Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    The guys at the corporate store in Binghamton said that they will not be doing a June 5th launch, but they heard that some store up in Syracuse would - can anybody confirm on that?

They will, however, have stock on launch day, so maybe I'll see the other Binghamtonian PreCentral peeps on Saturday morning!
    Yeah this store in Syracuse was going to release it on the 5th, but they had problems (No Palm Pre activations until the 6th. So its a brick on the 5th until the next day).

Non-corporate store
    3649 Erie Blvd E
    Shoppingtown Mall, K 032
    Syracuse, NY 13214
    (315) 445-5550
    I got a phone call form my third party Sprint dealer late this afternoon. He had previously put my name on a list. He made an appointment with me to pick up and activate my Pre on Saturday at 1pm.
    It is the Sprint store on Monroe Ave in Rochester.
    Quote Originally Posted by uisdean View Post
    I got a phone call form my third party Sprint dealer late this afternoon. He had previously put my name on a list. He made an appointment with me to pick up and activate my Pre on Saturday at 1pm.
    It is the Sprint store on Monroe Ave in Rochester.
    I called there yesterday and the guy I talked to put me on their list. Said they open at 8am but he was booked until early afternoon. Took down my name and number and said to come in early afternoon to pick mine up.
    I'm planning on hitting up the Sprint store on Niagara Falls Blvd in Buffalo Saturday morning. I'll give them a call tomorrow after work to see what time they're opening and all that. I had good luck getting my Centro there when it was first released so we'll see what happens.
    The BestBuy at Crossgates Mall in Albany had a Pre out in the mobile area last night. They let me use it after I promised not to run away. (yay!) They said, depending on how many people show up, they will be issuing "tickets" to people who show up early. That way you can go get some breakfast, see a movie, and come back later in the day.
  6.    #26  
    I'm going to be hitting the hay soon so I can get up between 4-5 a.m.
    My place should have a few Pres (7, I've been told) so I don't want to take any chances of missing out.
    I'll be getting coffee at Tim Horton's and then setting up shop outside a mall and waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixlr View Post
    The BestBuy at Crossgates Mall in Albany had a Pre out in the mobile area last night. They let me use it after I promised not to run away. (yay!) They said, depending on how many people show up, they will be issuing "tickets" to people who show up early. That way you can go get some breakfast, see a movie, and come back later in the day.
    That's good to know. That is the store I will be hitting up.
    any campers in UPSTATE NY?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    camping here on culver and east ridge rd... theyr only getting 8 in and opening at 8am... also i have a friend that works at the Henrietta store and they ARE opening early but are only allowing certain people since they cancelled their early release last night (fri night)
    I have that on good authority as well! I'm one of those lucky people although I am headed out right now, i feel pretty certain that they will have enough to go around!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Got mine at a non-corp store. The phone is AWESOME!
  12.    #32  
    I get at my place at 5 a.m. for an 8 a.m. opening.
    It's just me and the mall walkers.
    The Sprint employees (3rd party kiosk) didn't arrive til 8:45!
    I'm just sitting there, listening to their phone ring.
    I'm like, 'c'mon, I've waited this long, now I have to wait longer?
    They did bring coffee which was nice.
    They had 7 in stock, no accessories, except the car charger, the rest will be in on Monday.
    Got it activated on my EPRP 500 plan no problems, then I had to get home to take my family to a parade that Sarah Palin was in.
    Fun.
    Good to be home, charging the Pre and having the 1.02 install done.
    Hope it all went well for you guys.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a store relatively close to albany that still has some pre's left?
    Quote Originally Posted by cookd2 View Post
    Does anyone know of a store relatively close to albany that still has some pre's left?
    Wouldn't a phone call to the half-dozen stores in the area get you that information?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixlr View Post
    Wouldn't a phone call to the half-dozen stores in the area get you that information?
    yeah, tried that.. still on all the waiting lists
    I got mine in Albany at the Kiosk outside of JC Penney's in CrossGates Mall. I know the store in North Greenbush has been getting them in everyday.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MapInfoJoe View Post
    I got mine in Albany at the Kiosk outside of JC Penney's in CrossGates Mall. I know the store in North Greenbush has been getting them in everyday.
    Yeah... Just picked up my pre from the north greenbush store. They get pretty regular shipments and don't have a wait list. Meanwhile the crossgates store has a waitlist of 75 now
  18.    #38  
    I was at the Sprint corp store in North Syracuse, they had sold out of their original allotment of 20 by Sunday, they got a few more in.
    Plus 20 % off accessories, I picked up that sweet Palm side case and a car charger.
    2 Touchstones left, so they're $55.
    I went to the Sprint store on Monday to get a Pre in Sangertown Mall in New Hartford, NY near Utica and they had 7 left after I bought mine. I dont think they're selling well there because they had 8 on Friday when I called them.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I was at the Sprint corp store in North Syracuse, they had sold out of their original allotment of 20 by Sunday, they got a few more in.
    Plus 20 % off accessories, I picked up that sweet Palm side case and a car charger.
    2 Touchstones left, so they're $55.
    was it the V one?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12