was going to be handled.
  11. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #11  
    They could save a ton of time if they would just allow us to create a palm profile on palm.com BEFORE going to the store. They're doing so little in informing the public about this product that I'd guess that a large majority of launchday customers have already memorized the script that the reps will be reading from.

    If Sprint really wants to give a good customer experience then they should focus more on getting us in and out of the store within 10 minutes.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I can confirm this. I have a friend that works at a Sprint store. They are doing the whole synergy thing in store. BUT, I bet the 3rd party stores could care less
    Good for me, My data port on my berry is broken so I'll let them figure out how to transfer my contacts over lol.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Well, I asked the guy that very question. I was like, "so what about when the time comes where people can order over the internet...then what? He said he was wondering the same thing and had no idea how that was going to be handled.
    The activation process is not rocket science. Read the leaked activation process guide at inside sprint now.

    Like I said, this is Sprint trying to make sure folks have a "good customer service experience". They seem to to be aiming this at folks like my mom who don't use an ATM. For me, I want as minimal a human interaction as possible.

    If they had the forms online to sign up for Sprint service, I would print them out and hand it to them when I get to the store.

    Sprint is optimizing for the wrong thing (again). This is why they are a tier #2 carrier.
  14. #14  
    I may end up buying online as I have to work Saturday. All the more reasons. I can be patient a week or so longer.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    The activation process is not rocket science. Read the leaked activation process guide at inside sprint now.

    Like I said, this is Sprint trying to make sure folks have a "good customer service experience". They seem to to be aiming this at folks like my mom who don't use an ATM. For me, I want as minimal a human interaction as possible.

    If they had the forms online to sign up for Sprint service, I would print them out and hand it to them when I get to the store.

    Sprint is optimizing for the wrong thing (again). This is why they are a tier #2 carrier.
    If they want us to have a good CS experience, let us decide what we want... lol

    Them not letting us take the thing home and activate it ourselves, or even just activate it in store and let us take it home, unbox it and turn it on so it auto-provisions is not giving me good CS lol
  16. #16  
    I'll be waiting a few weeks for the dust to settle and get some real feedback on the Pre from real users, and until Telesales can process orders.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  17. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #17  
    I will just say... "What's face-book?", "What's jeemail?", "I don't use a calendar or email", "I'm getting rid of all my old friends, I will never contact them again, so I am going to start my address book anew." etc. etc.
  18. #18  
    You people will still get a nerdgasm watching the Sprint dude set up your Pre.. I would suggest that you take a photo.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    I may end up buying online as I have to work Saturday. All the more reasons. I can be patient a week or so longer.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Pre$ $will$ $not$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $be$ $purchased$ $for$ $a$ $while$ $after$ $launch$...$but$ $I$ $guess$ $so$ $if$ $your$ $willing$ $to$ $wait$.

    I think I will unbox it myself, and then have the sprint employee give me directions, over my shoulder, as I set my phone up.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    You people will still get a nerdgasm watching the Sprint dude set up your Pre.. I would suggest that you take a photo.
    I'll hold a BIC to his throat. When I got a 8830 a while back, the dumb broad didn't know how to open the battery door, so she got a pin and was prying right beside the BB emblem which doubles as the release button for the door.. and left a nice raised plastic mark on the door.

    If they put one damn scratch on it, I'll tell them, "Congratulations, you now get to go to the back and get me a brand new one."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions