Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Where you're buying, what time, how many pres the different stores will ahve etc. Discuss:
    I have a friend that's an assistant manager in a RadioShack so hopefully I can get it from her. She says they arrive on the 4th and won't be able to sell until the 6th. Price is still unknown and so it stock, but she will know more once they get the shipment.

From the looks of things I was hoping for her to get me one early but no can do. I did this for a couple of Motorola V710's a couple of years ago 2 weeks early from a Radioshack before, boy was that fun.

I've also been calling a couple of Sprint stores in manhattan asking about waiting lists, stock, opening times. They all seem to be on the same page except not saying much about stock, if Pre is currently in the store, etc.

If somebody has gotten farther I would love to know...
    im not telling. it will be in a sprint store somewhere in the 5 boroughs though.

hopefully they still have one when i get there.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I think you'll have better luck outside the boroughs... pay a toll!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    which stores are opening in manhattan at midnight on the 5th?/anybody know?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'll be visiting my parents on Staten Island this weekend. As far as I know, the corporate store on Richmond Ave., isn't opening early; it is opening at the usual time of 10am. I'm going to call them again later in the week to see if this still the case. I figure all the NYC stores should be getting good stock levels so I might try my hand at Bestbuy first.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    I'll be visiting my parents on Staten Island this weekend. As far as I know, the corporate store on Richmond Ave., isn't opening early; it is opening at the usual time of 10am. I'm going to call them again later in the week to see if this still the case. I figure all the NYC stores should be getting good stock levels so I might try my hand at Bestbuy first.
    the kiosk in the SI mall told me Sunday that they have a list of over 80 people waiting for it....
    I have an official Sprint store within walking distance from me and a fair ways away from Manhattan so I'm thinking there won't be a crush. It's in the boroughs, not telling where either. It's on one of those big store lined streets which can be busy sometimes, but people who don't live in the area wouldn't come down here to shop.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    the kiosk in the SI mall told me Sunday that they have a list of over 80 people waiting for it....
    ... Sprint store it is! I called Best Buy mobile yesterday morning and the girl told me they were getting 9 pre's. Best of luck to the 80 people.
    Where, the BBmobile in the mall? because they don't even carry Sprint. Do you mean the big Best Buy?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Where, the BBmobile in the mall? because they don't even carry Sprint. Do you mean the big Best Buy?
    Nope, I specifically called up Best Buy Mobile because of the Best Buy thread and how the mobile stores would be getting more than the regular ones. The regular Best Buy wasn't very helpful.
    Called the Sprint store in the HBO Building in Manhattan on 42nd street and they told me that you need the email from sprint to get the first PRE's then they will sell the rest to people not on the Sprint list??? I asked what the hey is this and he directed me to go to Sprint.com and sign up to be notified and bring that with me when I get the email. Second store to tell me that. The first in NJ told me to go to PALM.com and register. I asked her how she would know i signed up if its in Palms system and she froze and said just sign up or no phone. Uggg. What a mess. every store I call has a different reply.
    What part of SI. I am originally from Dongan Hills ( Jefferson ave). I hate going back to the Island. The traffic is Brutal.

I will be at 42nd/6th Store, across from Bryant Park
    Thats the one I was talking about, thats the HBO Building. They told me no email from sprint then I have to wait until all the email folks get theres. Which I know is not true. They just have no clue. Give them a call. i just did., Also they will not open early. 10am on Saturday. None of the ones in Jersey are opening before 10am either as of now . One did tell me they may one at 8 or they may open at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    I will be at 42nd/6th Store, across from Bryant Park
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    What part of SI. I am originally from Dongan Hills ( Jefferson ave). I hate going back to the Island. The traffic is Brutal.
    You and me both. The Sprint Corporate store is right down Richmond Ave. from the Staten Island Mall, which is in New Springville. Best Buy is in the adjacent shopping plaza next to the mall, while Best Buy mobile is in the mall itself.
    I heard the same thing about signing up for that Palm email. Should get the email on the 5th I was told.
    I moved onto Staten Island from Manhattan (Knickerbocker Village) before the Mall was built. Actually there was barley any houses on SI back then. they never intended the Island to have so many people. Hylan Blvd is the only main road for all those people. When I was 15 it used to take 4 minute drive from my house to the SI Mall. Now it takes 45 minutes. Parents still live there. I visit a few times a year. Soon as I got married I ran to Jersey.

You and me both. The Sprint Corporate store is right down Richmond Ave. from the Staten Island Mall, which is in New Springville. Best Buy is in the adjacent shopping plaza next to the mall, while Best Buy mobile is in the mall itself.
    I believe the sprint store downtown manhattan is having the friday Party . but invite only. I did not get one.
    The people at the 86th st store are such unbelievable *****s. I almost want to buy somewhere else, but not really. Since if I buy from one of them I can tank their customer satisfaction scores by giving them bad marks in Sprint's follow up survey. And it is 5 min from my apartment!

Does anyone know of any 3rd party dealers in Manhattan offering the Pre on launch day for $199 instantly?

I checked with the dealer on broadway just downtown from waverly pl earlier, they will have them but want the $299 up front and are doing the same $100 mail in Sprint COR is doing.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast