Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As far south as Poughkeepsie and all points north, Albany, Plattsburgh, Watertown, Syracuse, Utica, Ithaca, Binghamton, Rochester, Buffalo.
    Post your Pre release info here.
    Looks like Best Buys in the Syracuse area won't have many, Watertown is getting 6.
    There are some third party store sales, the ones that go by In Touch Wireless.
    Good luck in getting a Pre.
  2.    #2  
    Here are some Best Buy numbers from the original thread.

384 - ITHACA NY 1
    433 - HENRIETTA NY 2 459 - AMHERST NY 0 0 2 0 $849.99 0 0 0
    538 - SYRACUSE NY 2
    545 - NEW HARTFORD NY 1
    1036 - BIG FLATS NY 1
    1089 - WATERTOWN NY 6
    1127 - DE WITT NY 1
    1131 - HAMBURG NY 2
    1152 - WALDEN GALLERIA NY 2
    1183 - LIVERPOOL NY 1
    1400 - GREECE NY 1 1455 - CLARENCE NY 0 0 2
    I'm going to one of the sprint stores in Rochester. The two Best Buy stores here are only showing to be getting 2 at Henrietta and 1 at the Greece store.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    The corporate store in Henrietta (Rochester) was tentatively opening early at 8am on Saturday, but I just called and now its 10am on Saturday. They still don't know how many they are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    The corporate store in Henrietta (Rochester) was tentatively opening early at 8am on Saturday, but I just called and now its 10am on Saturday. They still don't know how many they are getting.
    That's the store I am planning to go to, I'll call them when I get out of work and see what they say about the hours on Saturday.
    I'm going to a non-corporate store right outside Albany. I put my deposit down so I should be getting one on Saturday.
    I saw a store rep off duty at a bar last night in Henrietta..(he was still wearing his shirt) He said that they had received 50 units, he seemed stoked about it. Also I called the store today to confirm the Premier Launch party, but was told it was canceled and that they have reverted to their normal hours....WTF so doors open at 10am!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I saw a store rep off duty at a bar last night in Henrietta..(he was still wearing his shirt) He said that they had received 50 units, he seemed stoked about it. Also I called the store today to confirm the Premier Launch party, but was told it was canceled and that they have reverted to their normal hours....WTF so doors open at 10am!
    That's great news, 1 of those 50 should have my name on it then. Kind of stinks that they aren't going to open until 10 but oh well.
    Good news is with 50, I feel comfortable showing up around 9ish
  10.    #10  
    Anyone know of any Syracuse info?
    I've been lurking this forum for some time now and learned alot so I figured I would register and share some info.

I checked a few sprint stores in Albany and here is what I found; The store on Central Ave (by Home Depot) is a non-corporate store and said they won't be getting any pre's on launch day.

There are two stores in Crossgates mall, the one by Best Buy is non-corporate and is taking pre-orders but only for new customers or people who are out of contract. Since I'm still under contract they told me they would not sell me one.

The other store in Crossgates, which is by Macy's, is corporate and said they will be sold on a first come first serve basis and will open at 10am. I'm not sure what time the mall doors open but I plan on bringing a book and getting there a few hours early to be safe.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGambino View Post
    I've been lurking this forum for some time now and learned alot so I figured I would register and share some info.

I checked a few sprint stores in Albany and here is what I found; The store on Central Ave (by Home Depot) is a non-corporate store and said they won't be getting any pre's on launch day.

There are two stores in Crossgates mall, the one by Best Buy is non-corporate and is taking pre-orders but only for new customers or people who are out of contract. Since I'm still under contract they told me they would not sell me one.

The other store in Crossgates, which is by Macy's, is corporate and said they will be sold on a first come first serve basis and will open at 10am. I'm not sure what time the mall doors open but I plan on bringing a book and getting there a few hours early to be safe.
    Welcome and thanks for the info.
    I went to SUNYA and miss the Albany area very much.
    Sorvanna pizza was the best.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    The guys at the corporate store in Binghamton said that they will not be doing a June 5th launch, but they heard that some store up in Syracuse would - can anybody confirm on that?

They will, however, have stock on launch day, so maybe I'll see the other Binghamtonian PreCentral peeps on Saturday morning!
    I'm upstate New York!
    Called 4 Sprint Stores in Buffalo, NY area.

All opening at 10am. Store on Union Road said 10am "but make sure you register online." At first I thought he meant "store hours are available online" so I said "I heard some stores were opening at 8am" and he repeated saying 10 am but this time really made a point of saying "register online"
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Called 4 Sprint Stores in Buffalo, NY area.

All opening at 10am. Store on Union Road said 10am "but make sure you register online." At first I thought he meant "store hours are available online" so I said "I heard some stores were opening at 8am" and he repeated saying 10 am but this time really made a point of saying "register online"
    What does registering online even mean? The guy at the Staten Island, NY store told me the same thing. There is no preregistration on Sprint's Palm Pre site, unless I am missing something?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    What does registering online even mean? The guy at the Staten Island, NY store told me the same thing. There is no preregistration on Sprint's Palm Pre site, unless I am missing something?
    I got the same thing from Binghamton - said that there was a registration thing on My Sprint at Sprint.com. The closest thing my father and I could find was the mailing list form - maybe they'll send out a flyer that you're supposed to print out and bring with you launch day?
  18.    #18  
    Rumor has it if you signed up to be notified at the Sprint site, you'd be getting an e-mail to print out to claim your Pre.
    But with possibly limited supplies, that may not be happening.
    Or it's just for Sprint's Premier customers only.
    That would be nice, seriously...why have a premier program without having any benefits?
  20.    #20  
    I'm lining up at my local 3rd party Sprint store at 6 a.m.
    They said they have 7 already in, could get more tomorrow.
    I can hardly wait.
    Christmas Eve like when I was a kid.
    If you get one Saturday, come back here and post where you got it and what the waiting/buying experience was like.
    Lets have some fun with this. Apple had their turn 2 years ago, this is our time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast