Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Anybody in the Tyson's Corner or Dulles, VA area going to wait in line for a Pre? I'm getting a mum's the word response from all that I spoke to in both Sprint stores I visited.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Planning on it but no idea which one to wait at...

DC (1208 18th Street NW): Said they'd have "a good number" but being in DC, I'm anticipating a full-on rush at this store (plus premier customers on the 5th, I'm sure) -- will probably pass.

Joyce Street, Arlington (Pentagon Row): Said they'd have "a few", and are definitely opening at 8am. Was told that a good number of people have called expressing interest. Wouldn't reveal any stock #s to me, but advised I get there "early" enough. Metro and parking both open at 7am, so I'm thinking if I get there before 7am I can beat a few people.

5813 Leesburg Pike (Bailey's Crossroads): No idea about the pre sales procedures or preparation. Didn't know if/how many they had, said store was opening 10am. Guy seemed very disinterested, will probably call back again.

6550 E Little River Turnpike (Pine Crest Plaza): Told me to call back Thursday, they haven't received any instructions on the Pre yet so they weren't revealing any information.

7903 Tysons Corner Center (Tyson's Corner): Hate this store. Never received any good service here, and it's in the mall to boot. Didn't bother calling.

Best Buy around these areas, based on Ziggi's posts:
    283 - BAILEYS CROSSROAD VA 10
    397 - TYSONS CORNER VA 3
    1022 - LEESBURG VA 3
    276 - PENTAGON CITY 9
    Pretty terrible stock #s throughout..., though looks like Pentagon City / Baileys are worth a shot.

Anybody have any additional information? I hate Sprint reps now with a passion, nobody wants to reveal any information.
    I'll probably be at waiting at the Best Buy in Springfield or Fair Lakes. If no dice at those locations, I'll head over the the Sprint Corp store at Fairfax Towne Center.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Spike- I spoke to the Sprint store in Bailey's X-roads also but the guy told me they'd be opening at 8, and he sounded totally uninterested when I spoke with him also.

That's where I'm planning on going. I just feel like the area wont have too many people aware of the product to really line up, and there is the best buy that is basically across the parking lot which will open later, kind of gives you the opportunity to monitor both situations at once.

-On a side note, do you guys in the NOVA area already have Sprint? I just want to try and get an idea of what the coverage is like in the NOVA area, Alexandria specifically if anybody lives or works around there.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hegemon - I've had Sprint for about 7 years now and I don't have any issues; being able to roam on Verizon is sweet when you're down in the metro, and I get pretty good service in most areas. I wouldn't worry about coverage too much if you stick around NoVA.

iboost - Looks like both those locations are getting 8, according to Ziggi. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    On a side note, do you guys in the NOVA area already have Sprint? I just want to try and get an idea of what the coverage is like in the NOVA area, Alexandria specifically if anybody lives or works around there.
    I had Sprint from 1997 to 2007. I lived in Nova to Richmond. I've never had any issues with the service. In 2007, I jump'd ship to AT&T and got the iPhone and then the iPhone 3G. Both providers has its ups/downs, but AT&T seemed to have more network failures with the iPhone. I could never send/receive calls at work.

I'm happy to make the switch back to Sprint this coming Saturday.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Excellent, great to hear guys, thanks.
    Anyone in NoVa/DC/MD work for Sprint Corp or Best buy? This is going to be worse than the iPhone release in terms of stock.

I worked for Apple when the iPhone and iPhone 3G launched. Inventory wasn't an issue, it was the big number of activations at the same time that caused long lines. I'm hoping Sprint/Best Buy doesn't "walk me through" this phone and services.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Got a little shop just a few blocks from Downtown Herndon that has a repair center in it that I've done business with before. Got my name on a waiting list, they've confirmed their getting half a dozen to a dozen of Pre's in, and will give me a call on Friday just to confirm. So I'll be grabbing mine first thing saturday morning.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm assuming corporate has asked the Pre Advocates to ensure nobody leaves the store without receiving the walkthrough -- but I'm pretty sure if you tell them you're a smartphone junkie and want to save everybody time by just skipping the walkthrough, they won't object too much.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Zyphlin -- did you by chance happen to speak to "Nestor"? He told me to give him a call back on Friday to check stock... crossing my fingers.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I think that is exactly who I talked to
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I also went to this location, but once again no dice. I used the link below with zip code 22182, it isn't the one in the mall, it's a large newish store next to Pier 1 Imports in the same complex ComuUSA used to be in. It used to be by the defunct Circuit City behind Lord & Taylor.

Sprint Store Locator

Sprint Store
    Tysons Square Shopping Center
    8311 Leesburg Pike
    Vienna, VA 22182
    (703) 448-7447
    This is a ReadyNow store

* Sales
    * Repair
    * Se Habla Espaņol
    * Bill Payment
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Palmfood: Did they just act as if they knew nothing at all about the Pre launch?
    In my experience Sprint has the best coverage in this area. 2nd is Verizon and 3rd by a long shot is AT&T. I've actually had all 3 services and drove around checking signal strength and data speeds in Manassas, Chantilly, Dulles, Tysons, Falls Church, Alexandria and Arlington and Sprint won out in most places. I also tried streaming video while driving to all these places and the only one that could maintain a stream without disconnection was Sprint. Verizon had trouble in the Chantilly area and AT&T, well just didn't do well at all.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    *waves hand* I'm here in NoVA and plan on trying for telesales. I was promised I would get a call to get two. now if this doesn't happen, I will drive accross the river to MD to a nice little store and pick up two there.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spike095 View Post
    Palmfood: Did they just act as if they knew nothing at all about the Pre launch?
    PRE-tty much! How'd you know? I take it you had the same experience. All they could say, there is no waiting list, and come back June 6th, 2009.
    _

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spike095 View Post
    & Hegemon - I've had Sprint for about 7 years now and I don't have any issues; being able to roam on Verizon is sweet when you're down in the metro, and I get pretty good service in most areas. I wouldn't worry about coverage too much if you stick around NoVA.
    I worked in DC for about 12 years, and loved the fact that my Sprint phone worked on the VZW towers.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    In my experience Sprint has the best coverage in this area. 2nd is Verizon and 3rd by a long shot is AT&T. I've actually had all 3 services and drove around checking signal strength and data speeds in Manassas, Chantilly, Dulles, Tysons, Falls Church, Alexandria and Arlington and Sprint won out in most places. I also tried streaming video while driving to all these places and the only one that could maintain a stream without disconnection was Sprint. Verizon had trouble in the Chantilly area and AT&T, well just didn't do well at all.
    I have a couple of SlingBox's, and I tested it in various areas in VA & DC and I also agree that Sprint has the best data coverage for streaming video.
    _

-
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    PRE-tty much! How'd you know? I take it you had the same experience. All they could say, there is no waiting list, and come back June 6th, 2009.
    They just gave me the whole 'you better be in line by 8am' speech, no word on inventory or expected interest.
    I'll be going to the Adcomm store by the Fair Oaks Mall, on Rt50. I plan on checking it out on friday to see if there is any line and possibly get more info about stock since they haven't given me any information over the phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast