1.    #1  
    I hate to start a new thread, but I thought this was pretty significant.

I just popped into my local Sprint store (corporate) to see about launch details. The guy I talked to said that they will have an excellent waitlist system that they will start AFTER they run out of inventory. Anyone who doesn't get one will be put on a prioritized waitlist. When yours comes in, you'll have 48 hours to go get it--after that they'll no longer hold it for you. Of course, you'll have to physically be present in the store to get put on the wait list in the first place. No list before the launch.

I was REALLY encouraged by this news, and I thought it was worthy of sharing.

He was also confident that if I showed up at 8am on Saturday, I'd be getting one.

For what it's worth, this store is in the Dayton, OH area.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I thought they would try and sell you the new HTC snap first? After all, Microsoft is a much more successful company than Palm. :-)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I was told the same thing at an Austin store. See my notes.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I thought they would try and sell you the new HTC snap first? After all, Microsoft is a much more successful company than Palm. :-)
    go back on Sunday, I'm sure they'll have one available for you. But in all seriousness, I think Radio Shack was telling employees to push the Instinct.
    Oops - posted to wrong thread!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    go back on Sunday, I'm sure they'll have one available for you. But in all seriousness, I think Radio Shack was telling employees to push the Instinct.
    Well, the HTPC snap is being released on the same day, so I suspect the Sprint stores will be pushing that. :-)
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Well, the HTPC snap is being released on the same day, so I suspect the Sprint stores will be pushing that. :-)
    it's being released the following day, Sunday.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I was told the same thing at an Austin store. See my notes.
    Ah great! Sorry, I missed your post earlier. But it's nice to hear it from more than one source.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was just told the same thing by my sprint corporate repair center/store.

First come first serve on saturday. Everyone that comes in on saturday and doesn't get one gets on a waiting list for the next batches that come in, only he said they'd hold it for 24 hours not 48.