Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjeszczi View Post
    I'll be going to the Adcomm store by the Fair Oaks Mall, on Rt50. I plan on checking it out on friday to see if there is any line and possibly get more info about stock since they haven't given me any information over the phone.
    The guys at the FO location were pretty chill and informative. I'm not sure what their inventory levels are going to be at launch. But I know the BB Mobile at FO, which is nowhere to be found on the BB website, is going have no more than 8.
    Anyone know if any of the local Sprint Stores are having the Launch Party?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Anyone know if any of the local Sprint Stores are having the Launch Party?
    As far as I know, just the Washington DC location (1208 18th Street NW)...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjeszczi View Post
    I'll be going to the Adcomm store by the Fair Oaks Mall, on Rt50. I plan on checking it out on friday to see if there is any line and possibly get more info about stock since they haven't given me any information over the phone.
    I bet Friday will be too early, it's almost like a conspiracy in the NVA area, but I don't want to you miss out in case they do "release" them early.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Went in today to the place I was picking mine up at and told them I may be going out of town this weekend so if I'm not there at 8:00 they can cross me off of the list. I was hoping they'd tell me I could show up friday and they'd sell it to me but no dice. They did say though that if I'm there waiting at 7:30 they'll let me in early and check me out so I can get going early saturday if need be.
    I called the Fairfax Town Center Sprint store (corporate) yesterday and I asked the guy if they were going to get plenty in stock for the launch. He said that come Friday evening at 6:00pm because they were selling the Pre early. I thought to myself, this is too good to be true.

I called again this morning, a lady picked up the phone and dismissed the idea of opening at 6:00pm Friday night. She sounded really pissed because she wanted to know I talked to. I told her the guy sounded like he was from Africa/Middle Eastern region. She immediately knew who I must've talked to because she thanked me and told me not come Friday night, unless I was waiting for the 8:00am opening.
    Yeah I checked it out about 2 weeks ago and they said to come on friday, they were going to start selling them at 6 on Friday. I called this monday they said therye weren't going to be selling them on Friday but that they were opening on Sat at 8am. I still plan on stopping by after work on Friday just to see. I'm hoping to get lucky, but I'm not holding my breath. If nothing else I'll be able to see how many are camping for saturday morning.
    Tyson's Corner Sprint Corporate store is getting 25 units? Can someone confirm?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Tyson's Corner Sprint Corporate store is getting 25 units? Can someone confirm?
    I think I'll be heading to this store or the one in D.C. on Sat.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Please see the enclosed screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Please see the enclosed screenshot.
    I was talking about Sprint Corporate stores. I already knew what Best Buy had to offer. Plus, Sprint stores are opening at 8:00am
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I also went to this location, but once again no dice. I used the link below with zip code 22182, it isn't the one in the mall, it's a large newish store next to Pier 1 Imports in the same complex ComuUSA used to be in. It used to be by the defunct Circuit City behind Lord & Taylor.

Sprint Store
    Tysons Square Shopping Center
    8311 Leesburg Pike
    Vienna, VA 22182
    (703) 448-7447
    This is a ReadyNow store

* Sales
    * Repair
    * Se Habla Espaņol
    * Bill Payment
    Stopped by the new store and they 1. don't have a model on the floor to play with and 2. still won't release inventory details. Ironically, when I entered, one of the reps was on the phone telling someone to "show up early" and that he doesn't know the inventory numbers.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l1fe View Post
    Stopped by the new store and they 1. don't have a model on the floor to play with and 2. still won't release inventory details. Ironically, when I entered, one of the reps was on the phone telling someone to "show up early" and that he doesn't know the inventory numbers.
    Thanks for going to that store, the little guy with no fingernails tackled me and said the same thing to me, but he did finally admit that they do have a Palm Pre advocate and he's supposed to be training the other employees on it and that they're not sure how many units they'll get, but get the early too. It'll be a first come, first serve basis and he had no knowledge of special treatment for Premier customers.
    _

-
    It sucks not to get the inventory numbers before hand. It would save ppl a lot of time and aggravation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    It sucks not to get the inventory numbers before hand. It would save ppl a lot of time and aggravation.
    I talked to a Corporate store this morning. They are limiting 5 Pre's per customer and must be activated in store. The most I've heard for inventory is 50 for some stores. Just make sure the 9-10 people in front of you aren't buying 5 Pre's each just to sell them on eBay.

Oh, and the associates that are selling to NEW customers will take about 30-40 minutes from start to finish. FML. iPhone 3G all over again?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    As luck would have it, got my waitlisted invitation to the launch party confirmed this morning. Going to DC after all!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just got mine from the DC launch party...

Showed up about 5 minutes before 6, was something like 8th in line. People continued to trickle in after we were let in. Had to bring confirmation email or they wouldn't let you in. Chris Cooley was the celebrity for the DC party.

They checked off my name, and an agent specifically came to meet me and took me to get set up. They read off the usual stuff about 2-year contracts and what not -- note that she had to switch me from the Everything Blackberry data to the Everything Pre, so there is a new plan specifically for the Pre.

The associate then walked me through setting up the Palm Profile -- this is mandatory, as it appears when you turn on a Pre for the first time. There's also a short introductory video that plays after you set up your profile -- this walks you through simple gestures so you know how to navigate. Phone will then reboot and appear back on the home screen.

From this point on, I was free to do whatever -- they walked me over to a ReadyNow expert, but there was a wait. I talked to one of the Palm reps walking around the store, who assured me that Universal Search will be working on e-mails in the very near future (they are aware of the demand) and that Google Contacts is another issue they have heard a lot about. I denied the request for the ReadyNow walkthrough (mostly they were just helping people xfer contacts, but some people were pretty clueless as a whole about using the Pre).

About to go play with it now. And yes, I did get the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Interesting ironic story.

Listening to the Mike O'Mera show today and Cooley was in studio for a bit but said he couldn't stay long because he had some event he had to go to in DC at some Sprint store. He said he didn't know what the event was, but he got a text on his iPhone reminding him to go.

I had to shake my head and laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Interesting ironic story.

Listening to the Mike O'Mera show today and Cooley was in studio for a bit but said he couldn't stay long because he had some event he had to go to in DC at some Sprint store. He said he didn't know what the event was, but he got a text on his iPhone reminding him to go.

I had to shake my head and laugh
    That's funny.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l1fe View Post
    Ended up having 40 at that location. I showed up at 4:30am and was #5 in line...of course, #15 didn't show up until 7:30am! Either way, I'm happy with my pre!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast